Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,688
On 8/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, DeanClownchester said:

Exactly. I was ready to let it go then they start this clowning. False hope is so cruel.

this remix album teasing literally started when I gave up on Chromatica :rip: 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,812
On 8/26/2021 at 11:39 AM, Nemanja said:

at least, this time we have info from bloodpop that its delay, if we waiting for Gaga to answer, we will have new ARTPOP act II

I agree social media is a toilet and i think she re-set the boundaries with her fans post-2016. t's sad but i dont think she wants to see all that negativity and abuse. Weird to think she was known as mrs. social media in like 2010, she was the most followed, she  she was also known as the person who labelled their fans and was the most in tune with them

ARTPOPster 2,014
On 8/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, little legend said:

The hate for Fun Tonight must stop!

It could be easily the lead single and a top #3 on Billboard

It would have performed 10 times worse than stupid bomb and p*ss combined :bigbird:

Edited by Mr. V
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,932
x3

Billboard: 'ARMYs crowdfunding are certainly near legendary'

Spoiler

While other artists’ fan cohorts also prefer direct-to-consumer purchasing for sustained sales runs and have tried tactics similar to ARMY’s, none have done so as effectively or with as much apparent coordination, those sources say. And this summer, when “Butter” and “Permission to Dance” reigned atop the Hot 100 for 10 straight weeks total, fans of artists like Olivia Rodrigo and Dua Lipa — whose own singles were shut out from the No. 1 spot during that time — began calling ARMY’s work akin to cheating.

On the July 24 chart, “Permission to Dance” debuted at No. 1 with 140,100 total sales, according to MRC Data, with “Butter” falling six spots to No. 7 and Rodrigo’s “good 4 u” holding at No. 2. But then, something highly unusual happened: The next week, “Butter” returned to No. 1 (leapfrogging Rodrigo and others) and switched places with “Permission,” which slipped to No. 7.

Rodrigo’s fans claimed that it wasn’t a coincidence. @scrappyseal, noting the reversal, tweeted that BTS had “0 GP [general public] support. A real smash is sustained by the GP support.” Another fan of both Rodrigo and Lipa’s, @lipaanostalgia, described BTS as having “fraudulent ways” and its fans as “involved in chart manipulation” and “mass buying.”

ARMY’s crowdfunding efforts are certainly near legendary at this point. As screen grabs of account balances and bulk purchase receipts on Twitter reviewed by Billboard show, BTS fans use PayPal to pool money from ARMY around the globe and make the purchases that will count toward U.S. sales. “ARMY WHERE ARE YOU??” @borakore52 asked in an Aug. 5 tweet. “I have enough for 448 sets of 16 PTD plus 24 Butter!! Even if you cannot buy until later, please get your requests in ASAP!!”

These efforts have buoyed the group’s singles, as they have sailed to the top of the charts despite BTS’ weaker streaming numbers and radio airplay than some of its pop contemporaries. “It’s a fair question,” says RM of allegations that ARMY’s work amounts to chart manipulation. “But if there is a conversation inside Billboard about what being No. 1 should represent, then it’s up to them to change the rules and make streaming weigh more on the ranking. Slamming us or our fans for getting to No. 1 with physical sales and downloads, I don’t know if that’s right ... It just feels like we’re easy targets because we’re a boy band, a K-pop act, and we have this high fan loyalty.”

When asked if HYBE itself organizes fans in any chart manipulation, Shin Young-Jae — president of BTS’ label, Big Hit Music (a HYBE subsidiary) — answers with a chuckle. “Wouldn’t it be nice if we actually had the ability to mastermind such a thing?” he says. “I get that there are market developments [related to BTS] that are head-scratchers for some people. But I don’t believe the U.S. market is one that can be handily topped by downloads alone. We think the songs’ impact was shown in many ways, and we are proud of that achievement.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9618967/bts-billboard-cover-story-2021-interview/

Pop-a-911-ster 28,932
x3
On 8/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, little legend said:

Billboard: 'ARMYs crowdfunding are certainly near legendary'

Reveal hidden contents

While other artists’ fan cohorts also prefer direct-to-consumer purchasing for sustained sales runs and have tried tactics similar to ARMY’s, none have done so as effectively or with as much apparent coordination, those sources say. And this summer, when “Butter” and “Permission to Dance” reigned atop the Hot 100 for 10 straight weeks total, fans of artists like Olivia Rodrigo and Dua Lipa — whose own singles were shut out from the No. 1 spot during that time — began calling ARMY’s work akin to cheating.

On the July 24 chart, “Permission to Dance” debuted at No. 1 with 140,100 total sales, according to MRC Data, with “Butter” falling six spots to No. 7 and Rodrigo’s “good 4 u” holding at No. 2. But then, something highly unusual happened: The next week, “Butter” returned to No. 1 (leapfrogging Rodrigo and others) and switched places with “Permission,” which slipped to No. 7.

Rodrigo’s fans claimed that it wasn’t a coincidence. @scrappyseal, noting the reversal, tweeted that BTS had “0 GP [general public] support. A real smash is sustained by the GP support.” Another fan of both Rodrigo and Lipa’s, @lipaanostalgia, described BTS as having “fraudulent ways” and its fans as “involved in chart manipulation” and “mass buying.”

ARMY’s crowdfunding efforts are certainly near legendary at this point. As screen grabs of account balances and bulk purchase receipts on Twitter reviewed by Billboard show, BTS fans use PayPal to pool money from ARMY around the globe and make the purchases that will count toward U.S. sales. “ARMY WHERE ARE YOU??” @borakore52 asked in an Aug. 5 tweet. “I have enough for 448 sets of 16 PTD plus 24 Butter!! Even if you cannot buy until later, please get your requests in ASAP!!”

These efforts have buoyed the group’s singles, as they have sailed to the top of the charts despite BTS’ weaker streaming numbers and radio airplay than some of its pop contemporaries. “It’s a fair question,” says RM of allegations that ARMY’s work amounts to chart manipulation. “But if there is a conversation inside Billboard about what being No. 1 should represent, then it’s up to them to change the rules and make streaming weigh more on the ranking. Slamming us or our fans for getting to No. 1 with physical sales and downloads, I don’t know if that’s right ... It just feels like we’re easy targets because we’re a boy band, a K-pop act, and we have this high fan loyalty.”

When asked if HYBE itself organizes fans in any chart manipulation, Shin Young-Jae — president of BTS’ label, Big Hit Music (a HYBE subsidiary) — answers with a chuckle. “Wouldn’t it be nice if we actually had the ability to mastermind such a thing?” he says. “I get that there are market developments [related to BTS] that are head-scratchers for some people. But I don’t believe the U.S. market is one that can be handily topped by downloads alone. We think the songs’ impact was shown in many ways, and we are proud of that achievement.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9618967/bts-billboard-cover-story-2021-interview/

Billboard is a huge rat , isn't it?

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,770

maybe this is all a scheme from Interscope to make us disappointed and think it isn’t coming soon, so they can surprise release it on Friday :icant: