Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Moderator 3,690

It will be interesting to see how the Grammy's will treat miss Olivia. Looking at her current performance, she should definitely get a BNA nod and DL deserves SOTY/ROTY/Pop solo noms, but looking at how Grammy's have treated acts affiliated with Disney in the past, I'm a little reserved. Hopefully her being singed with Geffen/Interscope and not with Hollywood Records helps with that. 

• paws up 3

Moderator 17,118
2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

It will be interesting to see how the Grammy's will treat miss Olivia. Looking at her current performance, she should definitely get a BNA nod and DL deserves SOTY/ROTY/Pop solo noms, but looking at how Grammy's have treated acts affiliated with Disney in the past, I'm a little reserved. Hopefully her being singed with Geffen/Interscope and not with Hollywood Records helps with that. 

I'd say she's going down the Avril Lavigne road for the Grammys, she's too young and the Grammys are not her demographic. Avril had 8 nominations all between 2003-2004 with two SOTY noms and she won nothing.

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,118
Just now, Delusional said:

Not when since Avril - Lorde, Billie and Taylor have all won general field awards while in their teenage years :fall:

Lorde and Billie cater to music critics, unlike Olivia and Taylor only  won with her second album when she already was 20. In her debut she only had a BNA nom and nothing else.

Olivia will get noms but win nothing considering the Grammys history

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
Just now, corvus albus said:

Lorde and Billie cater to music critics, unlike Olivia and Taylor only  won with her second album when she already was 20. In her debut she only had a BNA nom and nothing else.

Olivia will get noms but win nothing considering the Grammys history

Taylor was 18 when Fearless came out and Olivia will be 18 when Sour comes out. I don't think that Olivia is too young, considering how they loved Billie (even though her album was influenced a lot by the alternative scene which the critics lapped up).

I'd say that Olivia's chances will be determined by the reception to her album. If the album gets good reviews (75+ on Metacritic) then she will have the commercial success and enough of the critical success to at least get nominations. Also the next Grammy's will be the first without secret committees so the nominations will be more of a popularity contest and a young promising popular artist with the right push could definitely get the noms. Wins could be a different story, but the BNA seems like a good chance for her. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,118
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

“Proper singles”

Has it finally been sent to radio :receipts:

You're the only one on earth that doesn't count g4y as a proper single :arguega:

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
9 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

You're the only one on earth that doesn't count g4y as a proper single :arguega:

If a song needs to be sent to radio (and let's pretend for a moment this is a WW thing) to be considered a single, 90% of the artists beyond mainstream pop acts have not released a single one throughout their whole careers.

Popster for Sale 44,666

the way P!nk is going to get another hit in her third decade 

79  (+2)  Cover Me In Sunshine by P!nk, Willow Sage Hart    1,093,479 

it's a cute song and the fact that it features her daughters vocals is pretty adorable :love:

Edited by ChromaticaOreos