PA911 Trio: Season 2 (FINALE)

Games pinned featured

PETTY

Moderator 24,281
4 hours ago, Bakugo said:

Comments from the out contestants sidelines is like a dad throwing his advice to his son during a sports game. You ain’t the coach. :icant:

The way this brought so many unwanted memories chile :icant:

spacer.png

• shook 1
  • hugs 2

Moderator 17,119

I'm sorry, but if a trio has a song or several songs that charted in the US I can't vote for them, no matter how good :gaga-scream:

I thought this was supposed to show the diversity of international music, so everybody should've searched for really local acts :shakes:

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

I'm sorry, but if a trio has a song or several songs that charted in the US I can't vote for them, no matter how good :gaga-scream:

I thought this was supposed to show the diversity of international music, so everybody should've searched for really local acts :shakes:

Looking at the user who thought “ Lorde and Amy” was appropriate :icant:

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

I'm severly mad at one of the users because my favorite from your trio isn't available on Spotify Canada. :bradley:

All of us checking to see whether our songs are available on Spotify Canada. :icant:

• lol 3

The Fame Popster 475

Such a great theme and so happy to see many great trios with new songs to listen to! Probably my favorite round so far :oscar:

18 hours ago, SLAG said:

TAKE MY VOTE!

giphy.gif

I’ll take it

spacer.png

no need to offer twice 

spacer.png

• lol 5

Community Leader 2,817

I am confused why everyone is wanting unknown, unfamiliar artists when the challenge called for international artists in general, not only ones without a US hit or something...an unknown artist can't get a world tour, after all:enigma:

I would just like some more specificity than "most voters won't necessarily know your song," that leaves a lot of wiggle room and ambiguity, imo:katy:

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 6,420

season-2-4.png

Welcome to The Challenge 10 results! There were some amazing trios this round. Because of the high amount of talent displayed, not all trios got the recognition they  may have deserved. It was a tough decision for some voters this round, leaving us with some interesting results.

This challenge will have a VOTE OFF. 4 of the bottom trios will enter a 12 hour vote-off voting period. Because of the high amount of bottom trios, there is a possibility that multiple contestants could leave the competition.

*The winner of Challenge 10 will go to the person who received the highest amount of votes out of everyone in the challenge. The winner will receive immunity on Challenge 11.

THE WINNER OF CHALLENGE 10: WORLD TOUR WITH 31% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Franch Toast

• Lexie Liu - 有吗炒面 ALGTR (China) 
• The Blue Hearts - Linda Linda (Japan) 
• ITZY - 달라달라DALLA DALLA (South Korea)

*JUDGES PICK*

@PETTY chose this trio and added 5 points to its votes!

@Lorde Von Kok chose this trio and added 2.5 points to its votes!

For the first time in Trio history, a judge fought to split up their 5 points between two of the trios they refused to choose between. Lorde Von Kok has split is 5 points between Franch Toast's trio and another contestants...

Lorde Von Kok said, "Considering the extreme taste showcased, I have to go with my heart and choose two Trios. This exception was meet with a lot of critism from the iconic Horrid-Host nominate PETTY, but I fought hard. I was shooketh from both Asian-countries-based presentations. They brought me variety and total talent. I'm still f-ing upset that the Linda Linda song from the Blue Hearts isn't available on Spotify Canada and I might have to sue the Prime Minister of Japan."

PETTY said, "ALGTR immediately drew me into this trio when I first began to listen. I'm now a cerified Lexie Liu stan and I'm ashamed that I have never listened to her. This song is just so good. Then you hit me with Linda Linda which was very unexpected when I read the country. An earworm, and a surprise. Then, you finished the trio off with one of my favorite KPOP songs by one of my favorite underrated KPOP groups. To me, this trio was untouchable this round."

Congrats on your THIRD win Franch Toast, you've been granted immunity for Challenge 11!

SECOND PLACE WITH 26% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Sir.Sim

• Nathy Peluso: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 36 (Argentina)
• Aya Nakamura - Djadja (France)
• EXID - DDD (South Korea)

*JUDGES PICK*

@SLAG chose this trio and added 5 points to its vote

SLAG said, "While I was listening to all the trios this was the main one that stood out to me and it's my favorite trio of all the rounds so far. The Nathy Peluso song is so interesting and I love that you went with a Spanish rap song. There's only one Kpop group that I listened to before they disbanded and the EXID song reminded me of their sound and the song itself is SO good! Djadja is iconic but we already knew that. I kinda wish you used "Pookie" instead just because I feel like it'd work so well with your other two songs sound-wise but nevertheless, this was a brilliant trio. Thanks for introducing us to these artists! I'll be checking out their discographies."

