Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Moderator 17,056
Just now, danwasd said:

I'm bookmarking you just in case we get Sam Smith'd :arguega:

Nominations alone are already a great honor. Let's be happy with Gaga being nominated, maybe :ohhh:

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 11,434
1 hour ago, FRANZGA said:

then why are foreign radios playing it?? :ohhh: and as far as I can remember top40 spammed Bad ROMANCE's BIG Vocals

besides there's no Doped vocals in Chromatica aside from ENIGMA which just fits perfectly with its production.. idk that radios are about soft tones now cause there ain't a lot of theatrical voice ala Gaga out there to draw the comparison.. one thing is for sure tho Taylor's and Katy' soft toned singles ain't spammed hard ala $cooter's clients

Well, those that were / are playing it definitely are more open for that type of singing. I'm not saying every single radio station doesn't like that. But many actually do. And Bad Romance has big vocals only in the chorus, which is actually a good moment for going harder, so no problem with the vocals here :ally:

And no one is being spammed the way that man's clients are, that's another lvl :mess:

Anyways, GodGa is a Woman and we stan :romance:

• paws up 1

Her vocals have been loud, gritty and theatrical since TFM, don’t act like it’s a new thing.

Chromatica in fact features some of her most restrained and controlled vocals in a while, and they’re not the reason why her songs are not being played on the radio.

I swear some of y’all want her to whisper over simple trap infused beats, removing everything that makes her unique and interesting just to get a radio hit.

Chromatica is already pretty accesible and inoffensive as it is, and that didn’t help her much. Going even more GP friendly would mean releasing the same bland and boring stuff everyone is making.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 14,730
2 minutes ago, GODPOP said:

Her vocals have been loud, gritty and theatrical since TFM, don’t act like it’s a new thing.

Chromatica in fact features some of her most restrained and controlled vocals in a while, and they’re not the reason why her songs are not being played on the radio.

I swear some of y’all want her to whisper over simple trap infused beats, removing everything that makes her unique and interesting just to get a radio hit.

Chromatica is already pretty accesible and inoffensive as it is, and that didn’t help her much. Going even more GP friendly would mean releasing the same bland and boring stuff everyone is making.

I get your point but I find that some could find your post kinda flamebait-y. There are a bunch of artists than publish GP friendly songs (not that Cosmetica isn't the most basic thing on Earth) and are far from being bland and boring ala Dula or Eva. 

And that's coming from a pal who really likes the rawness in her voice of songs like Swine or IWBWY :arguega:

The Fame Popster 316
11 hours ago, Fame Romance said:

Lowkey a flop

If the album is full of My Tanktures and Therefore I Meh’s I don’t see it doing nowhere as good as her debut 

They both have mediocre streams. TFIA is at 367m and MF is at 193m... pretty bad for her standards 

Popster for Sale 44,319
6 minutes ago, Zak said:

They both have mediocre streams. TFIA is at 367m and MF is at 193m... pretty bad for her standards 

and TFIA is only doing 1M a day, interesting. Maybe the track that's coming out next is the actual hit a la Bad Guy. Then again TFIA was clearly an attempt to repeat Bad Guy's formula. 

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1

Moderator 17,056
3 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

and TFIA is only doing 1M a day, interesting. Maybe the track that's coming out next is the actual hit a la Bad Guy. Then again TFIA was clearly an attempt to repeat Bad Guy's formula. 

TFIA is mainly propped up by radio and it has been for nearly two months now.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 316
4 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

and TFIA is only doing 1M a day, interesting. Maybe the track that's coming out next is the actual hit a la Bad Guy.

Yeah, it was very front loaded. It only spent 14 weeks in the streaming chart. Airplay is keeping it stable. I honestly don't see her doing big numbers this era. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,434
37 minutes ago, GODPOP said:

I think you understood that a bit wrong. It's not that we want Gaga to start doing the same music everybody is doing now, whispering over trap beats etc. 

The conversation is about reasons why she has less radio support these days, not about us wanting her to do songs for radio hits. 

It's obviously all speculations, we don't know the true reasons behind it. No need to be so defensive over simple opinion baby :hugging:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

Late to the discussion, but yeah, maybe Billie will not have another smash #1 like BG, but considering how extraordinarily well her previous album did and its longevity, I cant not see the album doing amazing.

• paws up 3

Moderator 17,056

Absolutely quietly, Demi has achieved her biggest album success ever in Germany. Dancing with the Devil… the Art of Starting Over is her first top 20 album with a peak of #12 and has reached two weeks total on the charts. Every single other album by Demi Lovato only lasted one week on the charts.

• lol 6

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
7 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Absolutely quietly, Demi has achieved her biggest album success ever in Germany. Dancing with the Devil… the Art of Starting Over is her first top 20 album with a peak of #12 and has reached two weeks total on the charts. Every single other album by Demi Lovato only lasted one week on the charts.

The longevity :giveup:

Thank you ariana and thank you 45 physical versions :giveup:

• lol 2

The Popster 152
3 hours ago, corvus albus said:

Nominations alone are already a great honor. Let's be happy with Gaga being nominated, maybe :ohhh:

nomination alone is an uphill battle but some lms talk about oscars whenever she's rumored to be part of a movie... this ain't like those music awards, they are stingy as hell!!! 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762

Yeah her vocals are shouty wbk :billie:however I believe  that's not the main issue re radio in US.. Its the fact 18-24 demographic listen to pop and they hate her music (and other women over 30). She's also competing with younger women directly when she takes on a 'Shallow' genre such as dance.

Interscope are transparent, if a song is receiving - 0.6 updates daily and it's getting slaughtered on callouts, interscope will pull it from their selection of 5 or 6 songs on mediabase to make space for another. I think she should just do what music she is passionate about and the success will follow it. Rather than being desperate to please her fans, or in this case US radio. 

what.thumb.jpg.e75134e363dce7f8f7d86e277

• paws up 7

Popster for Sale 57,132
41 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Damn we should never drag the T person then

b2780x1450.thumb.jpg.65cab9cf755b4138664ca92be2f881ff.jpg