Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 14,819
Just now, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Wait.. didn't she say that for Chromatica too? :bigbird:

She tried and failed miserably to make "ARTPOP's little sister" with Chromatica, after all :laughga:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
5 minutes ago, danwasd said:

She tried and failed miserably to make "ARTPOP's little sister" with Chromatica, after all :laughga:

What we won't do is defend an album by trashing better, more acclaimed and grammy winning one :laughga:

ARTPOP is great, Chroamtica is even better :prideheart:

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,819
1 minute ago, Replay said:

What we won't do is defend an album by trashing better, more acclaimed and grammy winning one :laughga:

Jolene is also a grammy winning album and that doesn't make it good

E6-B591-D9-7144-4446-94-C8-7-C5-C75931834.gif

Spoiler

And, quoting yourself, what we won't do is defend an album by trashing other :arguega:

A Popster Is Born 16,283
Just now, danwasd said:

Jolene is also a grammy winning album and that doesn't make it good

Hide contents

And, quoting yourself, what we won't do is defend an album by trashing other :arguega:

I didn't trash it, I even added both are good but u were faster to reply. Just stated one is better, I didn't say artpop failed miserably tho :tea:

Jolene technically isn't grammy winning. Version that won the grammy isn't on the album :tea:

• lol 1

1 hour ago, Andreu said:

Pretty irrelevant, but I just got another Valentino SFA ad on insta and I thought this campaign had been over for months but I guess its not :elmo:

The fact that SFA isn't even top 5 streamed of the album tracks despite this commercial. 0 impact :rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

ARTPOP and Chromatica have extremely different sounds, both have big EDM influences OK but the chaotic rave vibes from one and the clean classy classic house vibes makes them totally different :whatga:

• paws up 11
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,819
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

ARTPOP and Chromatica have extremely different sounds, both have big EDM influences OK but the chaotic rave vibes from one and the clean classy classic house vibes makes them totally different :whatga:

Spill

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Gaga post ARTPOP in 2015:

“Gaga cites a 2014 career shift—specifically her jazz-standards album Cheek to Cheek with Tony Bennett—as saving her. "I felt hands lifting me," she recalled. "It was like everybody came together to try and put a star back in the sky, and they weren't going to let me down."*Now, Lady Gaga is no longer functioning as a "fashionable robot," and is only focusing on projects that make her happy. "Once you start being mindful and really going 'do I actually want that?' you start to feel empowered and you find your value," she said.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/lady-gaga-almost-quit-pop-music/amp

Clearly it wasn’t long term therapy.

Personally, if I was Gaga I wouldn’t revisit a project that made me feel like a fashionable robot. However I’m not, so all I have to say is, it ruined her career and I don’t think a hashtag and a one off 700k stream boost is going to make her want to relive that downfall. The boost was nice, hence the tweets from Ga, but I think we should all move on from ARTPOP. 

K bye for now, sunshine<3

spacer.png

I think fashionable robot was refering to time with Troy

A Popster Is Born 14,819

“Gaga cites a 2014 career shift—specifically her jazz-standards album Cheek to Cheek with Tony Bennett—as saving her. "I felt hands lifting me," she recalled. "It was like everybody came together to try and put a star back in the sky, and they weren't going to let me down."*Now, Lady Gaga is no longer functioning as a "fashionable robot," and is only focusing on projects that make her happy. "Once you start being mindful and really going 'do I actually want that?' you start to feel empowered and you find your value," she said.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/lady-gaga-almost-quit-pop-music/amp

Personally, if I was Gaga I wouldn’t revisit a project that made me feel like a fashionable robot. However I’m not, so all I have to say is, it ruined her career and I don’t think a hashtag and a one off 700k stream boost is going to make her want to relive that downfall. The boost was nice, hence the tweets from Ga, but I think we should all move on from ARTPOP. 

K bye for now, sunshine<3

spacer.png

But that's about the era, not the album itself bestie

xlWGoDG.thumb.gif.a7235fe30c384cb5bc5d29

• paws up 5

This wasn’t ARTPOP only though, ARTPOP era was only the peak part of a wider process that was going on since the beginning of her career (Troy Carter). She talks about a “career shift” indeed.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 7

A Popster Is Born 12,827
36 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Chromatica is better than artpop though :bigbird: I believe she only brings up 'artpop sister' to appease the ph4ag fans (her core base) that want our pushing 40 fave to be in that engima one piece singing Charli xcx'd  songs for eternity and getting Madonna'd, instead of having a varied career with different avenues and audiences :rip:

(hopefully that didn't offend anyone... I support this movement but it feels like Gaga can't do anything right not at anyone in general just sayin) 

Anyways... Imo all this artpop viralness reflects the starved nature of the fanbase and a symptom sad state of the 'current' era. Had we had a fully fleshed out project, artpop would have stayed forgagotten. BUT I think this is an untapped gem which could be capitalised on to fix her weakest recurrent.

Britney-Daytime-Beauty-Awards.gif

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 14,819
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

DJWS literally felt done with life submitting the album. Neither Gaga or DJWS should have to relive their experiences or memories of the album making process because you like dated EDM and put the album on loop with the volume down low for a few days. 

spacer.png

The volume down low? Sure, Jolene

Swine with blasting off speakers is a whole a** experience, ma'am

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283

If we wanted longterm boost we should have focused on making artpop tracks viral on tiktok :enigma: we need to get with the times

Look how Judas went from 70k daily to consistently doing  170k daily :enigma:

Edited by Replay

Moderator 17,129
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

DJWS literally felt done with life submitting the album. Neither Gaga or DJWS should have to relive their experiences or memories of the album making process because you like dated EDM and put the album on loop with the volume down low for a few days.

That is not your decision though. If Gaga and DJWS say that they love the album and the music they made back in 2013 then you have no right using their past trauma to further your own negative agenda against ARTPOP.

• paws up 8
  • thanks 7

A Popster Is Born 14,819
2 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

That is not your decision though. If Gaga and DJWS say that they love the album and the music they made back in 2013 then you have no right using their past trauma to further your own negative agenda against ARTPOP.

Not only that he has not right, but that it's very problematic to do so

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,416
14 minutes ago, Delusional said:

spacer.png

Honestly that dated EDM is 100% more interesting, clever, fun and entertaining than what Taylor and Justin did combined throughout their careers, so yeah. 

We could go on and on like this forever but what’s the point. You made it clear that you don’t like it, others do, I really don’t see a point in discussing this any further. 

Can’t we all just respect our own opinions? This is all subjective after all.

• paws up 7
  • love 4