Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,813
5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

the kid mero tea GIF by Desus & Mero

I think most people agree with this. Doesn't mean we have to like the new track, I'm sure everyone will like at least one of the reimagined tracks, so it doesn't really matter. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 18,429
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I think most people agree with this. Doesn't mean we have to like the new track, I'm sure everyone will like at least one of the reimagined tracks, so it doesn't really matter. 

Yes but the tweet means just that, it doesn’t really matter if we like the new track or not. That’s the tea.

• paws up 3

Moderator 8,081
12 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

I was at the beach last Monday and it's snowing in Toronto now

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by LydGiggs

Maybe Gaga should have made the song more versitile for any kind of weather. Its not really equality if its just rain. ;)

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
1 hour ago, lunnuyu said:

Don’t be naive :toofunny:  otherwise they wouldn’t have bothered with it if they wouldn’t have seen some opportunity to capitalize on it

I mean, if the 2011 Gaga would have done this, I would believe it, but with the current one… pls :rip: 

If they REALLY cared about charts and money and stuff like this then they would have done so much more about it than what they did. This reimagined project benefits the LGBTQIA+ artists much more than her....

• paws up 4

For the record: Taylor hasn't had a Multiplatinum album in the UK since 1989. Ariana has never got one. Beyoncé last one was Self Titled (Lemonade is only Platinum). I think the only female artist going 2xPlatinum with a recent release is Billie. 

ASIB doing that is really HUGE for current UK standards :oscar:

• paws up 7
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,813
6 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

For the record: Taylor hasn't had a Multiplatinum album in the UK since 1989. Ariana has never got one. Beyoncé last one was Self Titled (Lemonade is only Platinum). I think the only female artist going 2xPlatinum with a recent release is Billie. 

ASIB doing that is really HUGE for current UK standards :oscar:

And she could've got another one if C had big promo + more singles since ROM smashed and SL did pretty well.

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 691
1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

And she could've got another one if C had big promo + more singles since ROM smashed and SL did pretty well.

Honestly, no. Chromatica would have gone 1X Plat, which would have been huge to achieve. 2X Plat is for phenomenon albums nowadays in the UK, it's just so hard to accumulate units when the top 2 tracks are removed weekly.

ASIB's success is just absolutely massive, despite them not milking the era and pushing another single!

• paws up 4

6 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Mmh Joanne had no successful singles in the UK and debuted with 26k (vs 53k for C) yet it's still above Chromatica in units :katy_pie:

But with promo and more singles it could have gone Platinum with ease at least. Now it'll be another struggle. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
The only female musicians with a multi platinum album in the UK since 2015.

Adele (25) - 12x Platinum
Jess Glynne (I Cry When I Laugh) - 4x Platinum
Little Mix (Get Wird, Glory Days) - 3x Platinum
Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born) - 2x Platinum
Dua Lipa (Dua Lipa) - 2x Platinum
Billie Eilish (WWAFA,WDWG) - 2x Platinum

Billie and Gaga beeing the only ones not from the UK.

Please let me know, if I forgot someone!
Edited by Gagacharts
  • paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 691

Ireland  Singles Chart:

1 (1) GOOD 4 U OLIVIA RODRIGO

2 (7) DEJA VU OLIVIA RODRIGO

3 (NE) TRAITOR OLIVIA RODRIGO

Ireland Albums Chart:

1 (NE) SOUR  OLIVIA RODRIGO

I'd expect big things from the UK too...