Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

You know i am not the one to defend Taylor but please, we know ML are not a good indicator. Bad Bunnt being the most streamed artist of the year while barely going above the 20s in ML is a good proof of that (he's currently #22)

And some people are there because only a song of them was a global phenomenom. How is that better than a little less people listening to your whole projects

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

You know i am not the one to defend Taylor but please, we know ML are not a good indicator. Bad Bunnt being the most streamed artist of the year while barely going above the 20s in ML is a good proof of that (he's currently #22)

And some people are there because only a song of them was a global phenomenom. How is that better than a little less people listening to your whole projects

I feel like this post is only half complete. Where’te the BB gif?

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,502
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

we know ML are not a good indicator

Yup. It only works if you also have good streams to back it up. What's the point of having huge ML if they only listen to one song once :popcorn:

A Popster Is Born 10,514
39 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

That´s what you get when you´re a global legend. Some small local artists can´t relate.

The fact some small local artists are more talented than 80% of those :bradley:

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,834
3 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Yup. It only works if you also have good streams to back it up. What's the point of having huge ML if they only listen to one song once :popcorn:

LMs are lazy wbk

433784218_deancowboysmugpfp.thumb.gif.76

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,834
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Cant believe yall made me defend the T person :dead:

Her power. She stays winning even when she's losing.

Spoiler

:icant:

Spoiler

:mess:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,834
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

Lazier in 2021--LMs or Bobby?

I'm really curious what has Bobby been up to so far in 2021

Popster for Sale 41,834
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

We got a national anthem performance celebrating the inauguration of a mess! We are so lucky. spacer.png

good morning 162288190430466543-2513359198.png

A Popster Is Born 11,571
9 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Lazier in 2021--LMs or Bobby?

In 2021

Monsters : united to do ARTPOP movement that made Gaga reflect on the album, caused media to appreciate the album, album went #1 on iTunes WW

Except hanging out with Britney bf and dressing up for his bday party 

Bobe : Cumbell

:ohhh:

• paws up 2
  • lol 2

45 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

What's the point of having huge ML if they only listen to one song once :popcorn:

Well, I guess it can work the other way around. What's the point of having huge streams because your fanbase """streams""" your songs over and over again and, therefore, having less ML. Is that real popularity or manipulated? It's not the same level of success a respected legend like Gaga who sparks the interest of the GP (at least in the project's first week nnnn :dead:) and having a catalogue with an appeal to different audiences than some obsessed fans spamming one song and having very big numbers...

Edited by Ms I am a local

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
58 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Well, I guess it can work the other way around. What's the point of having huge streams because your fanbase """streams""" your songs over and over again and, therefore, having less ML. Is that real popularity or manipulated? It's not the same level of success a respected legend like Gaga who sparks the interest of the GP (at least in the project's first week nnnn :dead:) and having a catalogue with an appeal to different audiences than some obsessed fans spamming one song and having very big numbers...

You have a point and what you're saying  definitely applies to Gaga vs certain other artist, but you're ignoring the massive chunk of plays to come from playlisting. Having a little ammount of people playing your songs on loop is definitely not better than the GP being interested (but obviously, less invested than the few superfans) on your music. But when it comes to the artists with the very most monthly listeners, I bet a big part of their ML don't come from locals who like one or two songs by them, play them once a week and have no interest in getting to know their whole catalog, but to people who use premade playlists as background music, press play and leave them playing, without even realising (or even caring) if they are playing X artist or Y artist.

• paws up 2