will be her second official Audio to reach the milestone.. INLA is next

ARUTW autogen audio is more impressive methinks :romance:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,938
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

will be her second official Audio to reach the milestone.. INLA is next

ARUTW autogen audio is more impressive methinks :romance:

All amazing songs.

Does ARUTW count? Its auto generated but it still shows on kworb. Guess we ll have to count it :oscar:

Popster for Sale 57,464
1 hour ago, FRANZGA said:

not y'all dragging Maroon5 when they smashed hard with Memories by themselves :icant:

they could release a HAC Radio fodder and we all know soccer moms and teenage girls and boys will eat it up :laughga:

Yup it’s impressive how they’ve managed to get monster smashes almost every year for more than 15 years

The last decade Moves Like Jagger, Payphone, Maps, Animals, Sugar, Girls Like You, Memories were just so huge and even if they’re basic they’re damn catchy

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

@Andreu did you see this 

427496284_gagasmile.jpg.f36b95d87941a701

My 2019 summer bop I fear

a 2x platinum hit but they couldn't filter the sample properly and you hear background noise from the act up instrumental... a bop regardless but I never understood how could they let this happen

Popster for Sale 57,464
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

a 2x platinum hit but they couldn't filter the sample properly and you hear background noise from the act up instrumental... a bop regardless but I never understood how could they let this happen

Never noticed it lmao

Edited by Fame Romance

A Popster Is Born 16,850
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Yup it’s impressive how they’ve managed to get monster smashes almost every year for more than 15 years

The last decade Moves Like Jagger, Payphone, Maps, Animals, Sugar, Girls Like You, Memories were just so huge and even if they’re basic they’re damn catchy

it's kinda sad how men smashed harder than women.. :bradley:

women has to experiment, evolve, serve visuals and concepts, etc :bradley:

while men easily smashed with basic but catchy tunes

• paws up 6

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
31 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Never noticed it lmao

well I know I pay more attention to these things than most people do but for example here (timestamped)

after City Girls say "real as.s b.itch" you can hear a couple notes of the synth in the Act Up instrumental, which is not a big deal for 99,9% of people I guess, but  it shows they filtered the acapella instead of asking City Girls or their team if they could get the real one. Or maybe they asked them, and they didn't want to send it, which makes it even worse. And I find that extremely awkward considering the caliber of the artists involved in the song (Megan, Nicki, TY and Juicy J).

Pop-a-911-ster 39,508

May Daily Streams

Day 1 — 8.3M

Day 2 — 7.3M

Day 3 — 7.6M

Day 4 — 7.8M

Day 5 — 7.9M

Total — 35.9M

2020 vs 2021 Monthly Streams

Jan 20/21 — 175.1M / 247.81M (+72.71M)

Feb 20/21 — 180M / 234.92M (+54.92M)

Mar 20/21 — 239.7M / 256.03M (+16.33M)

Apr 20/21 — 177.2M / 246.47M (+69.27)

May 20/21 — 353.9M / 35.9M

2020/21 Total  — 3.340B / 1,014.32B

Compared to 2020 through the end of Apr — +213.23M

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 6
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,508
The Fame Popster 333
On 5/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, lunnuyu said:

The way every song from TFM could have been a single and would still have been a hit

The way TFM cannibalized Paparazzi - her 1st (of 2) Radio #1s. It could've climbed Top 3 / been a massive smash... yet they couldn't get a #1 out of Bad Romance (1 of the most hyped releases in modern Pop), Telephone (huge collab), etc. It's hard to re-write herstory given how quickly BTW came, risk of overexposure earlier, etc., but I wish they'd done:

TF: Single 4. Paparazzi = Week 3 - July 2009 release (vs. September)
TFM: Single 1. Monster = Week 2 - Sep 2009 release 
TFM: Promo Single 1. Speechless = Week 1 - Nov 2009
TFM: Single 2. Bad Romance = Week 3 - Nov 2009
TFM: Single 3. Telephone = Week 3 - Feb 2010
-- Grammys performance (medley of Bad Romance, Speechless, Telephone) = Feb 2010 --
TFM: Single 4. Alejandro = Week 3 - May 2010
TFM: Single 5. (UK, FRA, ITA, AUS) Speechless = Week 1 - Aug 2010

Paparazzi could've continued its rise + Monster would've been a great lead (Top 5 peak + long Top 10 run). Bad Romance released w/ the album would've kept momentum into 2010 and with a Grammys boost, it + Telephone could've gone #1. Alejandro would've been the great summer hit it was, and sending Speechless to certain markets could've kept TFM charting through 2011.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, WildAmerican said:

Feeling salty about Gaga's General Field successes, so in a fair and perfect world this is what should've happened

