Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 29,901
On 7/18/2021 at 9:15 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Witness is bigger than Chromatica

Well… YouTube views Katy won (we all know why)

pure sales wise they’re basically equal (but can we compare 2017 vs 2020 sales? I don’t think so)

Spotify Chromatica wins

Certifications wise Witness wins but Chromatica certifications aren’t updated :/ 

Popster to Popster 2,973
On 7/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Well… YouTube views Katy won (we all know why)

pure sales wise they’re basically equal (but can we compare 2017 vs 2020 sales? I don’t think so)

Spotify Chromatica wins

Certifications wise Witness wins but Chromatica certifications aren’t updated :/ 

It was a provocation but actually according to a Katy stan on Twitter, Witness is a success as big as Born This Way. As far as this is concerned, the pure 2017 sales were decent + Katy was still the biggest pop star on the planet and was relatively young, regardless of the support of radios (before Swish Swish) and especially Spotify. Gaga came out of ASIB, it's true, but we all know that Chromatica was released in the worst way.

Popster to Popster 2,973

"Overall, Lady GaGa singles released in the last decade have spent just 28 weeks in the top 10 of the US Billboard Hot 100, a result that is limiting to define poor, meager, modest. Just think that Dua Lipa's single with DaBaby, Levitating has been in the top 10 for 27 weeks. A single by Dua Lipa manages to obscure the entire career of the banal Italian-American vocalist who has fallen after two years of relevance."

From the magical world of Facebook, I wish you happy reading:stopga:

• lol 6

A Popster Is Born 11,607
On 7/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, zoldyck said:

youtube WW:

280 Shallow 575,591

282 NDA 573,967

Wondering if she's gonna release another tank this Friday before the album, or she's gonna tank with dignity with the album next Friday? :ohhh:

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,962
On 7/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, ReadyGaga said:

"Overall, Lady GaGa singles released in the last decade have spent just 28 weeks in the top 10 of the US Billboard Hot 100, a result that is limiting to define poor, meager, modest. Just think that Dua Lipa's single with DaBaby, Levitating has been in the top 10 for 27 weeks. A single by Dua Lipa manages to obscure the entire career of the banal Italian-American vocalist who has fallen after two years of relevance."

First it was Katy Perry, then it was Billie Eillish, now it's Dua Lipa :ohyes: See them in a few years

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 2,973
On 18/7/2021 at 21:43, ChromaticaOreos said:

Prima era Katy Perry, poi era Billie Eillish, ora è Dua Lipa Ci  :Oh si:vediamo tra qualche anno

Without forgetting that in 2013 Lorde had to put an end to Gaga's career

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,962
On 7/18/2021 at 8:44 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Without forgetting that in 2013 Lorde had to put an end to Gaga's career

There are many more examples I'm sure

I mean I think people even hid behing Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson and all the other 2015/2016 fads

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 7/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Well, I can live with that. 

Gaga´s singles released the last decade - 28 weeks Top 10 --> 42.5M RIAA certifications

Dua´s single with heavy radio payola - 27 weeks Top 10 --> 2.0M RIAA certifications

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 44,962
On 7/18/2021 at 8:55 PM, Gagacharts said:

Gaga´s singles released the last decade - 28 weeks Top 10 --> 42.5M RIAA certifications

Dua´s single with heavy radio payola - 27 weeks Top 10 --> 2.0M RIAA certifications

I guess Dua will only need 20 more heavy payola'd singles to achieve that! I'm sure that'll be easy :billie:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,553
On 7/18/2021 at 3:55 PM, Gagacharts said:

The way you come SWINGING with facts every time….slay 

Happy Woman GIF by Kraken Images

• paws up 1