Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

What is all of that mess I had to read about ARTPOP? Can people let other people enjoy things? ARTPOP is not my preferred album by Miss Gagatica but that doesn’t mean I have to constantly bother people with the idea that it’s a bad album. Btw, ARTPOP didn’t ruin her career, Troy Carter pushing Gaga to her limits until she was broken and abandoning her in the middle of an album promotion did. All of the Little Monster that want Troy Carter back should know that. Periodt!

Lady Gaga Applause GIF

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 9
  • thanks 6

9 hours ago, Rusty said:

In terms of the GWR list, they're 100% using the original IFPI methodology for each song based on the record page specifying as much, i.e. pure sales until the end of 2012 (so until the 2013 report), and SPS for all songs released in 2013-onwards. The songs released pre-2013 do not get streams added to their pure totals.

Gaga's entries:

Poker Face (9.8M) - pure

Just Dance (7.7M) - pure

Bad Romance (9.7M) - pure

Telephone (7.4M) - pure

Born This Way (8.2M) - Pure

Shallow (10.2M) - SPS

We know Poker Face, Just Dance and Bad Romance have all easily surpassed 10M pure WW, but Born This Way and Telephone based on the CM estimates are just above and just below 10M respectively, so without ringtone sales maybe BTW is actually just shy of the mark.

GWR said Shallow broke the tie with Rih, Adele and Katy who have 3 each, and their entries on IFPI are:

Katy

IKAG - 5.7M (2009) - pure

Cali Girls - 6.7M (2011) - pure

Roar - 9.9M (2014) - SPS

Dark Horse 13.2M (2014) - SPS

IKAG has definitely not surpassed 10M pure without ringtones (a 2008 song <4.8M in USA), CG might be closer but also without ringtones is likely just shy of the mark, too. Firework is split between 2010/2011 sales missing Top 10, so I assume that's her third 10M+ seller (pure).

Adele:

RITD - 8.2M (2012) - pure

Hello - 12.3M (2016) - SPS

Someone Like You is absolutely over 10M pure but split between 2011/2012 it didn't make Top 10 either year, which accounts for her three.

Rihanna:

Umbrella - 6.6M (2008) - pure

Love The Way You Lie - 9.3M (2011) - pure

Stay - 7.9M (2014) - SPS

Work - 10.6M (2017) - SPS

Without ringtones, Umbrella likely isn't at 10M (it's <4.5M in USA), so the other three are Rihanna's (one of which is a feature hihi).

tenor.gif?itemid=12978138

Very accurate explanation. May I feel free to post this on ATRL to shut up some girlies? 

tenor.gif?itemid=12978138

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Deactivated 14,311

Please be respectful of peoples opinions.

I don’t see what @Delusional said anymore negative than what some of us say about others albums we dislike.

...And lets be real this time he is at least sharing his opinion instead of a silly quick gif for reacts.

Thank you for elevating yourself Delusional and expressing your opinion with the maturity I know you are capable of instead of resorting of flamebaiting gifs that add no substance. Now I understand why you are “upset” about ARTPOP’s attention.

*not that everything you said was perfect... thank you for at least using your words*

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 18,409
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Clearly you weren’t present when the LWYMMD music video dropped or when Justin went through his own timeless EDM era. 

But yes, it’s all subjective. That’s true. 

spacer.png

Sis, I was present years and years before you were ever born. I’ve seen it all. Neither of these projects by your faves comes close FOR ME to even be mentioned in the same sentence with ARTPOP but as we agreed, it’s all subjective. Now, can we move on?

• paws up 6
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Please be respectful of peoples opinions.

I don’t see what @Delusional said anymore negative than what some of us say about others albums we dislike.

...And lets be real this time he is at least sharing his opinion instead of a silly quick gif for reacts.

Thank you for elevating yourself Delusional and expressing your opinion with the maturity I know you are capable of instead of resorting of flamebaiting gifs that add no substance. Now I understand why you are “upset” about ARTPOP’s attention.

Yeah I totally agree with this. I honestly feel some of the same as @Delusional about ARTPOP and yes it underperformed the era was messy and it didn't connect. It's just as a Chartster we can be happy, we always talk about artpop horrid recurrents and the fact it never recharts... Now Gaga is in a better place in so many ways, artpop isn't tainted. She could perhaps fix it and bring up her catalogue. The streaming era + Gaga's new career phase untapping this is something to celebrate - I was apprehensive at first, but I don't believe she'll repeat ARTPOP.