THIRD PLACE WITH 13% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Gypsy Life

• Mariya Takeuchi - Plastic Love (Japan)
• Jeff Satur - Comedy (Tragedy Version) (Thailand)
• Hajin - We All Lie (South Korea)

*JUDGES PICK*

@Lorde Von Kok chose this trio and added 2.5 points to its votes!

For the first time in Trio history, a judge fought to split up their 5 points between two of the trios they refused to choose between. Lorde Von Kok has split is 5 points between Franch Toast's trio and Gypsy Life's.

Lorde Von Kok said, "Considering the extreme taste showcased, I have to go with my heart and choose two Trios. This exception was meet with a lot of critism from the iconic Horrid-Host nominate PETTY, but I fought hard. I was shooketh from both Asian-countries-based presentations. They brought me variety and total talent."

SAFE WITH 11% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Bakugo

• Arca/ROSALÍA, KLK (Venezuela/Spain)
• Christine and The Queens - Je Disparais Dans Tes Bras (France)
• SONIKKU/Liz - Sweat (England)

SAFE WITH 7% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Twitter

• Astrid S - 2AM (Norway)
• Loreen - Euphoria (Sweden)
• Nina Nesbitt - Loyal To Me? (Scotland)

SAFE WITH 4% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@little legend

• Indila- Dernière Danse (France)
• Il Volo- Grande Amore (Italy)
• Nikos Vertis - Thelw Na Me Niwseis (Greece)

@JennyWayne  *IMMUNE*

• Go_A - SHUM (Ukraine)
• Fulminacci - Canguro (Italy)
• Dotter - Bulletproof (Sweden)

@ShesAMess

• Rina Sawayama - F*ck This World (England)
• Yuna - Forevermore (Malaysia)
• Aya Nakamura - Pookie (France)

THE BOTTOM 4 WITH 0% OF VOTES:

spacer.pnghttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q8G97V9

VOTE-OFF CONTESTANTS CAN VOTE FOR THEMSELVES

VOTE NOW UNTIL 6/7 9AM EST

@Franch Toast @Bakugo @nynj nights @Sir.Sim @NotDoctor @Gypsy Life @admin @Joannesrats @Twitter @Delusional @ice bear @corvus albus @ShesAMess @Dirkje @danwasd @JennyWayne @donatellab @little legend @chailatte @lavenderblondee @CokeDestroyer @Franz Ferdinand @SLAG @Lorde Von Kok

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Gaming Leader 8,440

Alright, let me say this.

tenor.gif?itemid=10948371

I have seen many Trios in my life, but two of them made my wig flew back to where I bought it on Wish.

tenor.gif

@Franch Toast Linda Linda played on repeat in my home today and probably will for the rest of my life. 

@Gypsy Life I knew you went bold and took risks, but I was gagged by the Comedy + Plastic Love submission. 

tenor.gif

I recognize taste when I see it.

tenor.gif

Now for those in the bottom, chileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

tenor.gif

• yaas, gaga 3

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Twitter said:

Congrats @Franch Toast you really deserved it especially picking ITZY! :crowned:

Also @Bakugo slipped outta Top 2, surprised?

spacer.png

And where are you? below me. Settle in your nest birdie! We in for the long ride!

• shook 1

Deactivated 14,311
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

But I still charted with 2 #1s and 4 Top 3s. What’s Australia doing?

spacer.png

Biding our time! 

• lol 1

Popstanne 5,076

Wah, I'm so surprised, but I'm happy! :kiss:

@Lorde Von Kok, Linda Linda is one of my favorites. I was introduced to the song years ago, and as a fan of punk and ska, I return to it time and again. I was recently reminded of it because a kick-a** Asian and Latinx teenage girl band, The Linda Lindas, gained internet fame thanks to their song You Racist Sexist Boy –- they took their band name from the song and a movie in which the song was featured. I'm sorry it's not available on Spotify Canada, however. I recommend checking out the lyrics, which are hilarious ("like a rat, I want to be beautiful"...) 

And @PETTY, I'm now a certified Lexie Liu stan as well. I hadn't actually heard of her before. I was listening to a different Chinese singer (a rapper named VaVa) on YouTube, and Lexie came up in the recs, so I listened and was wowed. 

And that ITZY song is one of my favorites. They play it sometimes in my fitness class, and it's so fun to work out to, plus I love that its message is celebrating being different. :bunny:

Also, @Gypsy Life, you served with your trio, which got my vote. 

Good luck to the four in the vote-off! :prideheart:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 3,689

Well not surprised I'm in the bottom this round :awkney: I sadly don't listen to many international artists so I struggled here, and I'll most likely be saying sayonara. But congrats to the winners and those who are safe! Thanks for expanding my music taste beyond my comfort zone too, and good luck to my fellow vote-off contestants  :gaga-thanks:

• hugs 3

Deactivated 14,311