Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 18,445
On 7/9/2021 at 4:12 PM, Andreu said:

they added Taylor to the credits today id- what to think

if it was really a sample, why not credit it since day one?

Olivia is such a Tay Tay stan and she only added the credits today? Interesting 

A Popster Is Born 16,850
On 7/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, Andreu said:

they added Taylor to the credits today id- what to think

if it was really a sample, why not credit it since day one?

probably they threatened to sue :billie:

considering Taylor $wift

Popstanne 9,777

US AM:

30. BIA (ft Nicki Minaj) Whole - Lotta Money

37. Kid (ft Justin Bieber) - Stay

53. Mora, Bad Bunny & Sech - Volando (Remix)

105. Post Malone - Motley Crew

130. Billie Eilish - NDA

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity 

Edited by zoldyck
  • lol 6

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 7/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, zoldyck said:

US AM:

30. BIA (ft Nicki Minaj) Whole - Lotta Money

37. Kid (ft Justin Bieber) - Stay

53. Mora, Bad Bunny & Sech - Volando (Remix)

105. Post Malone - Motley Crew

130. Billie Eilish - NDA

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity 

wasn't this supposed to be "the" pre album hit a la Bad Guy:icant:

edit: just listened to NDA 

Edited by WildAmerican
  • lol 2

Popster for Sale 57,446

Rolling Stone Midweeks:

#179 Chromatica 

Maaaybe this has a chance to chart on BB if the position on final chart on Monday rises considerably but I don’t think so

Plus they count vinyl sales twice so it’ll have less pure on Billboard 

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,887

I can see Taylor doing a 180 and hating Olivia for plagiarizing her songs :icant:

Also I fear Dula Peep is coming for yet another hit with Lova Again, it sounds like a smash on radio and is doing good updates (+700k) on spotify. Another sleeper hit incoming.

• paws up 2

Popstanne 9,777
On 7/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, ChromaticaOreos said:

I can see Taylor doing a 180 and hating Olivia for plagiarizing her songs :icant:

She thrives on feuds and media drama. Now that Scooter drama is getting old, she will need something new. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 7/9/2021 at 5:50 PM, zoldyck said:

She thrives on feuds and media drama. Now that Scooter drama is getting old, she will need something new. 

this is something I wouldn't rule out but this is also a pretty low move so idk. Also, the fact people saying "it's normal that they were added to the credits cus Olivia said she was inspired by the song" :dead: since when an artist getting inspired by your work make you a songwriter on their songs.

• paws up 2

On 7/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, ChromaticaOreos said:

Also I fear Dula Peep is coming for yet another hit with Lova Again, it sounds like a smash on radio and is doing good updates (+700k) on spotify. Another sleeper hit incoming.

Another dicTTHatorship propaganda incoming :mess:

Love Again deserves to be a hit but Levitating is still smashing so seriously, unless they do another radio and playlist spam for months (which I wouldn’t be surprised of) I can’t see it becoming very big. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 333

LOL - the Grammys just implemented a rule that ALL credited producers, songwriters, engineers, and guest vocalists -- regardless of contribution -- will be recognized as nominees / winners for categories like AOTY. Before 2017, credited producers, engineers, and guest vocalists were recognized (Beyonce received an AOTY nomination for TFM, Colbie Collait won AOTY for Fearless / Bruno Mars for 25), which was replaced with a rule recognizing producers, songwriters, engineers, and guest vocalists who contributed a minimum of 33% to the project. https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-music-arts-and-entertainment-40d0f4ad60935747398cd8cd40f1a834

Not a coincidence, and not surprising. (jk with the snark; I don't care about Olivia, Taylor, or any musician outside their music) Taylor forgot to credit her boyfriend on Folkore until AFTER winning AOTY, when his name was suddenly added to songs that coincidentally made up, you guessed it, 33% of the album, and is now a Grammy winner:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/joe-alwyn/298064

• paws up 1
  • shook 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Credit for songs shouldn't be allowed to be changed afterwards unless there is a legal case and it's declared a case of plagiarism. If you sample or interpolate another song in your own music, you know it the minute you release it. If someone "helped" writing something, you know it before you release it. period. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:32 PM, JustJames said:

Not a coincidence, and not surprising. (jk with the snark; I don't care about Olivia, Taylor, or any musician outside their music) Taylor forgot to credit her boyfriend on Folkore until AFTER winning AOTY, when his name was suddenly added to songs that coincidentally made up, you guessed it, 33% of the album, and is now a Grammy winner:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/joe-alwyn/298064

Gaga better credit Gustavo, Koji and asia for ROM then :oscar:

• paws up 2