Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 13,455
1 minute ago, Thrasher said:

It's funny how people come for Gaga for doing 3 collabs on Chromatica 12 years in her career while Doja has like 5 collabs (including two A-listers) in her sophomore album.

How many #ThankYou should we use? :icant:

The same with Dua. I think she also has 5 collabs on her sophomore album :ohhh:

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

The same with Dua. I think she also has 5 collabs on her sophomore album :ohhh:

The originally released FN had 0 collabs, but the Spotify Playlist edition has 5 songs with other artists. 

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Doja Cat is a rapper ? :dead: 5 features is not a lot sis.

From what I've heard, Planet Her is mainly Pop with R&B/trap influences. It's not strictly hip-hop like Invasion of Privacy for example. 

Also she's not gonna build a name if she gets hits in her sophomore era only through SZA, Ariana and Abel but it's streaming era so it's fine. I just don't get the double standards towards Gaga.

• paws up 2

3 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Also she's not gonna build a name if she gets hits in her sophomore era only through SZA,

Are you suggesting that Kiss Me More became a hit because of SZA? Plsssss :enigma:

You keep seeing that double standard towards Gaga because you keep reading OGHs. The same could be said about Ariana, for example, and I haven’t seen people dragging her for it.

Well, this edition of BTW is making it chart high on AM at least:

Apple Music:

#7 Brazil (+34)

#13 Mexico (+60)

#20 Spain (+65)

#39 Turkey (+67)

#42 Indonesia (NE)

#43 Thailand (NE)

#51 Ireland (+95)

#62 United Kingdom (NE)

#62 Italy (NE)

#71 Austria (NE)

#78 Australia (NE)

#156 New Zealand (NE)

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 18,466

Amazon US

CD’s &Vinyl

#106(+189) Chromatica Trifold Vinyl

Pop CD’s &Vinyl

#45 (+112) Chromatica Trifold Vinyl

https://www.amazon.com/Chromatica-LP-Lady-Gaga/dp/B091F3MPMV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lady+gaga+chromatica+vinyl&qid=1624622613&sprefix=lady+gaga&sr=8-2

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,886
2 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Amazon US

CD’s &Vinyl

#106(+189) Chromatica Trifold Vinyl

Pop CD’s &Vinyl

#45 (+112) Chromatica Trifold Vinyl

https://www.amazon.com/Chromatica-LP-Lady-Gaga/dp/B091F3MPMV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lady+gaga+chromatica+vinyl&qid=1624622613&sprefix=lady+gaga&sr=8-2

well let's hope everyone bought it on the store

• paws up 1

8 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Are you suggesting that Kiss Me More became a hit because of SZA? Plsssss :enigma:

It’s probably a combination of both girls but SZA definitely isn’t irrelevant.

Her (excellent) album is still charting on BB200 after 210 weeks and her song was a competition for Shallow at the Oscars back then (plus she has a couple more hits). She’s quite an established name in the R&B/hip-hop scene (at least in the US). 

A Popster Is Born 12,831
28 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

You keep seeing that double standard towards Gaga because you keep reading OGHs. The same could be said about Ariana, for example, and I haven’t seen people dragging her for it.

ariana was skull dragged hard in her debuts, even for like Break Free them adding 'ft Zedd' on to make it into a hit when he didn't sing a single line :dead: Scooter took her on changed her completely, now nearly all her collabs bomb and her solo stuff is in demand

• paws up 2
  • shook 1

25 minutes ago, Delusional said:

This is like saying Nicki Minaj wasn’t a rapper in 2010 because her music sounded pop :dead:

Doja Cat is still a rapper. The instrumental shouldn’t and doesn’t discredit someone’s flow. Therefore a rapper is bound to have singer features, like Abel/Ariana for example, never mind the instrumental I- 

Well I didn’t say she isn’t a rapper nor I was discrediting her flow. I was just talking about her album being released today which sounds pop. It’s not an offense to the artist in question. 

Anyway it’s okay, but hip-hop is now the dominating genre so if anything a 34 years old woman doing dance-pop would be more bound to have younger features than a rapper in her sophomore era. That was my original point. 

• paws up 2