Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 11,592
On 7/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Nope, they can’t. She said stop and they stopped. And yes, blaming her team comes from the fans not liking her team for whatever reasons. 

And I’m not serious, like ya’ll are calling constantly Bobby a coffe maker which is funny and I’m just as constantly trying to explain simple things to some of ya’ll. We’re just having fun. 
:billie:

Again. You don't know, I don’t know, none of us knows if that was the case. You just cannot simply say they can't bacuse she decided this or that as a fact, because we don’t and won’t know that. 

And I know you also get the jokes and have fun while also trying to explain something, but just because that's how you see this, doesn't mean everybody else has to. 

I don't know if what I'm saying is making sense tbh :icant: somehow I don’t know how to explain some things in English :dead:

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 7/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Exaclty this. People love to have a scapegoat so they’re picking on her team simply because they don’t want to admit it was her who made the decisions. Superstars like her call the shots, not the other way around.

It's the same people who for example shits on Sarah for her makeup but nobody says a sh!t about Gaga actually approving her makeup and looks. Gaga said a lot of times that she is the boss and It's understandable because It's her career in the end.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, PanPikus said:

Again. You don't know, I don’t know, none of us knows if that was the case. You just cannot simply say they can't bacuse she decided this or that as a fact, because we don’t and won’t know that. 

And I know you also get the jokes and have fun while also trying to explain something, but just because that's how you see this, doesn't mean everybody else has to. 

I don't know if what I'm saying is making sense tbh :icant: somehow I don’t know how to explain some things in English :dead:

Don’t worry, your English is great. Certainly better than mine. 

On topic-it’s common sense. We know Interscope approach her for promo, she said no. We have HL CEO telling the media that she said no too for quite some time. It’s just common sense to assume it was her. Do you think Bobby, a manager plus a friend, can come up to her and say-move your a.s and do some promo? Lol.

It’s only realistic if you really think about it. There’s no point in blaming her team, blame her. They can’t do nothing without her approval. It’s not 2009-2013 anymore. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Lmao for once I’m not in the no promo talks love it

Might add that she could have at least done the listening party with us even one year later but Nop

Yes, she could. And this is the best proof it was her, not her team. She just left the ship. And she did not say a word why. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, LGMonster95 said:

It's the same people who for example shits on Sarah for her makeup but nobody says a sh!t about Gaga actually approving her makeup and looks. Gaga said a lot of times that she is the boss and It's understandable because It's her career in the end.

Exactly. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:10 PM, Delusional said:

She got lazy, so did her team, and as a result we got a half assed era. Personally, I feel like I’ve been pretending to be hyped for some movie, a soundtrack song and jazz album just because we might get some awards and acclaim. None of it matches to a music era from Gaga though. The excitement of seeing a new song performed, the new choreos, music videos and concepts. I miss it tbh

But who am I kidding, I hope we are served with more vanilla photo shoots and boring interviews because it’s still better than Chromatica era ig but this was just my opinion :billie:

In all seriousness, I don’t think the word lazy applies, but I get what you mean. They gave us a half baked era indeed. It was tragic. And I share your sentiments. 

I personally think she was busy af after the VMA’s, she got the HOG script and was def preparing to do the movie. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,831
On 7/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, emig_09 said:

I think we have our expectations so high guys. We want a Taylor/Dua profile on Gaga when we already had that on TF/TFM/BTW eras (talking about promo and singles).

Point is she grew up and her priorities changed and we didn't catch that signal :prideheart:

i agree - its ridiculous to think shes going to bang out an era with 5 singles, it just doesn't happen. Also, you need A LOT of demand to get singles post album release. It's effort for someone like Gaga, who does acting, philanthropy, has had a huge pop career at her peak, isn't going to do to try to compete with literally Dua Lipa or Ava Max (whose latest house pop song bombed, and the one before that was no way near as successful as K&Qs and smashed the hardest in the UK). It really isn't 2012 anymore.

Two hits doing the genre of music that chromatica is and one of them being a more solid global hit, with the album selling 3-4m CSPS WW is absolutely fine. they'll honestly be happy with the commercial performance in terms of high peaks especially, the good PR,  and haven't lost sleep saving money through promo.

