Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

22 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

it's always been so interesting to me that the same songs get (almost) the same exact number of streams everyday, I wonder how that is possible....

the same playlists,

same fans who listen to same songs,

I probably listen to 2 Gaga albums worth of music every other day 😭😂

interspersed with all the different artists I play/albums I stan/stream

Edited by ProdigyARTPOP

Pop-a-911-ster 39,357

“Paparazzi” surpasses “Born This Way” and becomes the 13th most viewed video by Lady Gaga on YouTube.

12. ROM — 302M =
13. Paparazzi — 278.6M ⬆️
14. BTW — 278.5M ⬇️
15. MR — 261M =
music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga
Also....ICYMI reported by our very own @Thrasher

Fun fact: +24 spots in 414 days :oscar:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 11

A Popster Is Born 16,283
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Stan. Witness was sabotaged. #JusticeForWitness

Also:

Their reaction when only TF charts on Monday/Tuesday :enigma:

Waiting for them to start ranting how it makes no sense that it was #2 for half week and it's not charting and that it's being sabotaged  :laughga:

A Popster Is Born 12,827
3 minutes ago, Replay said:

Waiting for them to start ranting how it makes no sense that it was #2 for half week and it's not charting and that it's being sabotaged  :laughga:

I forsee:

DJ Whiteshadow doing a 3 paragraph insta post saying how they gave it their all, then accounts saying  the establishment is still against them after 8 years... Then a 2nd attempt happening methinks :enigma:

The Fame Popster 333
7 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Chromatica is better than artpop though :bigbird: I believe she only brings up 'artpop sister' to appease the ph4ag fans (her core base) that want our pushing 40 fave to be in that engima one piece singing Charli xcx'd  songs for eternity and getting Madonna'd, instead of having a varied career with different avenues and audiences :rip:

(hopefully that didn't offend anyone... I support this movement but it feels like Gaga can't do anything right not at anyone in general just sayin) 

Posting these same sweeping generalizations is exhausting. If you're worried about Gaga "not being able to do anything right," why push ridiculous theories like her connecting Chromatica w/ ARTPOP to appease 'ph4ags'? Why repeatedly use a "pushing 40" qualifier for Gaga? You talk as if you've been supportive of Chromatica, but prior to ARTPOP's resurgence, you said these exact same things about it: "an album for the f-words!," "any more Radio singles will tank CALLOUTS!"

It IS offensive to imply regularly anyone who prefers up-tempo pop to ballads is an 'f-word' who wants Gaga's career to nose-dive. Her oldest fans enjoyed several eras where she masterfully shifted from bangers like PF, BR, MTN, Applause, to emotional / raw ballads like Brown Eyes, Speechless, EOG, Gypsy. Chromatica's weakest moment is when, rather than building on 1000 Doves (PV Demo), Bloodpop maintained the tempo of the rest of the album. Nobody asked for that. 

NO professional would waste time on projects that limit their reach to niche audiences. Even if she wanted, those who profit off her success would prevent Gaga from doing so. Fans need to quit acting as if the GP gives a damn about album tracks; there could be Adele-like, GP-friendly content on BTW, ARTPOP, etc., and their recurrent #s would look as they do today. Pop eras come down to singles, period.

BTW, EOG, Y&I were huge Top 6 hits w/ 20 (+) weeks on BB100 in 2011; they were very successful and reached many audiences. Nobody but stans would consider that album to be "appeasing f-words." Her failure to reach its success has NOTHING to do with songs like Hair, FOHL, GUY, Venus, DIC, etc., and EVERYTHING to do with subsequent projects having at MOST, *1* song w/ the commercial viability of BTW, EOG, Y&I.

7 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The streaming era + Gaga's new career phase untapping this is something to celebrate - I was apprehensive at first, but I don't believe she'll repeat ARTPOP.

Chromatica isn't getting attention because it's not in the same position, so whilst we wish that it was getting spam streamed it won't. Just enjoy it for now and relax knowing even if she does release another dated EDM album, it won't bring her to the lows of artpop.

So, "bling not the music," then? She HAS repeated many problems that plagued ARTPOP; i.e., focusing on 1-2 singles before abandoning the project / releasing limited content months down the road. ARTPOP was VERY successful AUG - NOV '13 when she was fully invested in the era: 2 Platinum (+) singles w/ strong Radio support, 2 Top 40 promo singles, #1 debut on BB200. The sloppy rollout of Applause + DWUW > total blackout in content stunted any shot at longevity. 

The Pop scene had become too crowded to afford a 6-month gap between singles. Despite GUY's underperformance, she had a highly acclaimed, sold-out residency at Roseland Ballroom that spring, and grabbed a #1 on BB200 w/ a jazz album later in 2014. It's nonsense to think she couldn't have gotten 2 more Top 20 hits w/ Gypsy in January (performance at the Grammys) + Sexxx Dreams remix / Brooklyn Nights debut at Roseland. 

You didn't want 911 sent to Radio because 'callouts,' when September was Chromatica's last a shot at maintaining any hype that remained. Just as GUY couldn't keep ARTPOP alive after 6 months, dropping an MV isn't going to do much in 2021; Golden pushed Fine Line into 2021 with a 20-week run on BB100, 300M+ streams, and never making it into the Top 10 in any Radio metric. 911 could've done the same AT MINIMUM. 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Delusional said:

Gaga is not the same level as Harry commercially nowadays and it’s stupid to compare them. :toofunny:  911 would have only worked as a lead single, period. 

