Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 57,290

Doja currently has 3 songs in the top 10 of US AM (Ain’t sh!t #3, Need to Know #7 and Kiss Me More #9) almost 4 weeks after the album’s release, impressive 

The second official single (radio release, MV, playlisting) You Right is not doing as great tho, it’s my fave from the album along with Kiss Me More 

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 7/22/2021 at 11:35 AM, Fame Romance said:

Doja currently has 3 songs in the top 10 of US AM (Ain’t sh!t #3, Need to Know #7 and Kiss Me More #9) almost 4 weeks after the album’s release, impressive 

The second official single (radio release, MV, playlisting) You Right is not doing as great tho, it’s my fave from the album along with Kiss Me More 

i was suprised by how much i like this album, i LUV ain't sh*t... yes shes slaying AM. Normani tease. Maybe i will make the shift to AM (no because it wont play when theres no signal in the area)

I believe that this is her first official true 'album track' to reach 100m. this means it wasn't a promo single or pushed on radio anywhere, it wasn't on TTH, and it wasn't in the film. ASIB album now boasts that :billiecat:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 7/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i was suprised by how much i like this album, i LUV ain't sh*t... yes shes slaying AM. Normani tease. Maybe i will make the shift to AM (no because it wont play when theres no signal in the area)

I believe that this is her first official true 'album track' to reach 100m. this means it wasn't a promo single or pushed on radio anywhere, it wasn't on TTH, and it wasn't in the film. ASIB album now boasts that :billiecat:

and SOLOO!1!!1!!

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

A kii that in the countries where EDM/house (even tho its more progressive than the classic vibe chromatica has but anyways) is the most popular chromatica tankedhttps___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

They needed to milk the Axwell feature i fear

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Speaking of house music, nordic countries and tanks, can't believe SHM's lifetime debuted at #60 on swedish spotify (first full day) https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0265b1fee0_users_5f53767f9d636d6a86b28172_5f53767f9d636d6a86b28172_66679.thumb.jpg.b112a46dd9ba6f8a733d3db7caf819f0.jpg I guess that it was randomly released on Monday evening and the locals only check for new songs on Fridays/The weekends but anyway I can't believe this song that's a trillion times more commercial than It Gets Better is charting lower on its first day vs IGB's 6th

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

It's still a masterpiece so give it a stream

Edited by Andreu

Popster for Sale 57,290

I can’t believe how T person manages to get so many non singles above 100M :nicki_scream:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 7/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, Andreu said:

A kii that in the countries where EDM/house (even tho its more progressive than the classic vibe chromatica has but anyways) is the most popular chromatica tanked

its the same with Ava's last two singles that are a lot more house. Sweden loves Ava Max but MHMH only spent 3 weeks charting there i believe. US is not here for it at all, MHMH tanked on callouts and thus ended its run after 12 weeks. If we look at what did well on Eurovision we saw a rock song (totally fresh) and two ballads - i think songs like 'euphoria' and the like are seen as dated rn tbh - not strictly a rule EDM = not popular dated, but just things ive seen - there will be exceptions. As well as female pop as well being in a hugely different place. I can only think of Ava and Dua as the females slaying WW airplay that forum homos would enjoy (Olivia is abit different) It will all change though, it always does.

OT:

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 7/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, Fame Romance said:

I can’t believe how T person manages to get so many non singles above 100M :nicki_scream:

album artiste things - its the same as the artist affectionately known as 'FadN/A del 2012' (lana del rey) she has a lot too, so does lorde. None of those women are used on radio and have less than 3- 5 huge WW hits. Then we look at katy who was always put against gaga for having better streams like 7-9 300k songs daily released pre-2018, but her album tracks are an abomination, showing that it was kind of true when we said gaga was an albums artist :gaycat:

irJlb12.gif

A Popster Is Born 11,579
On 7/21/2021 at 11:45 PM, Fame Romance said:

1. You should definitely try at least Your Power and NDA (even tho my fave is Lost Cause but you need an exquisite taste to enjoy that vibe)

2. Why EIW a guilty pleasure?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.c623280f8fcf1db7

1. Shady a** b*ch :whatga:

2. I called it guilty pleasure cause I'm lowkey Eyelash hater, but that song is so good :ninja:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,828

i really think Interscope let their artists do as they please. Like Billie is releasing these huge bombs that are getting TTH/AM pushes which must be expesnive, GP are saying a clear no but she hasn't gone into hiding, shes coming full force for a solid first week with all these random covers/merch.

rihanna would've gone into hiding for a year if she dropped a my future/stupid love and come back with a collab (which she literally did). you gotta respect interscope artists commitment no matter what.

ezgif.com-optimize-3.thumb.gif.0f9609ced

• paws up 3