Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 18,421
On 9/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, little legend said:
  • I don't know. I love DanceGa but i am sure that she can easily have a new smash with a new ballad song. Since 2017 her ballads always become hits and have amazing longevity something that she couldn't achieve with her dance songs since 2010:rip: ( and songs like Stupid Love not only didnt have longevity but didnt also have any frontloaded success at all:uhh:

You’re not the gp, tho

love GIF

• shook 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,827
On 9/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, little legend said:
  • I don't know. I love DanceGa but i am sure that she can easily have a new smash with a new ballad song. Since 2017 her ballads always become hits and have amazing longevity something that she couldn't achieve with her dance songs since 2010:rip: ( and songs like Stupid Love not only didnt have longevity but didnt also have any frontloaded success at all:uhh:

The position she was in before releasing the LG6 lead was insane: winning an Oscar, a 400m grossing movie, two huge WW hits; one solo, and then a huge A-list launch for the lead complete with AM video, radio deal, merch, and YT payola... i have honestly never seen a lead be released like LG6's was.

But yeah,  It is once in a lifetime position, but i really hope Gucci sets up LG7 in the right way (and GP connect with it nn) :prideheart:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

On 9/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, little legend said:

It's not fair to compare the success of her recent ballads and her recent dance songs. For MR she went to promo it almost everywhere, including one of the most viewed programs in the world and it success was mainly in the US in a few markets and even there it didn't smash, it was just a moderate hit. Shallow/ARUTW/INLA all got heavy promo since the movie got so popular and so many went to see the film. They were also covered on like every talent show in the world :rip:
So even though they didn't had much promo from Gaga directly they still got lots of promo. 

The chromatica singles on the other hand you wouldn't even be aware of their existence if you aren't using streaming playlists because thats the only promo they had apart from the VMA performance :bradley:

That said, i think Gaga can have another smash again easily if she wants to, no matter if it's a dance song or ballad. But the thing is, they seem fine with just dropping new stuff then do nothing for it so don't expect much. :darkmode:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,827
On 9/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, little legend said:

I mean, its hard going expecting a woman who debuted in that era to do these gay bops and have the same success. rihanna, katy, kesha are not suddenly going to get a solo dance bop hit in 2021 :laughga:  

Monsters expect too much from Gaga imo. she transitioned to HAC and won GP back vs. when she damaged her brand in 11-13, and i think you're right thats her new strengths. we stan versatility baby :prideheart:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,421
On 9/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I mean, its hard going expecting a woman who debuted in that era to do these gay bops and have the same success. rihanna, katy, kesha are not suddenly going to get a solo dance bop hit in 2021 :laughga:  

Monsters expect too much from Gaga imo. she transitioned to HAC and won GP back vs. when she damaged her brand in 11-13, and i think you're right thats her new strengths. we stan versatility baby :prideheart:

Gaga transitioned to HAC for a movie and the movie along with the soundtrack gained massive success. Let’s see if she can be successful with HAC without all that. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,848
On 9/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

But did we really expect that the people she won with ASIB would have followed the style of Chromatica? 

It’s like Adele releasing an EDM album after 21 and 25 :rip:

Edited by La Chatte
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 18,421
On 9/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, La Chatte said:

But do we really expected that the people she won with ASIB will follow the style of Chromatica? 

It’s like Adele releasing an EDM album after 21 and 25 :rip:

Exactly this. And I don’t agree with itsgenuineguy’s original quote either. I don’t think monsters expect anything logical, we’re just a fanbase. It’s chartsters mostly who expect her do all the right moves in order to get hits. But it all comes to what you’ve said - we can’t expect everyone loving all of her catalogue. We stan a versatile legend. And I love it.

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833

Gaga can have success with both ballads and dance songs, we all saw that she's promo sensitive every single time (even with the remix album) she just needs good promotion and luck with her side (and by this I mean, no shits like COVID happening to throw her mood away)

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1