Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
5 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Digital Sales chart:

12. Shallow (RE) *67 weeks on that chart*

Will probably rise into the top 10 this week.

do you think ASIB can reenter the BB200 next week?

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

YTD spanish sales

let's see what the four boomers who buy digital music chose:

18 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
102 Lady Gaga – Always Remember Us This Way

Entries by selected artist in the top200

C Tangana 7

Sia 6 :rip:

Dua Lipa, Karol G, Ed Sheeran 5

Bad Bunny, Billie Eilish, Balvin 3

Rosalia, Lady Gaga, Taylor, Miley, Bruno Mars, BTS 2

Kylie Minogue, Lana del Rey 1

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

I mean I don’t get the meltdowns over the Fortnite thing but this sent me :icant:

Sis liddos don't need reason to meltdown, they just do

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,782

omg yas its coming

but I wonder why are they gonna release the song so early if movie is only coming out q4, is this common?

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,521

Most days, I can understand why this era went as it should. Occasionally,

Spoiler

f- THIS PANDEMIC, f- COVID, f- GAGA'S TEAM FOR NOT TRYING A DIFFERENT APPROACH, f- NO COMMUNICATION, f- STUPID LEAKS, f- INSIDERS TEASING SHITE THAT DON'T HAPPEN OR WAS NEVER PLANNED TO BEGIN WITH, JUST f-ING TELL US IF ANYTHING IS COMING AT ALL, JUST KILL OUR HOPES, KEEPING US ON A HOOK IS THE WORST sh!t, THIS MUSIC DESERVED SO MUCH f-ING BETTER, f- PROMO, I JUST WANT SOME PERFORMANCES HOLY sh!t SET UP A VIRTUAL CONCERT OR SOME sh!t BUT NOW IT'S TOO LATE BECAUSE YOU'RE FILMING, BUT SOMEHOW C3C ALSO GOT DELAYED AND FOR WHAT?

angry dean winchester GIF

angry dean winchester GIF by WhoSay

cry crying GIF

• paws up 2
  • hugs 2
  • lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,782

What makes me most excited about the TG song is that they probably want to make this song as big as TMBA, so for sure there was effort in making the song a smash. It might not work though, lets see. But it probably is going to be pushed harder than the typical Gaga single nowadays.  

Pop-a-911-ster 28,967
x3

Meltdown alert! 

Well dont blame the pandemic.

The era was a mess before covid. 

First of all they choose Stupid Love as her big come back to pop music after almost a decade:rip: Stupid Love would have been cute for Rebecca Black's return and not Gaga's post Shallow single.

The lead single leaked and released it a month later:rip:

They shot an absolutely cheap video with a fcking iPhone:nicki_scream: Gaga is one of the artists that relies on music videos . Her epic music videos like Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Telephone played a big role to make them become huge hits and etc. 

She just released a music video and then she did absolutely nothing. It's the LEAD SINGLE and you let it die. All these before even we had the pandemic.

:nicki_scream::nicki_scream:

spacer.png

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,283
11 minutes ago, little legend said:

Meltdown alert! 

First of all they choose Stupid Love as her big come back to pop music after almost a decade:rip: Stupid Love would have been cute for Rebecca Black's return and not Gaga's post Shallow single.

They shot an absolutely cheap video with a fcking iPhone:nicki_scream: Gaga is one of the artists that relies on music videos . Her epic music videos like Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Telephone played a big role to make them become huge hits and etc. 

She just released a music video and then she did absolutely nothing. It's the LEAD SINGLE and you let it die. All these before even we had the pandemic.

spacer.png

LA went into full lockdown week after SL release. Part about lead single choice is subjective, realisticially excluding collabs it's one of the two choices that made sense as a lead. Good song doesn't mean good single. 

Edited by Replay

4 minutes ago, little legend said:

Meltdown alert! 

spacer.png

I don't think they meant for SL to be a "lead single", it was just going to be the introduction to the era with lots of songs following shortly like ROM, Babylon and Free woman, with the focus always being as ROM as the eras main single. That's why SL didn't get any promo in the start and the mv wasn't that special. But the delay of the album release messed everything up and we had to deal with SL with nothing else for months :mess:

It was a mess that everything leaked before hand though, Gaga being forced to both release the album art and tracklist because they had already leaked online and the fanbase already being tired of SL for it's official release was a mess :icant:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
34 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

omg yas its coming

but I wonder why are they gonna release the song so early if movie is only coming out q4, is this common?

I stopped believing diorleaks because yesterday they pretended babylon haus labs had been sent to them :rip:

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,782
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I stopped believing diorleaks because yesterday they pretended babylon haus labs had been sent to them :rip:

we never win :rip:

at least well know if the Top Gun song is real this year :billie:

A Popster Is Born 12,828
8 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

we never win :rip:

at least well know if the Top Gun song is real this year :billie:

Yeah... But I don't understand why they keep saying soon. The movie is released in November, right? So why would they release the song in May/June... Thats done sh*t for Billie's 'No Time To Die'

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

It will probably end up as a Salt sized hit.

Besides germany MH&MH is already way bigger than salt

Moderator 17,129
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

In terms of streams I don't see MH&MH having much more success than Salt though.

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I find it really weird how Sweden who has been one of the biggest supporters said NO to this one, #90 peak, charted for 1 week :mess: