Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster to Popster 4,488
On 7/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Différent method

it’s just so weird because they only have 6k pure and the rest sea/tea

Can we just go by RS now? Chromatica has spent 52 weeks on their chart. Billboard wishes. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,264
On 7/6/2021 at 4:30 PM, Delusional said:

The most iconic celeb feud :legend:

best "drag a rat" ever

Popster for Sale 44,888

On 7/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I pride myself on not being a delulu but c word had no big Gaga promo push where she rams herself down people’s throats or Sour Candy MV which would’ve at least given her more front end stability, although chromatica is a dance album in a dead pop climate by a 35 yr old woman so you’re kinda right.

also the Circus/ASIB thing is a cute comparison for the blonde pop icon girlies and their gay base and CSPS journey but BJ BOMBED and had 0 acclaim, Gaga and her team are too good to not come away with a 70 on metacritic at lest hihi. Maybe in ten years we will see some tragic legacy album performance like that :gaycat:

Yes. I think Chromatica is in a different league than Femme Fatale. It was nominated for two Grammys and received a lot of awards. Their images coming off of these two eras can't be compared either. Gaga is now seen as being in a league of her own while Britney, no disrespect to her ofc, but I remember back then she wasn't respected at all and was seen as the 'typical shallow popstar'. Gaga as a more solidified place in the public eye than most popstars ever get (if her film career keeps doing well even more so) so I think she will have plenty of chances at success.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I will agree with you that Chromatica's lackluster performance was due to cancelled promo due to COVID-19 and the fact that dance pop isn't popular at all right now. There's a reason ASIB blew up - general audiences ate up the Joanne-sounding songs. I think going forward she needs to lean more towards Adult Contemporary music. I am actually hoping the rumors are true about Top Gun: Maverick. I feel like a TEOG- styled song or Million Reasons-like ballad would easily go top 10 for her. 

It'll be interesting to see where she pivots in the next few years. She's for sure showing more of an interest in fashion, business and filmmaking than recording music. 

I'm really excited for the Top Gun song. The stakes are high for that one, if it's a gorgeous ballad I can't see it not smashing but we'll see. 

Edited by ChromaticaOreos

Popster for Sale 41,936
On 7/6/2021 at 8:56 PM, ViviLittleM said:

When France does the same before @Miaou is allowed to enter :icant:

Brave of you to think @Miaou would wait 15 days :icant:

He'll be there every night starting this Friday :icant:

RIP liver

• lol 2

Moderator 17,129
On 7/6/2021 at 9:53 PM, BenG said:

is this the inspo for your @? :icant:

I'm sorry, but this feud was basically the end of her hitmaking career. She didn't win anything here :katy:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 7/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, Fame Romance said:

Torn should've won SOTY at the 2020 Grammys instead of Bad Guy

b2780x1450.thumb.jpg.65cab9cf755b4138664ca92be2f881ff.jpg

It is better than Bad Guy WBK but song of the year girlie....

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

and I say that as an Avsus stan

Spoiler

specially not on the year ARUTW was nominated :dead:

• paws up 2