Fans are just upset for various reasons about how things are, the lack of communication. i get that, and they're gonna discuss that - especially the listening party abandonment. I also totally get and believe it was her who cancelled everything due to COVID and BLM, not wanting to be visible. I am sure being a gaga stan we will get the era we all thought chromatica would be.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i agree - its ridiculous to think shes going to bang out an era with 5 singles, it just doesn't happen. Also, you need A LOT of demand to get singles post album release. It's effort someone like Gaga, who does acting, philanthropy, has had a huge pop career at her peak, isn't going to do to try to compete with literally Dua Lipa or Ava Max (whose latest house pop song bombed, and the one before that was no way near as successful as K&Qs and smashed the hardest in the UK)

Two hits doing the genre of music that chromatica is and one of them being a hit, with the album selling 3-4m CSPS WW is absolutely fine. they'll be happy with the commerical performance and haven't lost sleep saving money through promo.

Fans are just upset for various reasons about how things are, the lack of communicaiton. i get that, and they;re gonna discuss that. I also get that  believe it was her who cancelled everything due to COVID and BLM, not wanting to be visible

All of this

• love 2

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, Delusional said:

Yeah lazy was a poor choice of word - maybe just busy

Please, don’t feel like I’m correcting you or something, you def have the right to call it whatever you like. It’s our interpretation of things. Do I even make sense?

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833

The people who says that she's lazy :laughga:

She's still doing movies, jazz albums and other projects in between, she is not lazy, we are not talking about one of those singers who does a music era and then vanishes for years without doing anything (thank God actually).

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, LGMonster95 said:

The people who says that she's lazy :laughga:

She's still doing movies, jazz albums and other projects in between, she is not lazy, we are not talking about one of those singers who does a music era and then vanishes for years without doing anything (thank God actually).

I genuinely think they know she’s not lazy. They’re just disappointed with how some things went.

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 7/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, Delusional said:

Also ASIB smashing worldwide with just 2 televised performances and 1 worldwide single probably spoiled Gaga and her team into thinking they can get away with not doing any new promo plans and still have a smash era. :billie: Again, just my take.

Sorry but if that was the case then they would have never come and talk about how big the promo for Chromatica was suppose to have. COVID just f*cked up everything and that's the reality, we would see if her next era would have good promo or not to truly justify things out (I think it will) 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,935

Whatever it was Gaga or her team, it doesnt change anything to me. I know she is not lazy, but the way they abandoned the era was not cute, even with protests and covid. Its been more than a year and its honestly a very sad situation. Not to mention she only talks to us when there is something to sell :icant:

• paws up 5
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,854
On 7/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

miss dan coming in and throwing a pipebomb hihi

mw&pid=ImgRaw 

Ms. Dan Wasp for you, darling

mw&pid=ImgRaw

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 7/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I genuinely think they know she’s not lazy. They’re just disappointed with how some things went.

I get it, so am I, I wish this era was full with promo and exciting things but I also understand Gaga aswell here too. In my opinion, everything is just unfortunate. However I'm happy that this era didn't end up being tragic in numbers, people here often complains how big this album could have been if things were going our way but we don't tend to talk about how we also dodged a bullet, it could have been so much worse...

• paws up 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 7/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I get it, so am I, I wish this era was full with promo and exciting things but I also understand Gaga aswell here too. In my opinion, everything is just unfortunate. However I'm happy that this era didn't end up being tragic in numbers, people here often complains how big this album could have been if things were going our way but we don't tend to talk about how we also dodged a bullet, it could have been so much worse...

Agreed!

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,831
On 7/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, Doncho said:

Whatever it was Gaga or her team, it doesnt change anything to me. I know she is not lazy, but the way they abandoned the era was not cute, even with protests and covid. Its been more than a year and its honestly a very sad situation. Not to mention she only talks to us when there is something to sell :icant:

whilst i can definitely come up with reasons why gaga did this or that in 2020, i don't fully understand how this was treated, its the lack of communication. also the lack of a proper deluxe with new songs that all albums get these days (not the target bonus thing), that could've easily pushed the album but been lowkey around aug/sept - didn't happen. So yeah i do get your point, whilst also accepting chromatica is totally different to Joanne so it wasn't going to be pushed the same way.

• paws up 1