Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

The Fame Popster 313
1 hour ago, Gagacharts said:

If you want to know, if a singer will stand the test of time, you only have to answer one question.

What is her/his talent?

Sorry, but the moment her massive radio and Spotify push stops, Dua will fade away.

Yup! Artists who don’t have actual talent to back up their meteoric rise and the push offered from label support fade away. Katy is a prime example, she became a caricature of the many things she kept trying to throw to the wall, in hopes one of them would stick, alienated the GP, and is now in this flatlined career. 

The Fame Popster 313
1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

Well Dua's music is actually good, so if she keeps that up she'll be fine 

Yea & so was Teenage Dream/Prism era Katy, that’s because they’ve got hit making producers. Katy had Dr. Luke. and Dua has Ian Kirkpatrick.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
24 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Coachella is coming back. Imagine them announcing the lineup with Gaga in it. A dream.

she was supposed to be unannounced surprise last year, so even if she does it idk if she would be announced

Pop-a-911-ster 31,810

the stage presence :giveup: no wonder why she became a legend in no time :giveup:

also the MV of Poker God about to reach 870M views :giveup:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
3 minutes ago, ReadyGaga said:

I argued with a katycats. He said Electric is better than any Chromatica song and that with the promotion coming next week (...) it will be bigger than Shallow:bradley:

that's some serious delusion...:fall:

i wonder if that person legitimately believes that, and if they do you really have to wonder what kind of person they are :fall:

A Popster Is Born 11,830
28 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Yup! Artists who don’t have actual talent to back up their meteoric rise and the push offered from label support fade away. Katy is a prime example, she became a caricature of the many things she kept trying to throw to the wall, in hopes one of them would stick, alienated the GP, and is now in this flatlined career. 

What about Christina Aguilera? She is super talented but her career is as alive as Chromatica era

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,204
17 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Yea & so was Teenage Dream/Prism era Katy, that’s because they’ve got hit making producers. Katy had Dr. Luke. and Dua has Ian Kirkpatrick.

Plss Katy's singles are all basic and the album tracks are often straight up trash...

There's a reason why she never won a Grammy, her success would get her in the categories but once the actual music experts voted they never saw anything special in it, her albums all have a Metascore in the 50's bar PRISM with a... 61

Both of Dua's albums are cohesive and original in their sound and the critics have agreed given her 3 Grammys and universal acclaim

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 436
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

What about Christina Aguilera? She is super talented but her career is as alive as Chromatica era

more than 50% of her discography is hot garbage :toofunny: a great voice wasted on trash music

Popster to Popster 2,922
8 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

è una seria illusione...:autunno:

mi chiedo se quella persona lo creda legittimamente, e se lo fa davvero devi chiederti che tipo di persona sia :autunno:

I think it's just attention seeking. The katycats are desperate and try in every way to make believe that their favorite is a success. Maybe Taylor with Bad Blood TV ft Katy Perry will give her one...

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,131
4 minutes ago, lunnuyu said:

more than 50% of her discography is hot garbage :toofunny: a great voice wasted on trash music

and a trash record company as RCA

Popster to Popster 4,420
3 minutes ago, ReadyGaga said:

I think it's just attention seeking. The katycats are desperate and try in every way to make believe that their favorite is a success. Maybe Taylor with Bad Blood TV ft Katy Perry will give her one...

even then, everything from Taylor's rereleases are gonna be incredibly front-loaded, so the chance that a song re-becomes a hit like BB is super small

Spoiler

also why was my post in you quote in a different language :icant:

• shook 1

The Fame Popster 436
42 minutes ago, emig_09 said:

and a trash record company as RCA

no wonder Normani will never release ha' new stuff

just remembered she's signed with them :toofunny: rip her debut

• sad 1

The Fame Popster 436
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Lmfao I can’t believe all the 5H girls signed with such awful labels :toofunny:

I’m also not over how bad that group actually was. :toofunny:  The dancing, vocals, chemistry, performances, videos, songs were all not my cup of tea. It just didn’t click no matter how hard they were pushed.

the way Camila is the only winner out of that mess of a group :toofunny: 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,131
8 minutes ago, Delusional said:

and even then that masterpiece of an album Romance underperformed due to that awful rollout. She needs a hit droplet and SOON.

at least she won't ever be considered as a one hit wonder since she has Havanna + Señorita :prideheart:

• paws up 1