Chromatica isn't getting attention because it's not in the same position, so whilst we wish that it was getting spam streamed it won't. Just enjoy it for now and relax knowing even if she does release another dated EDM album, it won't bring her to the lows of artpop. 

Britney-Daytime-Beauty-Awards.gif

• lol 1
  • love 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yeah I totally agree with this. I honestly feel some of the same as @Delusional about ARTPOP and yes it underperformed the era was messy and it didn't connect. It's just as a Chartster we can be happy, we always talk about artpop horrid recurrents and the fact it never recharts... Now Gaga is in a better place in so many ways, artpop isn't tainted. She could perhaps fix it and bring up her catalogue. The streaming era + Gaga's new career phase untapping this is something to celebrate - I was apprehensive at first, but I don't believe she'll repeat ARTPOP.

Chromatica isn't getting attention because it's not in the same position, so whilst we wish that it was getting spam streamed it won't. Just enjoy it for now and relax knowing even if she does release another dated EDM album, it won't bring her to the lows of artpop. 

I mean we can probably stop calling things dated or aged...otherwise. Yes. 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

If Chromatica got 6k boost like ARTPOP it would probably re-enter top50 :enigma:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,350

Imagine saying and thinking “ARTPOP RUINED HER CAREER” as she went on to win an Oscar, 12 GRAMMY awards, became one of the most awarded artists in VMA history, set world records, did SBHTS, Presidental inaugurations, multiple high profile performances at the Academy awards, and literally went on to soar to new heights...:icant: I could literally go on and on about how factually incorrect that whole state that  is....

sad oh no GIF by CBC

ARTPOP ruined nothing (except for the relationship between Gaga and her old team) and that rhetoric is so over dramatic 

ARTPOP slays and people still can’t realize this 8+ years down the road, how sad. Now that the master of tea has spoken can we move on? 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 5
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 16,838
9 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Imagine saying and thinking “ARTPOP RUINED HER CAREER” as she went on to win an Oscar, 12 GRAMMY awards, became one of the most awarded artists in VMA history, set world records, did SBHTS, Presidental inaugurations, multiple high profile performances at the Academy awards, and literally went on to soar to new heights...:icant: I could literally go on and on about how factually incorrect that whole state that  is....

sad oh no GIF by CBC

ARTPOP ruined nothing (except for the relationship between Gaga and her old team) and that rhetoric is so over dramatic 

ARTPOP slays and people still can’t realize this 8+ years down the road, how sad. Now that the master of tea has spoken can we move on? 

Gaga said it herself :icant:

everything she did after was to recover from the damage ARTPOP left

Pop-a-911-ster 39,350
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

After ARTPOP her career deep dived and went to a** and it took her years to rebuild it... everyone can surely agree on that. Even start of Joanne we were getting low peaks and horrendous 2-6 week chart runs. :toofunny:However her career is not still ruined. I’m not sure where you gathered this idea that someone here was saying that but no one was. All those achievements are literally part of the rebuild that happened because of the ARTPOP era :dead:

Also, before acting like the “master of tea” maybe get your facts straight before embarrassing our fanbase... Gaga is not most awarded in VMA history but all of MTV history (a positive) and since ARTPOP she’s won 7 Grammys, not 12. :dead: wouldn’t want us humiliated. 

So you admit her career wasnt ruined?  Pick one hun, and I’m sorry if you couldn’t tell that my comment was CLEARLY describing everything she’s accomplished to date since ARTPOP...

you’re really gonna argue amount the amount of GRAMMYS she’s won since then....:icant:

Tell The Truth GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825

ARTPOP really is an enigma :laughga:... The way its so devisive 8 years later, even in 2019 it reared its head... This is why I want her to 'slay the beast' as it were and release act 2. Take control of the narritive. 

4 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Gaga said it herself :icant:

everything she did after was to recover from the damage ARTPOP left

Yeah but it's like 'every curse is a blessing in disguise' something that looked so destroying in the short term literally rebirthed ha :legend:

• love 1