Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Moderator 17,129
On 8/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I guess :katy:

Imagine if Joanne had 3 songs on TTH and airplay... she was done dirty more than anyone coming after a career ending era!

Imagine if Chromatica had the promo Joanne had. A dozen performances for ROM alone, Superbowl, Xfactor, Victoria Secret, etc.

Chromatica would match ARTPOP easily and maybe be on par with 1/2 of ASIB.

• paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, corvus albus said:

Imagine if Chromatica had the promo Joanne had. A dozen performances for ROM alone, Superbowl, Xfactor, Victoria Secret, etc.

Chromatica would match ARTPOP easily and maybe be on par with 1/2 of ASIB.

thankfully she did all that with the horrible streaming and airplay support for the era, she had to make up for it somewhere :katy: 

Moderator 17,129
On 8/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

thankfully she did all that with the horrible streaming and airplay support for the era, she had to make up for it somewhere :katy: 

She recreated Joanne but without showing up on screen more than once :katy:

I respect  the woman for that but as a fan I'm not happy :katy:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Chartmasters only updated the streaming numbers. The Album sales and Single sales stayed the same.

For Example:

22.12.2020 (Last verified) - Chromatica: 1.445M from streaming + 0.805M = 2.250M EAS

15.08.2021 (Auto Update) - Chromatica: 1.968M  from streaming + 0.805M = 2.773M EAS

Capture_decran_2021-08-17_a_20.28_9.png?

Edited by Gagacharts
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, corvus albus said:

She recreated Joanne but without showing up on screen more than once :katy:

I respect  the woman for that but as a fan I'm not happy :katy:

I kinda love Joanne era now, and the album. I love million reasons. i know we talk about these what ifs for songs/albums but i genuinely believe this could've reached 800m with actual Spotify and AM presence ala LOTB. Plus this was a serve:

OIP.687KO2WgXI6KiNSn-aDv3gHaKh?pid=ImgDet&w=1200&h=1706&rs=1

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, Fame Romance said:

Top Dance/Electronic Albums:

#1(=) The Fame

#2(+1) Chromatica 

#19(-5) Born This Way

Coming for #1-#4 with Thermomix release

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/17/2021 at 1:11 PM, corvus albus said:

Psst. It's the only country where it had a positive jump :arguega:

Twitter doesn't know that, so we can use that :arguega:

32-A5-C664-E6-F5-4796-B900-FC633-B1-DFB9

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/17/2021 at 1:02 PM, Gagacharts said:

Chartmasters only updated the streaming numbers. The Album sales and Single sales stayed the same.

For Example:

22.12.2020 (Last verified) - Chromatica: 1.445M from streaming + 0.805M = 2.250M EAS

15.08.2020 (Auto Update) - Chromatica: 1.968M  from streaming + 0.805M = 2.773M EAS

thanks for confirming this sweet :prideheart:

On 8/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Joanne bigger and better

A NRO tea

these are cute girls, neither are flops, but there were weak areas the other were strong in. One came after a moderate success with bad press, the other a huge success with amazing press. one had to ne promoted through traditional methods that were not as common place in the streaming age, the other had none of the other gaga prom,o but were heavily playlisted with big name draw. also PI/SL being the noisy frontloaded leads... john wayne = 911 moment :bigbird:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Moderator 17,129

The thing is, Joanne couldn't have been bigger. At least not at that time. They did everything that was possible for the album.

Chromatica is a very different story as the album could be literally twice as big if the promoted to its fullest. Chromatica had a lot of potential and they didn't capitalize on it at all :gunga:

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,879
On 8/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, corvus albus said:

The thing is, Joanne couldn't have been bigger. At least not at that time. They did everything that was possible for the album.

Chromatica is a very different story as the album could be literally twice as big if the promoted to its fullest. Chromatica had a lot of potential and they didn't capitalize on it at all :gunga:

S-s-s sour Candy music video alone

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, corvus albus said:

i've never seen a song receive a launch the way SL did, across all 3 platfroms. we were shook :bigbird:

Moderator 17,129
On 8/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i've never seen a song receive a launch the way SL did, across all 3 platfroms. we were shook :bigbird:

Sl was promoted for one week, same with ROM and SC. MR got promo for literally half a year alone :darkmode:

• paws up 2