Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 39,499
5 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

If you want to know, if a singer will stand the test of time, you only have to answer one question.

What is her/his talent?

Sorry, but the moment her massive radio and Spotify push stops, Dua will fade away.

4 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

Madonna was a revolution back in the 80s/90s and extremly controversial. Further, her stage presence and performing skills were way better than Dua´s.

Dua has nothing special and the only thing keeping her relevant is her payola. She has less daily streams than taylor despite 2x the playlist reach.

I throughly enjoy Dua’s music but I do fear this might be true.....I can’t easily picture she being the Katy Perry of this decade. Amazing 5-10 years but I don’t how much Dua can really change and do something different than Dance Pop...I mean Beyoncé and Rihanna can did Hip-Hop, R&B, Dance Pop, even Rap a bit lol....Gaga can do Jazz and through ASIB and Joanne showed her variability and ability to change and adapt...I fear that as much as I love Dua and think her dance pop is incredible. I still do fear that she can’t switch up enough and will ultimately go down the Katy route...

And seriously I know I’ve said this before...she has serious name recognition issues....half of the (not pop music obsessed) people I talk to don’t even know who she is...they may know “New Rules” or “Don’t Start Now” but they don’t know HER. And I think that’s a huge issue, you won’t last long being known as “oh yeah THAT GIRL who sang THAT SONG” it just doesn’t work. Olivia already feels way bigger to me than Dua ever has..and maybe that’s not fair..but idk that’s my opinion 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,455

Imagine thinking Madonna has no talent when she’s literally the blueprint for pop music :mess: Not to mention an exceptionally gifted dancer :oscar:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,850

how is Madonna's dancing exceptional? :billie:

Britney is also the blueprint of manufactured teen pop star so :katy:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Just searched for some "Pride Months Playlists" on Spotify to see where "Born This Way" is placed. Guess which artist has 3 songs in the Top 20.

Pride Party 2021:

#2 Levitating

#9 Physical

#17 Don´t Start Now

#37 Rain On Me

#38 Hallucinate

#56 Born This Way

• sad 3

Popstanne 5,698
29 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Just searched for some "Pride Months Playlists" on Spotify to see where "Born This Way" is placed. Guess which artist has 3 songs in the Top 20.

Well, one of the biggest Pride playlists (Pride Classics) was just updated, BTW is #1 and Gaga is on the cover with her iconic BTW photoshoot. :dragon:

3e42f208e789a97257b6f86c89436a59909019b0 

Dua is there too though, with LeviTTHating. :rip: what a f-ing joke. 

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

Moderator 17,129
58 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

BTW is too low :lesson:

Dua is kinda the new Queen of the gay demog tho so

If that's the case, I revoke my membership in this "gay" community :katy:

• paws up 1
  • lol 5

ARTPOPster 1,241
2 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

Britney is also the blueprint of manufactured teen pop star so :katy:

this will only say person who didn't see any of her concerts

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
3 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

Just watch her lives of Hung Up on YouTube you’ll change your mind :rip:

she was almost 50 :rip:

The Fame Popster 436
1 hour ago, Artur said:

Well, one of the biggest Pride playlists (Pride Classics) was just updated, BTW is #1 and Gaga is on the cover with her iconic BTW photoshoot. :dragon:

3e42f208e789a97257b6f86c89436a59909019b0 

Dua is there too though, with LeviTTHating. :rip: what a f-ing joke. 

Payola knows no boundaries

Edited by lunnuyu