At the minimum is this a joke :rip: even ROM struggled with a 20 week run and you think 911 as a third single in a streaming era had a shot to do better? Really? :rip: 

Which this lack of stream success begs the question... WHY DOES HER LABEL CARE SO MUCH IN MAKING HER A STREAMING POWERHOUSE? Save that for the younger artists...

Have the singles but make the albums good decent chunky lengthy songs.

Half of Chromatica's problems were that the songs were too short... I don't care what the length of a song is if I like the artists I am listening to the songs if they are 2 mins or 7.  

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I thinks that’s why a good quality remix album filled of extended remixes, excellent collabs and piano demos would finally squash any sort of sourness from fans.

It’s fine if they wanted to go more streaming friendly with the track lengths but the fact they aren’t capitalising on it by doing extended remixes or actually promoting the music is what annoys most fans I think. 

It annoys me thats for sure.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,827
19 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Posting these same sweeping generalizations is exhausting. If you're worried about Gaga "not being able to do anything right," why push ridiculous theories like her connecting Chromatica w/ ARTPOP to appease 'ph4ags'? Why repeatedly use a "pushing 40" qualifier for Gaga? You talk as if you've been supportive of Chromatica, but prior to ARTPOP's resurgence, you said these exact same things about it: "an album for the f-words!," "any more Radio singles will tank CALLOUTS!"

It IS offensive to imply regularly anyone who prefers up-tempo pop to ballads is an 'f-word' who wants Gaga's career to nose-dive. Her oldest fans enjoyed several eras where she masterfully shifted from bangers like PF, BR, MTN, Applause, to emotional / raw ballads like Brown Eyes, Speechless, EOG, Gypsy. Chromatica's weakest moment is when, rather than building on 1000 Doves (PV Demo), Bloodpop maintained the tempo of the rest of the album. Nobody asked for that. 

NO professional would waste time on projects that limit their reach to niche audiences. Even if she wanted, those who profit off her success would prevent Gaga from doing so. Fans need to quit acting as if the GP gives a damn about album tracks; there could be Adele-like, GP-friendly content on BTW, ARTPOP, etc., and their recurrent #s would look as they do today. Pop eras come down to singles, period.

BTW, EOG, Y&I were huge Top 6 hits w/ 20 (+) weeks on BB100 in 2011; they were very successful and reached many audiences. Nobody but stans would consider that album to be "appeasing f-words." Her failure to reach its success has NOTHING to do with songs like Hair, FOHL, GUY, Venus, DIC, etc., and EVERYTHING to do with subsequent projects having at MOST, *1* song w/ the commercial viability of BTW, EOG, Y&I.

So, "bling not the music," then? She HAS repeated many problems that plagued ARTPOP; i.e., focusing on 1-2 singles before abandoning the project / releasing limited content months down the road. ARTPOP was VERY successful AUG - NOV '13 when she was fully invested in the era: 2 Platinum (+) singles w/ strong Radio support, 2 Top 40 promo singles, #1 debut on BB200. The sloppy rollout of Applause + DWUW > total blackout in content stunted any shot at longevity. 

The Pop scene had become too crowded to afford a 6-month gap between singles. Despite GUY's underperformance, she had a highly acclaimed, sold-out residency at Roseland Ballroom that spring, and grabbed a #1 on BB200 w/ a jazz album later in 2014. It's nonsense to think she couldn't have gotten 2 more Top 20 hits w/ Gypsy in January (performance at the Grammys) + Sexxx Dreams remix / Brooklyn Nights debut at Roseland. 

You didn't want 911 sent to Radio because 'callouts,' when September was Chromatica's last a shot at maintaining any hype that remained. Just as GUY couldn't keep ARTPOP alive after 6 months, dropping an MV isn't going to do much in 2021; Golden pushed Fine Line into 2021 with a 20-week run on BB100, 300M+ streams, and never making it into the Top 10 in any Radio metric. 911 could've done the same AT MINIMUM. 

Sometimes we like an album and the GP doesn't... Its as simple as that. It hurts I guess... but being Delusional makes it worse :awkney:

It's like the KatyKat 'Walking on air should've been the 3rd single!!1' tea. Like it would change her trajectory :laughga:Gaga is never going to be the 35 year old dance pop hitmaker with 5 singles you want her to be, whether you like it or not :rip: GUY was a complete bomb. Some things there's no saving from. Why did she do Joanne and not the Redone album if what you think is true? She had to do that... It's not a level playing field in pop for women :rip: do we know of women Gaga's age serving Harry Styles in 2021? its like Katy kats saying 'X could've been big smash' if handled right :bigbird: 

2 singles per album are fine for her career what she's going for - unless there's actual demand... Like @Delusional said she's not Harry or Dua. Interscope won't send random album tracks to US radio for an album that isn't charting... Fine Line IS still charting... It's incredibly hard to get a post album single going... All that just to feed fans obsession with wanting to relive TFM glory days. Chromatica was for fans, and even then it was dropped after a massive career peak. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Not Doja and Saweetie promoting at Jake Pauls boxing match or whatever :lmao: this was so random but ofc it's great that we finally have a performance with both of them together