Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster This Way 900

I'm really excited to see if Gaga and her team decide to actually pull the trigger on Free Woman. I don't think it has smash potential but it could be a nice sized hit if they push it right.

Could they be waiting for the Dom Perignon commercials to go nationwide? Would Gaga bother shooting a video? Would American radio even play a song by a women over 30 that talks about female empowerment?

So many unanswered question. :cupcake:

• paws up 5

Moderator 24,734
2 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Lady hybrid really withstood having a heart with bricks and strings

cry crying GIF

(16th cycle hihi)

Doing God’s work!!

:bunny:

dean winchester GIF

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 333
8 minutes ago, Ethel said:

I'm really excited to see if Gaga and her team decide to actually pull the trigger on Free Woman. I don't think it has smash potential but it could be a nice sized hit if they push it right.

Could they be waiting for the Dom Perignon commercials to go nationwide? Would Gaga bother shooting a video? Would American radio even play a song by a women over 30 that talks about female empowerment?

So many unanswered question. :cupcake:

My answer is usually 'why not?' 1.5 singles per era/album makes no sense to me (every Gaga album after BTW). Of course, it doesn't make sense they wasted the hype of early 2020, let SL / ROM / Chromatica plummet without remixes, new vinyls, pre-recorded performances, etc.

Chromatica's running out of options. Unlike a Future Nostalgia which had a continuous promo cycle: singles, MVs, performances (+ continued presence on Charts), Chromatica's been MIA for ~1 year, fallen off most major Charts, and stand-outs off the original tracklist (SC  911, SFA) have been released. They've not lifted a finger once / showed interest in extending the relevancy / success of the album, so it'd be random to force Free Woman 1 year after it was on TTH and failed to connect, but... 

It has a laidback, summer vibe (a la The Cure). Radio's become the new "streaming poison" excuse, IMO. SL and ROM did well (#11, #10) on Pop until Interscope pulled the plug. Gaga's a huge name and her songs will get airplay. But, it needs an MV, playlisting (again), etc., to make a dent on BB100 even with some AI. 

TL;DR : 911 should've been a WW single, SFA (acoustic) should've gotten FRA/ITA single treatment + digital release, and any single this summer should've been from a re-release. Dragging out an era that never began seems bizarre, and makes the remix album seem like a total longshot. Why release FW in France if new / re-worked songs are coming this year?

As I finish this, I changed my mind. Chromatica is out of options (original edition). Finally giving FW a chorus isn't a game-changer; release Sour Candy (Extended), Babylon (BC Style ft. Cardi B), or Love Me Right (ft. The Weeknd). 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,177
On 3/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, corvus albus said:

Britneys best song was slept on and didn't even reach the top 40 in the US at #43 :overit:

Another disgrace for the history books :overit:

“I don’t remember Break The Ice” 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,630

So I was in the middle of Swine during midnight, meaning 6 tracks should count for Thursday. I played Chromatica in between and I'm now re-starting the ARTPOP loop for tonight. I wish we could officially count streams for DWUW ft. Xtina

lady gaga pop GIF

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,630
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

ARTPOP is not back on AM still... yeah, this is not a glitch, Idk what happened but it’s not a glitch. I’m kinda sad about it ngl...

Surely it should have tumbled down first instead of disappearing all of a sudden everywhere? It doesn't make sense. I was checking Kworb too. Can anybody with AM confirm by checking the charts from the service itself?

lady gaga applause GIF

A Popster Is Born 14,855
15 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Surely it should have tumbled down first instead of disappearing all of a sudden everywhere? It doesn't make sense. I was checking Kworb too. Can anybody with AM confirm by checking the charts from the service itself?

lady gaga applause GIF

OUT in AM Spain, it was #15 last time available

lady gaga applause GIF

• sad 1

14 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

lady gaga applause GIF

I did. On AM Spain the album was around #15-#12. When it disappeared on Kworb, I checked on AM and it’s not there.

• paws up 1
  • sad 1