Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

ARTPOPster 1,238
5 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Yeah but the Grammys sure love her. 7 wins in 2 years is impressive for a new artist

would you give two awards for AOTY to same artist, with same music in both album

A Popster Is Born 11,830
1 minute ago, Nemanja said:

would you give two awards for AOTY to same artist, with same music in both album

Not me, she bores me. But Grammys might :dean_scream:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Bullet Train, mark my words.

It was filmed late last year when everybody thought she would be planning a Sour Candy mv. 

Imagine the serve :bradley:

Inb4 haters say she is playing as herself just cuz of the hair color

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 428
2 hours ago, DonnieDarko said:

There’s also Canada and they’re not doing thay great tbh vaccine wise.

yes, I think Toronto is very very unlikely to happen. Right now in the province we're still under a strict stay at home order, can't meet with others (even outside), can't eat at restaurants (even outside), not supposed to leave your house really. So to go from this to 'okay 40k of you are allowed together in a stadium' in 3 months time? I just can't see it :bradley:

Whether they'll go ahead with 4/6 shows (assuming Paris also doesn't happen) is the big question! 

• hugs 2

Moderator 7,847

The BRITS start in 2 hours!

If you are interested here is a youtube link to the stream:

Moderator 17,115
28 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Ava Max fans must be mistaking the single artwork for a line of coke because that’s what they gotta be on to believe this sh!t :laughga:

Sadly, Atlantic encourages that with them saying that the song has over 800M streams WW :katy:

Popster for Sale 41,791
30 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Nnnnn was just watching BBC news and they dead a** interviewed Dua lipa and showed a clip of Physical MV 

Payola? 

spacer.png

Hide contents

Low-key hope it means Physical is being performed 

spacer.png

More like a medley including Levitating and uploaded to YouTube right away for extra points so that it goes #1 in the US.

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
2 hours ago, Nemanja said:

Agreed. Also, these are my exact thoughts on miss Taylor’s most recent releases lol

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 333
2 hours ago, Doncho said:

Are we expecting Billie Eilish to win BIG at the next Grammys? I think she might take AOTY and ROTY again, as well as some pop categories. I swear if she catches up to Gaga in terms of wins... :katy:

Others are underestimating Billie’s influence within NARAS. I don’t disagree none of the singles from BE2 should be competitive / indicate a project deserving AOTY, etc., but her record - and maybe more importantly, her brother's - shows the support will be there.

Yes, one would expect an artist to lose support if they don’t evolve, but one also wouldn’t expect a brand new artist, whose album (until then) had 1 top 10 hit, to be awarded 5 Grammys (incl all 4 GF).

Billie’s debut wasn’t undeniable outside “bad guy.” ROTY+BNA (Ari taking BPVA, Lizzo SOTY, etc.) would’ve been great recognition; a sweep is something typically reserved for sophomore (+) Pop projects (Adele, Bruno).

The fact that, in a year where other huge names were passed in order to have a more diverse lineup, she was 3/3 in terms of nominations for a leftover single that peaked at #8 was crazy... that it WON ROTY over the likes of DSN, Savage, and more shows she shouldn’t be underestimated. She’s already collected 3 top 10s this era, so a nom/win would already look more deserving. 

• paws up 1