Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 18,562
On 8/20/2021 at 6:34 PM, monketsharona said:

The only thing in Aaliyah's impact on streaming services that I dislike is that R. Kelly will also get his coins in this. Which I hate a lot.

He won’t. The R Kelly album was released on streaming platforms years ago. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 8/20/2021 at 7:18 PM, Fame Romance said:

Interstellar monster smash Free Woman exists the French Airplay top 200 after an astounding 17 weeks on chart and an huge #77 peak 

spacer.png

the way this wouldn't be sarcastic if you were talking about some-other-00s-artist-i-won't-mention :witch-laugh:

Spoiler

:katy:

Edited by danwasd

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 8/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Fame Romance said:

Interstellar monster smash Free Woman exists the French Airplay top 200 after an astounding 17 weeks on chart and an huge #77 peak 

spacer.png

It actually charted for 17 weeks? I'm actually impressed

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3
On 8/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Fame Romance said:

spacer.png

YAS , only the interstellar smash Free Woman  

standing ovation clap GIF

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3

Gaga used to be the empress of YouTube , I can't understand what when wrong with BTW.  She went from having the most viewed video on YouTube to Streaming poison in just a year:leap:

And BTW era's video were all amazing ( well if we exclude the video for the lead single:sistrens:)

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,652
On 8/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, little legend said:

Gaga used to be the empress of YouTube , I can't understand what when wrong with BTW.  She went from having the most viewed video on YouTube to Streaming poison in just a year:leap:

And BTW era's video were all amazing ( well if we exclude the video for the lead single:sistrens:)

She pushed the envelope too far at a time when the rest of the pop stars are trying to out-Gaga her. People got tired of the gimmicks (even though Gaga's has some meaning to her outlandish couture) because everybody's trying to look crazy. See Nicki Minaj and the pope consort she brought with her, it wasn't received well at all. Katy was having success with TD and it took away from her as well and the rivalry started to bubble.

Gaga's videos started to lose replay value because they were getting long, or if they weren't they were too artistic for the GP who don't want to spend the effort to think.

Adele was smashing hard organically without the outfits and with out the harsh synths of EDM.

It was multiple factors.

• paws up 1