PA911 Trio: Season 2 (FINALE)

Games pinned featured

PETTY

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, SLAG said:

Fair enough, though try to ignore the noise from the sidelines and don't let anyone influence your song choices. Unless of course if it involves some form of quid pro quo with one of the judges to better your chance of winning. :enigma:

I don't listen to the peanuts, don't worry. But I'm guessing the chatter on the sidelines probably does impact some players' & voters' choices... I'm guessing we would've seen more Paramore, MCR, Linkin Park, etc. otherwise. 

I don't mind the peanuts though. I smash them into peanut butter. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, SLAG said:

@lavenderblondee @Joannesrats You both seemed very excited for the theme for this round. What are your opinions on the submissions this round and are you confident in your trios?

OFyu.gif

It's hard to say, this is such a broad genre that really has a lot of variants in it and a lot of different interpretations. There were definitely some songs here that I wouldn't have touched with a ten-foot pole even if the challenge was "pop songs that people think are emo/punk," but you know, whatever the judges and voters think is best!

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,889
Just now, SLAG said:

@lavenderblondee @Joannesrats You both seemed very excited for the theme for this round. What are your opinions on the submissions this round and are you confident in your trios?

OFyu.gif

I'm glad you asked @SLAG

tenor.gif

I'm personally shocked. Emo means something different to everyone though. I myself have two different thoughts in my head. You have your sad songs but then you have your full on Myspace Era Emo songs. I feel like we did not get many Myspace Era Black Eyeliner side swept hair songs like we should have. But I myself only put one in my trio so I'm not judging

tenor.gif

Every trio has at least one great song though, I will say that. 

tenor.gif

I'm not confident but I think I deserve to stay in the game but only time will tell.

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 5

Popstanne 5,076

Confession time: There is a very likely chance Franch will be packing her bags this round, and it will be deserved. Paramore's basically the only "emo" band that I was ever into. If I would've been more of an emo, maybe I would be better at applying my Haus Labs eyeliner. :icant:

But that's okay, because I'll console myself with @little legend's latest production and still come back to vote. :tea:

• shook 1
  • hugs 5
  • lol 1

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

Confession time: There is a very likely chance Franch will be packing her bags this round, and it will be deserved. Paramore's basically the only "emo" band that I was ever into. If I would've been more of an emo, maybe I would be better at applying my Haus Labs eyeliner. :icant:

But that's okay, because I'll console myself with @little legend's latest production and still come back to vote. :tea:

Two of the trios that had a Paramore song have a very beloved Paramore song, don't count yourself out yet dear

Popstanne 5,076
2 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Two of the trios that had a Paramore song have a very beloved Paramore song, don't count yourself out yet dear

Who said they're my trios? :tea:

Gaming Leader 6,420

There was a small mess up on one of the songs. If you’re concerned that the change may have changed your mind, please view the survey in incognito mode and double check. If the change made you change your decision, PM me and let me know the trio you wish to vote for instead. This has never happened! :darkmode:

• shook 4

Popster to Popster 3,689

I don't know @Franch Toast, I think you have competition. I dropped the ball on this one and am ready to book my flight :bradley: I was in a constant tug-o-war between full on emo and pop punk and don't think I really captured either well. 

• hugs 2

Popstanne 5,076
8 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

I don't know @Franch Toast, I think you have competition. I dropped the ball on this one and am ready to book my flight :bradley: I was in a constant tug-o-war between full on emo and pop punk and don't think I really captured either well. 

Well, in my case, I'm not familiar with most of the material to begin with, and while I did a lot of research, instead of going with Google answers, I still went with my gut and tried to be creative, which means I captured a whole lot of mess. I'm not going to get the nostalgia votes or the judges' votes for informed creativity. 

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• hugs 1

Popstanne 7,593

Honestly I still don't get the difference between emo and punk rock/alternative rock

I think some Evanescence and Linkin Park songs are great submissions for this round.

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Deactivated 14,311
31 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Honestly I still don't get the difference between emo and punk rock/alternative rock

I think some Evanescence and Linkin Park songs are great submissions for this round.

I’ll settle with Evanescence but as soon as Linkin Park was used in Transformers Movies that was it.

Deactivated 14,311
13 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

I almost did, had like 5 paramore songs shortlisted

this is for sure my fave off Brand New Eyes

It is a great song. And album tbh.

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I hope the judges @PETTY @SLAG @Lorde Von Kok picks me over payola @Bakugo

Time to take the trash OUT!

spacer.png

The level of hatred you give me. Are you intrigued bro? Wanna have ya first experience with a white aussie or something?? Settle down sisbro!

• lol 3