Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster This Way 979
16 minutes ago, Zak said:

The sun isn't really a credible source.. I honestly don't see her doing well this era. 5 years is a big gap in the streaming era and she doesn't have a fanbase. hmmm

I mean I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about :enigma: Rihanna is one of the biggest and most global artists for the past decade, she has amassed hit after hit and she's being streamed more than Gaga, who dropped last year. 

Rihanna does have a fanbase and most importantly, the GP's support. The moment she announces it will literally be a moment in pop music, given how much everyone wants her to release. The demand is huge. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 316
1 minute ago, CHROMATICON said:

I mean I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about :enigma: Rihanna is one of the biggest and most global artists for the past decade, she has amassed hit after hit and she's being streamed more than Gaga, who dropped last year. 

Rihanna does have a fanbase and most importantly, the GP's support. The moment she announces it will literally be a moment in pop music, given how much everyone wants her to release. The demand is huge. 

Global yet she's a non event in Asia and barely used in Latino America. Anti was very local. It only did well in the U.S, Canada, NZ, and France. She lost the majority of her global appeal last era. For example, Anti isn't even certified gold here in Australia. LOTB and KIB didn't even chart. NM only peaked at #44. Work was the only global hit for that album. Like i said before, Rihanna has 3x the amount of singles, compared to her peers. Even Taylor only has around 50. (Rihanna has 65 official singles). 

• shook 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
7 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

just listened to INNA through your posts and it sounds low-budget bops by an amateur :icant:

Aya and Angele, aka the Cont.European Pop Queens can't relate

Delete :nicki_scream:

Spoiler

even tho I love both Aya and Angele :ohhh: all queens

Popster for Sale 57,447
1 hour ago, Zak said:

Global yet she's a non event in Asia and barely used in Latino America. Anti was very local. It only did well in the U.S, Canada, NZ, and France. She lost the majority of her global appeal last era. For example, Anti isn't even certified gold here in Australia. LOTB and KIB didn't even chart. NM only peaked at #44. Work was the only global hit for that album. Like i said before, Rihanna has 3x the amount of singles, compared to her peers. Even Taylor only has around 50. (Rihanna has 65 official singles). 

In Latin America she’s absolutely huge girl everyone knows every single hit of hers:icant:

And while Anti was lowkey local Work was a global mammoth smash in 2016 (even B*tch Better Have My Money is pretty well known), I wouldn’t worry about her capacity of scoring a hit again 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
9 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

obviously not including Rosalia cause Spanish is GLOBAL

:oscar:

Not Djadja in the same box with Godgele :rip:

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

“Biggest pop record of the year”

”it’s massive”

”the first single from KP5”

:rip:

Sad because Smile is actually a great album.

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Delusional said:

There’s definitely some bops on it but it was totally a mess in terms of aesthetic and direction (sonically)

the last minute clown aesthetic out of no where when the 60s hippy vibe from NRO/HIH was perfectly fine... was a choice 

I’d say Visually it was as chaotic as pregnancy is.

NRO vibe was perfection and shoulda remained... she fumbled that era visuals. Music needed some adjustments. but overall it was great. Not MINDBLOWING. 

Same with Witness... remove the singles and it was a great album. For me. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,886
Just now, Replay said:

Free Woman is now her #9 most popular track on Deezer (up from #13), with 8.7 popularity (up from  8.35)

Too bad we don’t see any impact anywhere other than this that surely doesn’t represent something big

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

The worst part about Smile was the cheap-a** album cover, the album itself sounded fine to me.

550x550.jpg

And this is why you won a challenge on trio and other Katy haters haven’t 

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,831
6 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Sad because Smile is actually a great album.

It’s quaint to listen to, but her music has literally been so forgettable since CTTR… Idk what it is but there’s literally no reason to re-listen after the initial 1. I was thinking perhaps it’s the  basic instrumental not leaving an impact on the audience or the lack of catchiness.

• paws up 1