Poker Face -> Wins ROTY

Bad Romance -> Nom'd for both ROTY and SOTY, wins ROTY

TFM -> WINS AOTY

TEOG/BTW -> Nom'd for both R/SOTY

ASIB -> WINS AOTY

Shallow -> WINS R/SOTY

ROM -> Nom'd for ROTY

Gaga's GF record is rough since rules have been changed to justify noms (i.e., Lizzo), 2. shift toward Pop (GF love for Swift, Billie, Dua), 3. awards for being 'overdue.' Grammys could've changed BNA rules prior to 2010, and The Fame going 0/3 has aged poorly given its impact (vs. Billie's sweep, for ex). Pokerface would be an undeniable ROTY in 2021, and Bad Romance missing R/SOTY was a total snub. I'm surprised we didn't see Million Reasons in SOTY + ASIB in AOTY, and a Shallow win for SOTY.

THE FAME
Wins: +3 (BNA / AOTY / Pokerface; ROTY)
Nominations: +1 (BNA)

THE FAME MONSTER
Wins: +2 (Bad Romance; ROTY / DITD; Best Dance Recording)
Nominations: +2 (Bad Romance; ROTY, SOTY)

BORN THIS WAY
Wins: +2 (EOG; BPSP / BTW; BMV) [not submitted or nominated]
Nominations: +4 (BTW; ROTY, SOTY, BMV / EOG; BPSP) [not submitted or nominated]

Submitting Judas + Y&I (no BTW/EOG) / 3 MVs was so bad. She was unlikely to win vs. Adele, but noms would've cemented BTW's legacy.

JOANNE
Wins: +1 (BPVA)
Nominations: +1 (Million Reasons; SOTY)

A STAR IS BORN
Wins: +1 (Shallow, SOTY)
Nominations: +1 (AOTY)

ASIB should've gotten into AOTY based on its commercial success alone. Shallow + ARUTW + INLA are actually comparable to the singles off WWAFAWDWG? - the eventual winner - but it was never going to win w/ only 1 proper hit submitted the year prior. Look at The Bodyguard + Waiting To Exhale (2 successful OSTs in the 90s). Each had 5-7 singles, multiple #1 / Top 10 hits, and scored noms in the GF + several genre categories. A schedule like the following would've kept the era alive / collected receipts to support a Grammy campaign, IMO.

1. Sep 20, 2018: Shallow = Single #1
2. Oct 1, 2018: INLA (extended) = promo single
3. Oct 4, 2018: ITA = promo single
4. Oct 19, 2018: Maybe It's Time = Single #2 (U.S. Country, AAA, Alt Radio) + Remix (feat. Lukas Nelson)
5. Nov 23, 2018: INLA (Radio Edit) = Intl. Single (UK, AUS, FRA, ITA)
-- FEB 10, 2019: Grammys Perf. (ARUTW, Shallow, INLA Medley)
-- FEB 24, 2019: Oscars Perf. (Shallow) -- 

6. Mar 08, 2019: ARUTW = Single #3
-- MAY 01, 2019: BBMAs Perf. (ARUTW + INLA)
-- MAY 10, 2019: ASI(RE-)BORN --
7. May 31, 2019: Clover = Single #4
-- JUN 24, 2019: Apollo Perf. (ARUTW + Shallow / Clover Encore)

CHROMATICA
Wins: +0
Nominations: +1 (ROM; SOTY)

Grammys tend to reward music that best captures each year, and Chromatica had a great chance of GF noms had there been ANY attempt to promote the concept. Similar to ASIB, it had similar receipts to eventual nominees/winners; the message of ROM would've fit perfectly into SOTY, and Chromatica had stronger singles and similar acclaim to the likes of Future Nostalgia. 

On 5/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, Sir.Sim said:

With only 3 days of tracking. I really wish we could've seen how that era would've played out commercially had they at least rolled out the singles properly (even without consideration of the choices). The 2 singles + 2 promo singles released pre-album peaked upon debut; BTW (#1), Judas (#10) did so w/ < 1 week of tracking; EOG (#3) did so as a promo single that went on to have the longest run of any single from the era after officially released.

Judas had SO MUCH hype behind it, that it should've easily gotten a Top 3 debut. That would've delayed any narratives that her impact was declining, and the song may have been a bigger hit without the negative press surrounding its release / performance. EOG would've gone #1 with Radio added, and with a proper MV, it would've been 1 of her biggest singles.

Sigh. 

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 567
4 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

Tell the full story the real date is June 15 dkdkdkd it’s only if some doses are remaining at the end of the day

Also Traumatica ball is getting canceled and she’ll announce Vegas dates and I’ll meltdown

it will not be canceled !!! I just got  these tickets ... any I will get fully vaccinated before that ...my parents should have choosen London ...dammit :D I am terrible at french I speak  nothing...