Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Moderator 17,129
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Let's be honest, nobody expected Chromatica to be another BTW. We should be happy that is has succeeded ARTPOP in terms of commercial success.

• paws up 2

9 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

When was the tour postponement revealed? I can’t remember.

Technically never, did the US citizens actually receive any e-mail? I think only the ones with Paris and London tickets did. 

I think she’ll bring both the remix and tour announcement back when she’s done with the BTW 10th anniversary. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,470
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Let's be honest, nobody expected Chromatica to be another BTW. We should be happy that is has succeeded ARTPOP in terms of commercial success.

Right. I think it also outdid Joanne, no? Or at least will do so when all is said and done?

Moderator 17,129
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Right. I think it also outdid Joanne, no? Or at least will do so when all is said and done?

Joanne never passed ARTPOP, so of course Chromatica did better than Joanne.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,470
5 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Technically never, did the US citizens actually receive any e-mail? I think only the ones with Paris and London tickets did. 

I think she’ll bring both the remix and tour announcement back when she’s done with the BTW 10th anniversary. 

Someone somewhere was saying she’ll announce new dates after HOG, that would make sense actually but who knows? But yes, I think when they will be done with BTW, she will hopefully move on to Chromatica Remix

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,832
2 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

even though im not keen on this CSPS thing stans use it lol:

ARTPOP - 4.2M CSPS
Chromatica - 3.3/4m CSPS (where it'll end up i think)
Joanne - 3.1m CSPS

I think under normal circumstances and SC MV Chromatica would've ended up around ARTPOP #s perhaps, but its expected for ARTPOP to look better with CSPS methodology because it benefits those who had decent pure sales just before streaming era. Also, sales are pandemic'd so thats another cute excuse.

Conclusion? Re-issue Chromatica :billiecat:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,894

It's important to note that Chromatica's circumstances where really exceptional, from the pandemic to the lack of commitment on all ends. It still did better than AP and Joanne which put in perspective isn't that bad I guess.

Then again there's ASIB hype, and there's the fact that it was dance-pop and the discussion is neverending. We should be glad that it didn't flop and that Gaga's career is in such a good position rn.

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,274
5 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Another popstar turned actress? 

New feud incoming 

04682B57-2F4B-44CB-BD78-20B740DEB877.thu

JLo is a dancer who became famous playing Selena in a movie and then released her own music 

• paws up 1