Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 9/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Weird things happened with Traumatica and the remix album. I really don’t know how they calculated their things for the charts

I thought they shipped Chromatica vinyls this week in the UK but what about the high re-entry in Ireland too? 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, Thrasher said:

I thought they shipped Chromatica vinyls this week in the UK but what about the high re-entry in Ireland too? 

It turns out that wasn’t the clear answer either as Chromatica on RS only pulled 400 sales, so it can’t have been the pure making it chart. The way it charted so high in Ireland over DOC, imagine if they’d combined them :dean_scream:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Sweden:

#1 Don't Shut me Down

#2 still have faith in You

#30 Dancing Queen (41st week)

#37 Gimme Gimem Gimme (7th week)

#64 Mamma Mia (first time it ever charts in the country)

#68 Lay All yout love on me (first time)

#82 Chiquitita

#85 The Winner Takes it Alll

Abba has 8 songs charting this week

• paws up 3

On 9/10/2021 at 4:55 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

GP is here for PopTY. NRO was sabotaghed by her label, it was pulled from radio only 10 weeks after release helped by the monsters, who hijacked the radio callouts so it would debut there with ME!/Pretty Girls sized numbers 

GP ain't here for PopGA since she had a #5 debut/peak (SL) that lingered #25-#30 (10 weeks) on BB100, hit #11 on Pop Radio / Top 10 on HAC... but is 'here' for PopTY since she had a #15 debut/peak (NRO) that lingered #25-30 (15 weeks) on BB100, hit #11 on Pop Radio / Top 10 on HAC...? :katy_pie:

SL was pulled as lockdowns, COVID news, etc., surged, ~1 month before a 2nd single was serviced to support a delayed LG6. With COVID taking over all media, Radio was the only exposure GP had to SL's existence. OTOH, NRO was pulled as Small Talk was serviced, a common / legitimate tactic (vs. pulling ROM with no 3rd single serviced). Also, NRO + ST were droplets, not a leadup to KP5 (vs. pulling SL 2-3 wks before LG6).

Can you link to a source on NRO being pulled specifically due to callouts? On the mobilization of LMs to sign up and crash NRO? Any source on any song directly impacted by poor callout scores (quotes from label execs, radio curators...)? How can callouts be a reliable indicator of GP reception as you've proclaimed over and over, if you now say a small group of fans skewed the data enough to overwhelm GP consensus?

I just want it to make sense. Pushing 40 Gaga (TM) deserves poor callout scores (which are absolutely correlated to the avg. American's perception of music / SL) while Gaga fans not only stole Pushing 40** Katy's last shot at a hit, but jeopardized the legitimacy of the entire industry, by showing how easily callout scores can be manipulated with NRO. Seems like a case for the FBI, indeed. :tea:

**pushing closer, and with child, too!

• lol 2

On 9/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, JustJames said:

GP ain't here for PopGA since she had a #5 debut/peak (SL) that lingered #25-#30 (10 weeks) on BB100, hit #11 on Pop Radio / Top 10 on HAC... but is 'here' for PopTY since she had a #15 debut/peak (NRO) that lingered #25-30 (15 weeks) on BB100, hit #11 on Pop Radio / Top 10 on HAC...? :katy_pie:

SL was pulled as lockdowns, COVID news, etc., surged, ~1 month before a 2nd single was serviced to support a delayed LG6. With COVID taking over all media, Radio was the only exposure GP had to SL's existence. OTOH, NRO was pulled as Small Talk was serviced, a common / legitimate tactic (vs. pulling ROM with no 3rd single serviced). Also, NRO + ST were droplets, not a leadup to KP5 (vs. pulling SL 2-3 wks before LG6).

Can you link to a source on NRO being pulled specifically due to callouts? On the mobilization of LMs to sign up and crash NRO? Any source on any song directly impacted by poor callout scores (quotes from label execs, radio curators...)? How can callouts be a reliable indicator of GP reception as you've proclaimed over and over, if you now say a small group of fans skewed the data enough to overwhelm GP consensus?

I just want it to make sense. Pushing 40 Gaga (TM) deserves poor callout scores (which are absolutely correlated to the avg. American's perception of music / SL) while Gaga fans not only stole Pushing 40** Katy's last shot at a hit, but jeopardized the legitimacy of the entire industry, by showing how easily callout scores can be manipulated with NRO. Seems like a case for the FBI, indeed. :tea:

**pushing closer, and with child, too!

Chile @ItsGenuineGuy09 post was clearly ironic, it's not that serious :icant:

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 18,428
On 9/10/2021 at 6:20 PM, Fame Romance said:

Rolling Stone final midweeks:

#60 Dawn of Chromatica 

#114 Born This Way

#194 Chromatica 

Ok so Chromatica won’t make it to Billboard unless they combine it with DoC, I hope they do it 

Is there a chance they will?

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359

suddenly every pop star wants to go into movies and become a leading lady

(yes I know she was a child actress I’m just saying, I absolutely love Ariana i just think this is funny)

First Taylor and Beyoncé going into movies like Cats and Lion King trying to get their Oscars after Gaga did and now Ari getting into movies ….:icant: Gaga TRULY an icon 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • shook 1
  • lol 1