Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,628
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I just hope for the Chromatica remix they don’t change the prod but just add verses from other artists 😂 (I know it’s not possible)

I really hope they change the production and actually do something interesting

It's taking them so long, I hope it's worthy

Not here for club bland repetitive music though, give me hyperpop Chromatica

• paws up 3
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
56 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I just hope for the Chromatica remix they don’t change the prod but just add verses from other artists 😂 (I know it’s not possible)

that would be extremely boring

35 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

HDD is predicting Maroon 5 album to open with 29k-33k.

The way payola driven artists are always the one to fall the hardest.

were they ever really successful with their albums tho?

Edited by Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
12 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Not a buying party for this instead of Chroma :dead:

I really cannot think of something  more useful

99800c30c1bc01ebf9dc3b46f4a240dd.thumb.p

how can you have such a big platform and be sooo clueless

• sad 1

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I really cannot think of something  more useful

how can you have such a big platform and be sooo clueless

The way they could plan a Chromatica buying party for the week after the black vinyl is released to ensure Chroma 3 weeks more (this week, the week of the black vinyl + the next week).

For one thing that they do right, they do 5 things wrong I-

A Popster Is Born 16,279
19 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Not a buying party for this instead of Chroma :dead:

it's funny because it doesn't even count towards BTW units yet I think.

A Popster Is Born 16,279
4 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

The way they could plan a Chromatica buying party for the week after the black vinyl is released to ensure Chroma 3 weeks more (this week, the week of the black vinyl + the next week).

For one thing that they do right, they do 5 things wrong I-

they should have had party everyday this past week. It reentered RS so it's probably close on BB too.

Just now, Replay said:

they should have had party everyday this past week. It reentered RS so it's probably close on BB too.

Nahh, it wouldn't have entered, a buying party would bring what, 200 copies? It would take a lot more to even enter at #200. The only chance for Chroma to re-enter is the vinyl and the remixes in case they count towards Chroma (and only for 1 or 2 weeks) methinks.

11 minutes ago, Andreu said:

were they ever really successful with their albums tho?

There is a difference between not being successful and opening with less numbers than Katy's smile.

Spoiler

On serious note, yes they were successful, all their previous debuts were over 100k and either #1 or #2 (with the exception of their debut album which debuted low like The Fame, but eventually went to top 10)

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,279
12 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Nahh, it wouldn't have entered, a buying party would bring what, 200 copies? It would take a lot more to even enter at #200. The only chance for Chroma to re-enter is the vinyl and the remixes in case they count towards Chroma (and only for 1 or 2 weeks) methinks.

But it already entered RS chart. Also 200 copies is almost 100% increase in pure sales. I think you underestimate how close Chomaritca usually is to BB200 (and many albums that are out, units are quite low down there, and few hunders could make a difference).

3 minutes ago, Replay said:

But it already entered RS chart. Also 200 copies is almost 100% increase in pure sales. I think you underestimate how close Chomaritca usually is to BB200 (and many albums that are out, units are quite low down there, and few hunders could make a difference).

Yeah but the difference between the RS Chart and Billboard is huge. I remember with Chroma there were times with 25 positions difference (higher on RS) due to the different formula used. I think the cut around #200 may be around 5k copies or sth like that. Idk tho.

Edited by Ms I am a local

A Popster Is Born 16,279
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

Yeah but the difference between the RS Chart and Billboard is huge. I remember with Chroma there were times with 25 positions difference (higher on RS) due to the different formula used. I think the cut around #200 may be around 5k copies or sth like that. Idk tho.

Doesn't mean it's same every week. Their numbers just differ. Also for last few weeks on RS chart Chromatica wouldn't appear until final update, so it will probably be higher in final this week. And with some boost from streaming and buying parties reenter would be realistic.