Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 7/12/2021 at 11:43 PM, JustJames said:

How are you "not surprised they pulled" a lead single of a WW superstar - that had 0 of other forms of promo - from Pop Radio, where it reached #11 (her highest in ages) and had enough AI to keep it mid-20s for its brief BB100 run? How could it NOT tumble without any plan to supplement that reach? 

I’m not surprised because ive learnt that interscope do this to billie’s recent bombs that have gone #6 - #45 :laughga: Interscope don’t do the remix thing, and Gagas base aren’t strong enough like BTS to sustain a chartrun. 

Had SL had been doing positive updates they’d have kept it, or like with ROM, a net positive on HAC callouts at least. However, they can’t justify a song that has reached its ceiling and is doing -0.5mAI everyday only 6 weeks later, even whilst still being advertised and losing AirPlay every day. I saw the same also happen to Ava’s ‘MHMH’ in the US, it was too dancey for that market and had a very short US run compared to in the UK. It is also worth noting SL had a 200m playlist reach and has still failed to reach 300m after well over a year. For a streaming era lead, this is kinda bad.

the 18-24 pop audience despise almost everything a more establish MPG puts out. They panned NRO, YNTCD, and Gaga wasn’t going to be an exception.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 7/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, DeanClownchester said:

didn't the third largest station in the US (?Chicago) also predict it could easily be a radio smash? and then just days after that interview analscope pulled the plug

By April 2020, that radio station was playing it 4 times a day and 2 before 7am :dead:

It is worth noting that ROM and potentially a promo single was coming within 5 weeks of release (this was virtually SL’s organic shelf life) Interscope probably knew it’d be short and snappy. The idea it was meant to be a smash or have this monumental push (beside the insane launch it did actually get) doesn’t make sense

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster for Sale 44,887
On 7/13/2021 at 8:37 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

By April 2020, that radio station was playing it 4 times a day and 2 before 7am :dead:

It is worth noting that ROM and potentially a promo single was coming within 5 weeks of release (this was virtually SL’s organic shelf life) Interscope probably knew it’d be short and snappy. The idea it was meant to be a smash or have this monumental push (beside the insane launch it did actually get) doesn’t make sense

by releasing promo singles + second single + the album closer to it as initially planned, I'm sure SL would be nearing 350M-400M streams nowadays. Instead it got almost a stand-alone single treatment.

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,887

Million Reasons YT views Total: 478M

268M (Official MV) + 103M (Audio) + 41M (Lyric Video) + 8.2m (HS performance) + 15M (BL performance) + 38M (RV performance) + 4.7M (SB performance)

Popster for Sale 44,887
On 7/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The girls scramblin to excuse chromatica era’s chartruns:

Reveal hidden contents

floptinaisapig.png.4a92bf762813f31f15694

Chile no need to excuse a 53 week chart-run on RS chart :gaycat:

It could've done better though lbh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 7/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, ViviLittleM said:

If they release Love For Sale after Rihanna released it’s ovah 

how are an album of jazz covers with a Legend in his 90s and an urban single direct competiton

OT: My bet is still it's a new ASAP song ft Rihanna, if not her starring in the video of his solo song

Edited by Andreu
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,879
On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, Andreu said:

how are an album of jazz covers with a Legend in his 90s and an urban single direct competiton

OT: My bet is still it's a new ASAP song ft Rihanna, if not her starring in the video of his solo song

Well I’m talking about her new album I think she’s filming different MVs

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 7/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Well I’m talking about her new album I think she’s filming different MVs

Meh. I think with the way things have changed expect a top 5 peak for L4S, but hopefully much more acclaim. I remember C2C charting longer than ARTPOP :dead: In terms of Rihanna let’s worry more about how they’ll compare it to chromatica’s performance vs. A jazz side project.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Apparently the new SHM single coming this week features Ty Dolla Sign and 070 Shake :elmo: The features kinda scare me, I hope it's not something trappy like the song they did with ASAP Rocky (on the spoiler below) I want a house banger. At least one of their singles will have to be a house banger and it'll be interesting to see how it'll perform because I feel like it can only either tank to oblivion or bring that sound back into the mainstream (in Europe at least) with no middle ground

Spoiler

Out on thursday or friday depending on the timezone, so it'll definitely not be released at midnight local.

edit 15th in Europe 16th in Australia

EDIT2: made a thread to dicuss their new era so feel free to comment there

Edited by Andreu