Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 57,132
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

The government really is playing with fire. Our situation is still tragic

The curve is going down fast (more than 1000 less ICU cases in only a week) and the vaccination is speeding up

Start opening things in June and nightclubs in maybe July seems logical at this point

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

Te Boté remix (2018)

7 minutes long

840M spotify streams

2500M YT streams

:elmo:

La Jeepeta (2020)

5.48 minutes long

456M on Spotify

600M on YT

No Me Conoce (2019)

5.09 minutes long

714M on Spotify

1443M on Youtube

Sicko Mode (2018)

5.12 minutes long

1419M Spotify

1100M YouTube

Safaera (2020)

4.56minutes 

494M Spotify

450M Youtube

Body remix (2021, actually came out two weeks ago)

Currently top20 on Spotify WW and #1 in the UK

TLDR: Long songs can smash in the streaming era. :elmo:

Edited by Andreu
  • shook 1

Popstanne 9,652
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

idk I feel like that's a myth, if a song is good it can smash regardless of how long it is imo

I think there is merit to it, that why label is learning towards more and more shorter songs. Fans and GP can stream them multiple times without getting tired. 

A Popster Is Born 16,748

i think THEREFORE I AM is suppose to be this era's Bad Guy.. 

i blame the ugly MV :billie:

more excited for album gems tbh..

Edited by FRANZGA
  • paws up 1

The Fame Popster 313
12 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

reality: Bloodpop never tweets again. A few months later some insider confirms it was coming and makes up reasons for the cancellation. 

Considering the fact that we know it’s coming, I pray they don’t pull this again. 

Popstanne 9,652
10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Te Boté remix (2018)

7 minutes long

840M spotify streams

2500M YT streams

La Jeepeta (2020)

5.48 minutes long

456M on Spotify

600M on YT

No Me Conoce (2019)

5.09 minutes long

714M on Spotify

1443M on Youtube

Sicko Mode (2018)

5.12 minutes long

1419M Spotify

1100M YouTube

Safaera (2020)

4.56minutes 

494M Spotify

450M Youtube

Body remix (2021, actually came out two weeks ago)

Currently top20 on Spotify WW and #1 in the UK

TLDR: Long songs can smash in the streaming era. :elmo:

they can smash, i didn't say it is impossible. But its kinda rare and hard. That is why, i said it will have "trouble" smashing, not that it is impossible. 

• love 1

It's really interesting because TIA was viral on TikTok, but it seems that its effect wasn't as strong as it could have been... The virality on TikTok didn't match its growth on streaming. "my future" flopping was understandable but TIA? With all that radio support and TikTok was kind of unacceptable tbh, especially taking into account how big her debut album and "everything i wanted" were.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,132
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

It's really interesting because TIA was viral on TikTok, but it seems that its effect wasn't as strong as it could have been... The virality on TikTok didn't match its growth on streaming. "my future" flopping was understandable but TIA? With all that radio support and TikTok was kind of unacceptable tbh, especially taking into account how big her debut album and "everything i wanted" were.

The song was just meh and too similar to Bad Guy, so it didn't have any 'it' factor to become a smash

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

I don't know why artists keep releasing similar versions to their massive hits, when it never works: TIA wasn't nearly as big as Bad Hy, My Oh My wasn't nearly as big as Havana, Judas wasn't nearly as big as BR, etc

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,748

she's the queen of slow burners anyway so.. like look at lovely and when the party's over :billie:

but yuppp.. stream her best song "bellyache" while we're at it :bunny:

Just now, Fame Romance said:

The song was just meh and too similar to Bad Guy, so it didn't have any 'it' factor to become a smash

Ooof, I don't think this is a good excuse. Just have a look at the charts nowadays... the description that you gave applies to a lot of the songs that have been top 10 :cm:

But yeah, I agree that the song is not good, it doesn't have a good/viral video either, etc. :cm:

A Popster Is Born 16,748
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I don't know why artists keep releasing similar versions to their massive hits, when it never works: TIA wasn't nearly as big as Bad Hy, My Oh My wasn't nearly as big as Havana, Judas wasn't nearly as big as BR, etc

it worked for some

Oops is BOMT 2.0

Senorita is Havana 2.0

:shakes:

The Popster 152
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Well, Gaga has one meaningful award less :awkney:

other awards that are actually voted by academy members (sag, bafta etc.) are still happening and far more important when it comes to the oscars! HFPA so shady the industry is slowly distancing themselves from it...

Edited by sickandtired2.0

Popster for Sale 44,326
Just now, FRANZGA said:

she's the queen of slow burners anyway so.. like look at lovely and when the party's over :billie:

but yuppp.. stream her best song "bellyache" while we're at it :bunny:

I mean but arguably lovely and when the party's over where slow burner because her popularity hadn't peaked so there where more and more people finding out about her and those songs and keepin them afloat

right now EVERYONE knows who billie eillish is, and her popularity is at a peak, so if songs don't stick immediately I don't think we can expect them to pull insane longevity a la lovely

Popster for Sale 44,326
Just now, Delusional said:

Nicki vs. Katy. Which one will last longer on the BB100?

The one who last more than 2 weeks :icant:

Spoiler

jk I wish them success 

A Popster Is Born 16,748

also what's Cardi's game plan????

Radio ain't backing her this era, but who cares release the d*mn album already and collect your third no.1 this era through streams :bunny:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,748
4 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

At first, I didn't like Your Power, but it's truly a grower imo. I really vibe with the song now + the mv is actually decent :enigma:

it's actually good, just boring for a summer single.. but i guess "single" is the new "promo single" for the streaming girls

• paws up 1