Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Just now, little legend said:

Having performed DWUW instead, it would have hit top 3 on the BB even #1 :enigma: 

But maybe it's for the better she doesn't have a #1 song with R.Kelly feature

She should have performed applause and made it go #1. It was still in the top 10 during dopes top 10 week 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 14,771
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

My days of farming are over. Time to retire, guess I’ll have to rely on slinging stone cold facts like the good old days.

Oprah Retirement GIF by swerk

Time to react farm exclusively via cottage pics

200.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 7,561

Hey there! Amidst all of the ARTPOP madness, here is a non-ARTPOP post.

The last few weeks there have been a few questions regarding Shallow's position on Spotify's all-time chart (Which songs is Shallow currently outstreaming? How high can Shallow go? Which songs could overtake Shallow in the future?)

Because of this, I composed a table with the 100 all-time most streamed songs on Spotify. It includes it's current rank, as well as it's rank exactly one year ago, and the amount of streams it has gained in the past year. I also included the change in positions per song for comparison.

A few disclaimers:

• The source I used is Wikipedia's page of most streamed Spotify songs as of April 13th, 2021. I compared the list to the list of April 13th, 2020. Because the list is updated by Wikipedia's editors, these numbers might not be 100% accurate, although I'm pretty sure it almost is.
  • A few songs have entered the top 100 since April 13th last year. Because of this, I don't know how much streams these songs had at that exact date. Because of this (and because I was too lazy to Google some fan accounts), I calculated the difference between it's current number of streams and the threshold it took to reach the top 100 one year ago. Because of this, these numbers are not accurate. It's increase solely means that it gained at least those amount of streams in the past year. In reality the amount of streams it actually got is always higher
  • Keep in mind that the increase in streams in the past year is an average. Because streams fluctuate from day to day and may lose more and more average streams over time, a song's yearly streams might not reflect it's current stats. Once again, be careful with comparisons here.
  • Besides the top 100, I also listed the songs that left and entered the top 100 most streamed songs this past year. The number in parenthesis was either it's position on April 14th last year (for the songs that left), or it's current position (for the songs that entered.)
  • I also made a small, seperate list with the songs that gained the most amount of streams and compared it to Shallow.
  • I converted the lists to images because I have some issues converting tables into this site. You can open the image and zoom in in case you can't read it.

Top 100 most streamed songs as of April 13th, 2021:

Top-100-Most-streamed.png

The songs in the top 100 that got the most streams this past year:

Top-100-2020-Most-streamed-songs.png

Songs that entered and/or left the top 100 in this past year:

Top-new-songs.png

I hope this can answer some of your questions regarding Shallow.

Edited by JennyWayne
  • paws up 13
  • thanks 3
  • love 3

A Popster Is Born 16,279
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

She should have performed applause and made it go #1. It was still in the top 10 during dopes top 10 week 

It would probably still be blocked, wasn't #1 huge back then

A Popster Is Born 16,279
8 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Do we know how much ARTPOP was averaging in weekly US units? :icant:

It was doing like 2-2.5m on spotify weekly, let's say 5m in total with all platforms. If we use standard 15% that's 750k US streams which is 500 units :arguega:

Edited by Replay
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,771
7 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Hey there! Amidst all of the ARTPOP madness, here is a non-ARTPOP post.

The last few weeks there have been a few questions regarding Shallow's position on Spotify's all-time chart (Which songs is Shallow currently outstreaming? How high can Shallow go? Which songs could overtake Shallow in the future?)

Because of this, I composed a table with the 100 all-time most streamed songs on Spotify. It includes it's current rank, as well as it's rank exactly one year ago, and the amount of streams it has gained in the past year. I also included the change in positions per song for comparison.

A few disclaimers:

• The source I used is Wikipedia's page of most streamed Spotify songs as of April 13th, 2021. I compared the list to the list of April 13th, 2020. Because the list is updated by Wikipedia's editors, these numbers might not be 100% accurate, although I'm pretty sure it almost is.
  • A few songs have entered the top 100 since April 13th last year. Because of this, I don't know how much streams these songs had at that exact date. Because of this (and because I was too lazy to Google some fan accounts), I calculated the difference between it's current number of streams and the threshold it took to reach the top 100 one year ago. Because of this, these numbers are not accurate. It's increase solely means that it gained at least those amount of streams in the past year. In reality the amount of streams it actually got is always higher
  • Keep in mind that the increase in streams in the past year is an average. Because streams fluctuate from day to day and may lose more and more average streams over time, a song's yearly streams might not reflect it's current stats. Once again, be careful with comparisons here.
  • Besides the top 100, I also listed the songs that left and entered the top 100 most streamed songs this past year. The number in parenthesis was either it's position on April 14th last year (for the songs that left), or it's current position (for the songs that entered.)
  • I also made a small, seperate list with the songs that gained the most amount of streams and compared it to Shallow.
  • I converted the lists to images because I have some issues converting tables into this site. You can open the image and zoom in in case you can't read it.

Top 100 most streamed songs as of April 13th, 2021:

Top-100-Most-streamed.png

The songs in the top 100 that got the most streams this past year:

Top-100-2020-Most-streamed-songs.png

Songs that entered and/or left the top 100 in this past year:

Top-new-songs.png

I hope this can answer some of your questions regarding Shallow.

So Dula and the Gossebumps chanteuse will pass us in the long run? :bradley:

Popstanne 7,561
3 minutes ago, danwasd said:

So Dula and the Gossebumps chanteuse will pass us in the long run? :bradley:

Dua? Most likely. Although with it's insane longevity Shallow might surpass it again in the future.

As for Travis Scotts' goosebumps, probably not. I'm not sure why it got so many streams this past year (it's a 2016 song lmao) but it's currently doing the same numbers as Shallow on Spotify.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,583

iTunes WW Albums:

2    -1    Lady Gaga - ARTPOP 

If it keeps losing points at the same rate it might remain stable at #2 for some more days, unless someone big releases of course.

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1
  • sad 3

A Popster Is Born 16,279
1 minute ago, JennyWayne said:

Dua? Most likely. Although with it's insane longevity Shallow might surpass it again in the future.

As for Travis Scotts' goosebumps, probably not. I'm not sure why it got so many streams this past year (it's a 2016 song lmao) but it's currently doing the same numbers as Shallow on Spotify.

It got popular remix which boosted it

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,771
2 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

To be fair DSN feels as big as Shallow, imo, so I'm not mad

But chile at the Travis song, idk ha :katy: