Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 44,627
Just now, Replay said:

Gaga's and Ariana's official Japanese accounts tweeted some meme with chromatica cover and announced sumtn is coming at 7am Japanese time

Oh no I get that I just don't know what's coming at 7am time and some people here seem to know 

A Popster Is Born 16,279
Just now, ChromaticaOreos said:

Oh no I get that I just don't know what's coming at 7am time and some people here seem to know 

I don't think anyone knows

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,627

I'm pretty sure tomorrow we'll get some sort of video teaser for the DPXNK collab so we'll have some idea of what it'll consist of, so that's great. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst tbh.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,627

there is something about the atmosphere of this scene + this song that is so ethereal and romantic to me, I really don't understand why it was taken out of the movie 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,180
1 minute ago, Ms I am a local said:

Stable: -40k streams compared to yesterday’s update :stable:

It went back to #1 in France after falling to  #2 on Friday

Honestly I'm surprised he's smashing like that here, compared to for example Germany that's way more receptive to English music and it's #5 there

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,627
5 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Stable: -40k streams compared to yesterday’s update :stable:

I hope he gets that global spotify n.1 eventually

but Peaches is tough competition for sure

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

It went back to #1 in France after falling to  #2 on Friday

Honestly I'm surprised he's smashing like that here, compared to for example Germany that's way more receptive to English music and it's #5 there

And it’s even more impressive when you realize that Holiday, the first single of his next album, was kind of a flop in both the US and WW. These are numbers that Ari or someone with huge streaming power could pull... 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,627
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

And it’s even more impressive when you realize that Holiday, the first single of his next album, was kind of a flop in both the US and WW. These are numbers that Ari or someone with huge streaming power could pull... 

He recently said in an interview that it's not going to be included on his next album, I think it was more of an attempt at a Christmas hit song/ reintroduction

It still is going to easily end up with 300-400M streams on Spotify so I wouldn't consider it a flop, it was also certified Platinum in the US. 

1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

He recently said in an interview that it's not going to be included on his next album, I think it was more of an attempt at a Christmas hit song/ reintroduction

It still is going to easily end up with 300-400M streams on Spotify so I wouldn't consider it a flop, it was also certified Platinum in the US. 

Oh really? I thought it was going to be included since he has an IG story with album snippets and Holiday is included there... Well, I’m not too mad about it not being there since I don’t really like the song :ohyes:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,627
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

Oh really? I thought it was going to be included since he has an IG story with album snippets and Holiday is included there... Well, I’m not too mad about it not being there since I don’t really like the song :ohyes:

Maybe they changed their mind because it wasn't enough of a hit tbh, but yeah

CMBYN is the best possible scenario they could dream of, they must be stressing about how the keep the momentum for the second single... I personally think it's gonna be a collab with Nicki

• paws up 1
  • sad 2

A Popster Is Born 11,532
27 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

there is something about the atmosphere of this scene + this song that is so ethereal and romantic to me, I really don't understand why it was taken out of the movie 

Still mad about it. This snippet is literally pure gold :giveup:

• paws up 4

Popster for Sale 44,627

WW Spotify 03/02/2021

92    Shallow by Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper    1,017,628

146    Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga    819,840

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 6

8 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I personally think it's gonna be a collab with Nicki

I REALLY hope not :dead:

N-E-UONAA but her. Yeah, I think they will release a collab as a second single. Doja Cat would be a nice feature if he did something slower/R&B-ish or Bad Bunny. Or maybe Megan Thee Stallion, she is quite viral on TikTok from time to time, that would guarantee a smash... It was also rumored that Iggy Azalea collabed with him on his album I believe...

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 1

Moderator 24,149
23 hours ago, Sir.Sim said:

Spotify uk

#101(+2) rain on me (80,985)

#153(-7) shallow (66,513)

Spotify uk

#103(-2) rain on me (75,040)

#144(+9) shallow (64,618)

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,627

11 (-3)    deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo    2,974,681 (-365k)

35 (-11)  Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande) by Demi Lovato    1,756,202 (-400k) :rip:

• paws up 2