Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Moderator 17,129
7 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Gaga said it herself :icant:

everything she did after was to recover from the damage ARTPOP left

@Delusional

She fall apart AFTER she released ARTPOP. It's not the album that she had to recover from. It's not the albums fault but the fact that nearly everyone she trusted left her combined with massive scrutiny by the public and media. Leave her and ARTPOP fans alone if she herself says that she adores the album.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 6
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,356

“Anyway, I’ve stated multiple times we should be focusing on Chromatica not the album that ruined her career.” - @Delusional

spit take GIF

one minute I claim ARTPOP ruined her career the next I backtrack and say “oh it ruined her career but then she happened to do some stuff that made it not ruined anymore” :billie: given the fact that the very next year she went on to win a GRAMMY award and her very next solo project went platinum I would say her career was literally never ruined. That was my point. And people still say over dramatic stuff about ARTPOP all the time to make it seem so much worse than it was.

Though I am glad you’ve agreed to stop arguing semantics about GRAMMY wins and your faux outrage with the whole dramatic “embarrassing our fanbase” nonsense:laughga:

edit: forget to give credit for your quote 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

So it looks like ARTPOP recharted in 0 official countries so far... I hope this means the streams were mainly US based :enigma:

Pls, US liddos are the laziest :uhh:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,754
1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

So it looks like ARTPOP recharted in 0 official countries so far... I hope this means the streams were mainly US based :enigma:

Well it's just that we tend to forget that iTunes is dead and the streams weren't that big it was just amazing for us bc the streams went from 300k to 1M

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

If all the album charts had 200 positions we probably would, but in countries whose album chart is a top100 or even a top50, it was absolutely out of reach

• paws up 1

5 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Not even on Spain? Then it won’t enter in any official charts except for Mexico or Brazil probably. In Spain she had the #1 on iTunes (yay 10 copies :icant:) and a peak of #13 on AM before disappearing. Little Monstrosities truly lost.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,754

With Kekette we saw Friday that purecharts published an article saying that an artist didn't have any physical copies counted during his first week by SNEP because all the copies were sold via his webstore.

Imagine it's a rule that was already there for Traumatica's first week and all copies from her store weren't counted

If it's indeed the case no boost from the vinyl in france then

but maybe it's because his website isn't from his label or something

Edited by ViviLittleM

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

If all the album charts had 200 positions we probably would, but in countries whose album chart is a top100 or even a top50, it was absolutely out of reach

Also many international monsters  bought it on iTunes via US store 

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

With Kekette we saw Friday that purecharts published an article saying that an artist didn't have any physical copies counted during her first week by SNEP because all the copies were sold via his webstore.

Imagine it's a rule that was already there for Traumatica's first week and all copies from her store weren't counted

If it's indeed the case no boost from the vinyl in france then

but maybe it's because his website isn't from his label or something

Did ariana get boost this week in France? She just dropped vinyls

Pop-a-911-ster 29,754
1 minute ago, Replay said:

Did ariana get boost this week in France? She just dropped vinyls

oh that's why she's rising everywhere WW

only selling on her store or everywhere else?

Then we'll see on Monday!

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

oh that's why she's rising everywhere WW

only selling on her store or everywhere else?

Then we'll see on Monday!

They sell them in other places for sure bc one of the variants was a fnac exclusive

Popster This Way 691
2 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Very accurate explanation. May I feel free to post this on ATRL to shut up some girlies? 

tenor.gif?itemid=12978138

I mean, sure, though it's just my thoughts based on the fact that it's:

1. Definitely IFPI

2.  A case of only pure digital sales (without ringtones) for any track released before 2013.

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,129
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

GUY - #76 

PI - #15

MR - ... can’t even remember but it was tragic 

TC - #39

Shallow - #20 

SL - #5

compare these debuts and peaks to her 2008-2011 peaks... clearly there was some sort of downfall around GUY that not magically rised back up over the years, no? 

That was the fallout of the BTW era though. BTW the era killed a lot of GP support, that's why the era was so frontloaded. After that ARTPOP had to reintroduce Gaga and win back the audience she lost during BTW and it did neither because, just like BTW, it was music for the fans again. If you'd swap ARTPOP and BTW the eras would look very similar and you would probably dunk on BTW instead of ARTPOP.

At this point you should just stop with ARTPOP. Just don't talk about it anymore for some time.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,356
3 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Some people just love to double down huh? The ARTPOP renaissance is the most exciting thing for MONTHS in this fandom and I'm sorry you're too much of a stuck up to enjoy it.

06e4bdae67f9ac9b3d1cd70fd9670045.gif

Imagine not being able to fully enjoy this moment and instead going on and on about how ARTPOP was a failure and ruined her career (except not I guess, idk I’m still confused by that convo)....couldn’t be me 

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,754

in France Gaga's vinyl seems to be exclusive from her store because first they cancelled Fnac orders and cancelled the article, and then amazon did the same

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • shook 1