Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 41,934

$500M is not as easy as it sounds for several reasons:

• She might be global but the countries she's big in barely gross anything. She will have to "residencies" in Oceania.
  • Diminishing returns. You can't simply just double the dates and to estimate a double in gross.
    • Scheduled locations are typically low-hanging fruits.
    • Not everyone will come to see the concert twice.
  • For health reasons, she can't do a long tour.

She could of course do a stadium-only tour but she would also miss out on many (low-hanging fruit) places that can't accommodate the huge stage. She's not that huge in the US, which is mainly where stadium-only tours make sense.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 41,934

Essentially, she will have to tour Asia, Oceania, with double legs for North America and Europe to even come close to $500M gross.

• paws up 1

Moderator 24,725
5 minutes ago, BenG said:

Essentially, she will have to tour Asia, Oceania, with double legs for North America and Europe to even come close to $500M gross.

437324-CC-0-BE6-495-A-A5-AE-68-DF1-D4487

• lol 5

With 10 stadium dates in the US and 10-15 in Europe she might already reach a 120M-130M gross. 

If she squeezes in some South American, Australian and Asian dates too (or add more in the US/Europe) she would easily reach $200M with 40 dates which would be perfect.

40 dates spread over let’s say a year would be okay for her health. 

Beyoncé grossed $256M with The Formation World Tour out of 49 stadium dates, I guess Gaga would be capable of doing the same in proportion with less dates. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,934
1 minute ago, Thrasher said:

With 10 stadium dates in the US and 10-15 in Europe she might already reach a 120M-130M gross. 

I think it's not going to be easy to gross $5 million per date for so many dates in Europe. Not everywhere is London/Paris.

1 minute ago, BenG said:

I think it's not going to be easy to gross $5 million per date for so many dates in Europe. Not everywhere is London/Paris.

The most difficult markets for her would be Germany and maybe the Nordics, in the rest of Europe it would be doable to do at least $4,5M per date, but also US dates would be above my supposed $5M average (if she does football stadiums which are bigger and not only baseball ones). 

3 minutes ago, BenG said:

How is Bey so powerful in the US when it comes to touring though :dead:

I think because she first tested the waters touring stadiums with Jay Z and then in 2016 she was also coming off the SB appearance (and announced the tour right after). 

Popster for Sale 41,934
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Having a huge legacy of amazing brilliant performances will do that to a touring career :billiecat:

Hence why Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce etc. always gross MILLIONS

Her average ticket prices look on par with JWT despite much bigger dates :dead:

Did Ga underprice JWT tix or what

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

Her average ticket prices look on par with JWT despite much bigger dates :dead:

Did Ga underprice JWT tix or what

A noncapitalist queen :happydance:

Moderator 17,129
10 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

The most difficult markets for her would be Germany and maybe the Nordics, in the rest of Europe it would be doable to do at least $4,5M per date, but also US dates would be above my supposed $5M average (if she does football stadiums which are bigger and not only baseball ones). 

Germany isn't difficult when Justin Timberlake can fill the Mercedes Benz arena in Berlin with ease. 

Gaga could do Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Munich and if she wanted she would even have good chances in smaller cities like Stuttgart or Leipzig. Her fans here are starved to see here. 

Popster for Sale 41,934
4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

A noncapitalist queen :happydance:

:icant:

Maybe that's why she needs brand deals to recoup the losses

Edited by BenG
  • lol 1

9 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Germany isn't difficult when Justin Timberlake can fill the Mercedes Benz arena in Berlin with ease. 

Gaga could do Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Munich and if she wanted she would even have good chances in smaller cities like Stuttgart or Leipzig. Her fans here are starved to see here. 

But we were talking about stadiums and the possibility of grossing $4,5-5M with a single date 

Popster for Sale 57,447

Australia:

#1(=) SOUR *4 weeks at #1*

#1(=) good 4 u *4 weeks at #1*

#5 déja vu

#7(+1) traitor

#13 drivers licence

#16 favorite crime

#20 happier

#21 brutal

#27 jealousy, jealousy

#28 enough for you

#38 1 step forward, 3 steps back

#48 hope ur ok

Her whole album charting top 50 on her 4th week help :dead:

• paws up 1

5 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I mean, they have Sony backing them. It's very rare that an ESC winner has a major label behind them even before they win. 

I’m not sure about that, the Spanish contestants were all already known/signed to record labels before going to ESC (the great majority) and Idk about previous years but this doesn’t seem to apply to this year’s contestants.

Barbara Pravi - Capitol (2015)

Destiny - Jagged House / Sony Music Sweden

Blas Cantó - Warner Music Group (tho his position and single have done terribly :enigma:)

+ Måneskin

And I’m sure there are a few more… But I don’t have a lot of time :rip:

Edited by Ms I am a local

Pop-a-911-ster 29,881
12 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Chromatica N/A on the Australian Albums Chart :icant:

It's a top 50 but still, hope it'll chart when the actual vinyls will come on the week of the 25th and in July

The yellow vinyl was nowhere to be found in Australia as they had problems with the shipping 

• thanks 1