Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Kindness Admin 7,546
4 hours ago, Delusional said:

POPa911 needs a tik tok account where @admin does dances to gaga’s flops to make them blow up and improve recurrent streams 

The speed in which you would all run for the hills. @Miaou can  serve us some serious bops tho.

• lol 2

2 hours ago, artgagapop said:

There are quite many recent examples of post album singles good though, so it's still doable even in the streaming era. Watermelon sugar, Golden, Levitating, Save your years, Streets etc

Yeah... The post album singles excuse is not valid anymore. It's just about PUSHING the song which is something her team has been failing to do so even with her first singles after the ARTPOP era. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

Yeah... The post album singles excuse is not valid anymore. It's just about PUSHING the song which is something her team has been failing to do so even with her first singles after the ARTPOP era. 

Those are not really valid tho.

Watermelon Sugar got viral on TikTok and they took advantage of it.

Levitating needed a remix with a relevant artist for it to have some US success and it had WW success because it’s Dua Lipa and she’s at her peak + radio support.

SYT needed a MV + YT + radio support

Streets became viral on TikTok, same with Like That and Say So.

Golden needed a MV + radio support.

Gaga will never have the radio support these artists had with these singles ever again.

And all of this artists have a huge streaming power because they grew up in the streaming era unlike Gaga. So I don’t think it’s a good comparison. Yes, I wish she got as much radio airplay in all the parts of the world, but she won’t anymore, sadly.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,625
9 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Levitating needed a remix with a relevant artist for it to have some US success and it had WW success because it’s Dua Lipa and she’s at her peak + radio support.

Gaga will never have the radio support these artists had with these singles ever again.

And all of this artists have a huge streaming power because they grew up in the streaming era unlike Gaga. So I don’t think it’s a good comparison. Yes, I wish she got as much radio airplay in all the parts of the world, but she won’t anymore, sadly.

Im not even a blink but SC definitely would at least be 300m now if it were released as a single with MV

dean winchester spn GIF

Edited by DeanClownchester
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
11 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

SYT was also flopping until viral video and superbowl hype. And Golden isn't really a hit. So basicially you need song to become viral or remix it. You can't affect vrialness, and remixes all the time can be seen as desperate for established artist. 

But yeah also point about radio support u made. It applies to playlisting too. Radio and spotify are both more likely to spin or playlist song by new trendy artist of the moment than artists in their 30s, especially if they are female. But monsters think it's as simple as sending cheques to play her. 

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,337
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

Im not even a blink but SC definitely would at least be 300m now if it were released as a single with MV

dean winchester spn GIF

It didn't need to be a single to do that. MV would be enough. None of blackpink singles make any noise on radio yet they have billion streams

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,625
5 minutes ago, Replay said:

It didn't need to be a single to do that. MV would be enough. None of blackpink singles make any noise on radio yet they have billion streams

True but my point is there definitely was some push that could still have been done to help Chromatica

A Popster Is Born 16,337
2 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

True but my point is there definitely was some push that could still have been done to help Chromatica

True but I think we should look at this era as exception. I'm sure in different conditions era would have rolled out differently. And I think that's ultimately her choice. I mean it might make no sense to us why she would abandon it, but we don't know everything and even if we did it's not like she can't do something we think is unreasonable. 

19 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

And all of them you've mentioned, had massive push on playlists and radio payola... So she CAN have them, playlisting and radio are the most important cards a label can use to push a single and that's been pretty clear lately. And specially when it comes to an A List artist like Gaga. ROM leaving BBH100 after 20 weeks was a total joke. Her label literally stopped pushing the song everywhere while Scooter's clients (except for demi :rip:) get them every single time

If ROM and Shallow didn’t become radio hits (one because of success and the other for being a radio pop formula track), nothing by Gaga will at this point. Unless she does something ala The Cure: a track that follows the trends (a hip hop/trap/r&b song) (EDIT: a hit that becomes viral and appeals to a young audience).

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
1 minute ago, Ms I am a local said:

If ROM and Shallow didn’t become radio hits (one because of success and the other for being a radio pop formula track), nothing by Gaga will at this point. Unless she does something ala The Cure: a track that follows the trends (a hip hop/trap/r&b song).

I don't think even that would help. The best bet would be snatching viral hit that radio wouldn't be able to ignore. I mean if ariana feature couldn't help her with radio ageism idk what else can. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 979
5 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

If ROM and Shallow didn’t become radio hits (one because of success and the other for being a radio pop formula track), nothing by Gaga will at this point. Unless she does something ala The Cure: a track that follows the trends (a hip hop/trap/r&b song).

She's 35, at this point nothing will make radio play her music, not even a viral song. Ageism is very real and still solid in the industry, and now that Gaga is 5 years away from turning 40, they won't play her anymore. But looking at the bright side, she won't have to make pop music fitting for radio anymore, she can go beyond now and explore all of her limits. 

• paws up 3

Still hoping Gaga and BP somehow does a video for SC when Gaga is done filming. Even though the era is long dead a SC video would still pull several hundred million views in a short time. It would be such a waste to have the biggest yt force on your album and not make a video with them :crying:

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 471
1 hour ago, CHROMATICON said:

She's 35, at this point nothing will make radio play her music, not even a viral song. Ageism is very real and still solid in the industry, and now that Gaga is 5 years away from turning 40, they won't play her anymore. But looking at the bright side, she won't have to make pop music fitting for radio anymore, she can go beyond now and explore all of her limits. 

I still think you need to pay for radio to play your song or have the connections to do so. Just like Scooter's clients.

Given the Gaga we know, she/ Interscope rather not play into the trickery of the industry. And they probably don't give a sh!t.  So, that's why we always feel like they're a joke or don't care. 

Edited by gagaxuan

A Popster Is Born 14,850

Even if we remove radio’s ageism, they would not touch SC even with a stick as long as it has a non-english part :katy:

• thanks 1

1 hour ago, danwasd said:

Even if we remove radio’s ageism, they would not touch SC even with a stick as long as it has a non-english part :katy:

SC was a song that didn't even need radio to smash so it wouldn't have mattered anyways. Just a MV, maybe a performance and some streaming playlisting and they would had atleast a ROM sized hit on streaming (bigger on yt then ROM, maybe a bit less on spotify) 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1