Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 29,943
On 9/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, Samueld9 said:

Yes i am surprise too ! We can still purchase tickets ! But i wonder why they would remove some tickets ! 

I think some glitches in there… I remember we couldn’t buy tickets anymore. And still the case for Paris (the show doesn’t even appear anymore)

The Fame Popster 333
On 9/5/2021 at 3:34 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

m expecting this to free-fall pretty hard, which means it won't be long before liddos start attacking gaga/her team asking why they haven't sent one of the hyper pop remix tracks to radio or gone onto TV to promote it :dean_scream:

Despite DOC's debut showing a clear demand and interest in danceGA, you're still going to hold on to "Chromatica was for the gheys" / "GP wants ARUTW" / "ROM = MH&MH" BS? Even when Chromatica (OG)'s initial streaming, sales, YT views, critical acclaim, H100 debuts, Pop Radio peaks, boosts from VMAs / vinyls / etc. were more than enough evidence that LG6, a dance-pop era from the pushing 40 Lady Gaga, could've been a huge album cycle had it been managed correctly? 

Literally nobody will say her team should send "hyperpop remix tracks to Radio," but trying to conflate a downward trajectory of DOC (dropped 1.5 yrs after the last OG single) with Chromatica's potential w/ promo and additional Radio singles is ridiculous. If these "hyperpop remix tracks" are getting attention 1.5 years later, minimal promo support of the non-hyper, dance-pop parent album closer to 05/29 would've been successful.

Even in the least aggressive revision of history, pushing 911 as a WW single with the MV + physicals > Charli remix > DOC in September 2020 would've made 911 a ~2x-Platinum, Top 40, 20+ week hit in the U.S., and extended Chromatica's run on BB200 by ~12-20 weeks in the long-run.

If FT, FW, 911 remixes were tossed onto a Chromatica re-release vs. DOC, and all 3 released as singles in various markets, they'd all achieve Chart success as singles and push Chromatica back onto many countries' album charts for several weeks... 1.5 years after the last single. So, the handful of people who'd say her team should release a DOC single are actually far closer to logic than the one sticking with "dance-GA is dead!," "3rd single = Ava Max floppage" theories.

• paws up 8

Pop-a-911-ster 30,423
On 9/5/2021 at 6:01 PM, BenG said:

No Gaga, no memory

I know this was a joke but tbh, why are they doing them so late? They are cute for a summer night entertaniment but in mid september people have other things to be worried about I fear :lesson:

Popster for Sale 41,990
On 9/5/2021 at 5:03 PM, Andreu said:

I know this was a joke but tbh, why are they doing them so late? They are cute for a summer night entertaniment but in mid september people have other things to be worried about I fear :lesson:

Delayed so that L4S world premiere performance can happen there :darkmode:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 18,574
On 9/5/2021 at 5:54 PM, JustJames said:

Despite DOC's debut showing a clear demand and interest in danceGA, you're still going to hold on to "Chromatica was for the gheys" / "GP wants ARUTW" / "ROM = MH&MH" BS? Even when Chromatica (OG)'s initial streaming, sales, YT views, critical acclaim, H100 debuts, Pop Radio peaks, boosts from VMAs / vinyls / etc. were more than enough evidence that LG6, a dance-pop era from the pushing 40 Lady Gaga, could've been a huge album cycle had it been managed correctly? 

Literally nobody will say her team should send "hyperpop remix tracks to Radio," but trying to conflate a downward trajectory of DOC (dropped 1.5 yrs after the last OG single) with Chromatica's potential w/ promo and additional Radio singles is ridiculous. If these "hyperpop remix tracks" are getting attention 1.5 years later, minimal promo support of the non-hyper, dance-pop parent album closer to 05/29 would've been successful.

Even in the least aggressive revision of history, pushing 911 as a WW single with the MV + physicals > Charli remix > DOC in September 2020 would've made 911 a ~2x-Platinum, Top 40, 20+ week hit in the U.S., and extended Chromatica's run on BB200 by ~12-20 weeks in the long-run.

If FT, FW, 911 remixes were tossed onto a Chromatica re-release vs. DOC, and all 3 released as singles in various markets, they'd all achieve Chart success as singles and push Chromatica back onto many countries' album charts for several weeks... 1.5 years after the last single. So, the handful of people who'd say her team should release a DOC single are actually far closer to logic than the one sticking with "dance-GA is dead!," "3rd single = Ava Max floppage" theories.

Thank you for this. I wish I would have the ability to turn my thoughts into a post like this. Bravo.

:love:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,990
On 9/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, JustJames said:

I don't see the relation between your post and the post you're replying to :mess:

Can someone please help a very confused popster (me) here? :mess:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 388
On 9/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, ViviLittleM said:

I think some glitches in there… I remember we couldn’t buy tickets anymore. And still the case for Paris (the show doesn’t even appear anymore)

That’s strange ! 😧

A Popster Is Born 18,574
On 9/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, BenG said:

I don't see the relation between your post and the post you're replying to :mess:

Can someone please help a very confused popster (me) here? :mess:

Go back through GenuineGuy’s post history both here and for example on ATRL and you’ll understand. 

Popster for Sale 45,012
On 9/5/2021 at 5:26 PM, Replay said:

AlphaData (FRI-FRI)

SPS
#9 Born This Way
#30 Dawn of Chromatica

Pure Sales
#4 Born This Way
#7 Dawn of Chromatica
#32 Chromatica

BTW what the hell, was not expecting this :enigma:

Popster for Sale 57,532
On 9/5/2021 at 6:26 PM, Replay said:

AlphaData (FRI-FRI)

SPS
#9 Born This Way
#30 Dawn of Chromatica

Pure Sales
#4 Born This Way
#7 Dawn of Chromatica
#32 Chromatica

omg we'll have 2 albums charting this week with BTW and DoC :darkmode:

It'd be really nice if they combined Chromatica with DoC and BTW with re-imagined

• paws up 3