Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,423

Halsey only #5 in the UK :dead:

Kanye West’s Donda lands straight in at Number 1 on the Official UK Albums Chart, securing the rapper his third chart-topping record.

Following its digital-only release on Sunday (August 29), Donda – named after Kanye’s late mother - takes the top spot with 20,000 chart sales. 91% of its week 1 total is streaming equivalent sales, with the remaining 9% being downloads. In total, Donda racked up 33.4 million streams across its 27 tracks. Kanye’s tenth studio album becomes his third UK Number 1, following 2007’s Graduation and 2013’s Yeezus. View Kanye’s Official UK Chart history in full here.

Meanwhile, rising star Maisie Peters enters at Number 2 with her debut album You Signed Up For This – and was the top selling album in UK independent record shops over the past seven days. Last week’s chart-topper, Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour, drops to 3.

Scottish synth-pop band Chvrches land at Number 4 with their fourth album Screen Violence, and Halsey completes the Top 5 with her fourth record If I Can’t Have Love I Want Power – the UK’s best-selling album on vinyl this week.

Elsewhere, Becky Hill’s debut album Only Honest At The Weekend opens at Number 7, KSI’s All Over The Place rebounds ten places to Number 10 following a deluxe edition release, and ABBA’s Gold – Greatest Hits edges closer to the Top 10 – up two spots to Number 12 – following news of their new album Voyage and virtual concert.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,943
On 9/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, Samueld9 said:

Will dawn of chromatica count towards Chromatica ? 

Basically first week it’ll surely chart as separate 

also the weeks it’ll be released physically 

can’t see Chromatica (original) charting at all. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,488

I always thought 1000 Doves would've been a cute single. It was a chill sounding song with simple production for radio. Hell, they could've released a MR-like remix, too. I remember the song climbed up iTunes after her CBS interview. 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,862

Olivia is the callouts queen :giveup:

Potential (09/03)

1. good 4 u 90 (▼3)

2 (+1) STAY 88 

3 (-1) MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) 86 (▼2)

4 (+1) Kiss Me More 86 

5 (-1) deja vu 86 (▼1)

6 (NE) traitor 86

7. You Right 85 (▲1)

8 (-2) Bad Habits 84 (▼2)

9 (+1) Arcade 79 (▼1)

10 (-1) Heartbreak Anniversary 77 (▼3)

11 (+1) You 76 (▼1)

12 (-1) Leave Before You Love Me 76 (▼2)

13 (NE) Love Again 73

14 (-1) Butter 67 (▼1)

Most positive reaction: good 4 u

Favorite song: good 4 u

Most negative reaction: Butter

Heaviest Burnout: Butter

Most familiarity: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)

• paws up 1