Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 11,857
Just now, ChromaticaOreos said:

It's really weird and we'll never know what went though but it baffles me that she would refuse to promote an album about people dancing through their pain - why? because people are going through pain :mess: 

We ll probably find out in a couple of years :ohyes:

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Contact obligations makes perfect sense tbh

Im pretty sure her music career also has contract obligations :ohhh:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,423

Wouldn't Gaga have contractual obligations to promote her albums too though?

Remember her re negotiated contract that leaked with other documents? She has a lot of freedom regarding promo. A LOT.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,423
Just now, Doncho said:

We ll probably find out in a couple of years :ohyes:

Im pretty sure her music career also has contract obligations :ohhh:

Again, go back to the leaked documents. Interscope approached her to do something, she said no. She’s pulling the strings.

• sad 2

After both her original plan for Chromatica and then plan B getting cancelled she prob just didn't want something half assed she couldn't be be proud of afterwards and instead focused on things that are important long-term for the world and then gave HOG 100% her focus. Also in the start i think they were naive and hoped that the virus would be over alot faster, so they waited it out and then when they realized this wasn't going to stop anytime soon they did the 911 video and VMA performance to atleast give us something before they started to get ready for HOG. 

• paws up 9

Pop-a-911-ster 31,848
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

She probably does feel bad about shoving multi thousand dollar products in LM faces when many are waiting for their TCB refund because they can’t afford to pay their bills during these times. :ew: I just wish there would be more transparency in the merch/tour department because some people NEED their money back

I’m glad I’m rich like GodGa 

• yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 18,423
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Me thinks there is some sort of contractual loop hole that because Interscope has barely paid for anything this era that she can do whatever she pleases (literally everything has been sponsored by other companies) 

No. Recording contract has nothign to do with her other contracts. Her Interscope contract gives her a lot of freedom. I remember it being explained back in 2016-2017. 

All the other stuff, like the Champagne, Oreo, Fortnite, Haus Labs etc are not attached to Interscope and her music per say. That’s why it was easy for her to abandon the album promo and she was basically forced to promote all the other things. Like, her announcing the Oreo thing was her laying on her couch and being embarrassed/awkward about it. She put more effort into HL because its Sarah’s income lol.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,778
8 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

After both her original plan for Chromatica and then plan B getting cancelled she prob just didn't want something half assed she couldn't be be proud of afterwards and instead focused on things that are important long-term for the world and then gave HOG 100% her focus. Also in the start i think they were naive and hoped that the virus would be over alot faster, so they waited it out and then when they realized this wasn't going to stop anytime soon they did the 911 video and VMA performance to atleast give us something before they started to get ready for HOG. 

I really hope this was the case.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,423

I really hope this was the case.

I’m sure it was. I’m also sad how liddos are angry with her and calling her lazy and a bi.ch in this very moment on Twitter.

• sad 2

Popster for Sale 44,778
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

I’m sure it was. I’m also sad how liddos are angry with her and calling her lazy and a bi.ch in this very moment on Twitter.

That's obviously not okay no matter what the case is chile 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,848
5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Time to give me some money. Can give you some poop in exchanges.

I’m sure I could be better than the paper toilet you’re using for your poop :billie:

• shook 1
  • lol 1

btw it's kinda sad we are giving sh!t for gaga not doing enough for Chromatica when both Ariana and Taylor just dropped albums and never cared to anything for them (taylor 2 mvs, 1 performance, Ariana 2mvs 0 performances) :mess:

I know it's mostly just because we already knew what was in stores for Chromatica but still. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 428
33 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

We know. Apparently Apple and Epic Games are still battling in court and it could be one of the reasons why it was cancelled or postponed. 

yeah, J Balvin and Ariana also had planned concerts that never happened, so this time it wasn't a "Gaga scrapped it" thing but clearly something bigger

• thanks 1