Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 18,410
18 minutes ago, bloody grammys said:

wasn't she the only one to predict Shallow going #1 after the Oscars :ohhh:

All I can remember is that HE said ROM will not win a Grammy. I still love him tho

:love:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 16,283
7 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

It depends on how they re-record the song. Currently R Kelly is listed as a songwriter so if they re-record the song "identically" (same lyrics and melodies) then R Kelly will still get songwriting royalties. If they remove the R Kelly rap part then it gets muddied. Theoretically they removed the part that R Kelly wrote, but there could be a nasty legal battle if R Kelly had a part in writing any other part of the song.

He didn't write on solo version but he somwhow got credit because of contracts or some sh!t. I guess because duet version is considered "original" so tehnicially solo one is remix of it altho it was created first. Idk if they can do something about that. But Xtina version is online so Idk

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,771

ARTPOP still rising on AM (no small countries)

Apple Music:
#4 Brazil (+3)
#11 Mexico (+3)
#20 Ireland (+5)
#23 Spain (+6)
#34 Italy (+2)
#58 United Kingdom (+10)
#80 Indonesia (+12)
#84 Thailand (+4)
#95 Netherlands (-11)
#98 Belgium (+28)
#100 Turkey (+4)
#117 Australia (+11)
#141 France (+10)

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 11,578

I think that 'releasing' Act II as somebody already said would be better as a deluxe version of ARTPOP rather than making it another album. Or eventually as an EP with like 6 songs. But deluxe seems better cause it would help with AP certs. 

I don’t think we will get anything, but there's a small possibility. 

So that's the way I would like it to be. :flutter:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,516
16 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

the way my spotify shuffled plastic doll after streaming artpop and i didn't even notice the album changed at first, truly artpops little sister :icant:

911 and plastic doll are the most ARTPOPesque songs on Chromatica

• paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 16,283
Just now, PanPikus said:

I think that 'releasing' Act II as somebody already said would be better as a deluxe version of ARTPOP rather than making it another album. Or eventually as an EP with like 6 songs. But deluxe seems better cause it would help with AP certs. 

They cleared BN, Temple and NOBTR legally and they were ready for original edition so they could at least throw these three in, and add Tea since DJWS always hypes that one

• paws up 4

1 minute ago, PanPikus said:

If she feels like releasing an EP she can do like Melanie Martinez with K-12. She uploaded the EP After School alone, and then she uploaded the K-12 - After School Edition (or sumn like that).

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, Replay said:

He didn't write on solo version but he somwhow got credit because of contracts or some sh!t. I guess because duet version is considered "original" so tehnicially solo one is remix of it altho it was created first. Idk if they can do something about that. But Xtina version is online so Idk

It is often the case that if there is a remix or a sample then all the original songwriters get credited even if their part was not included in the sample/remix. Otherwise there would constantly be ugly legal battles and it is easier to split the revenue a little bit than constantly keep fighting in courts.

Rerecording it without him would still make him lose his performer revenue, but sadly I can't see an easy way to scrub him totally off the song. 

Instead of jumping in the hype train, maybe play the entire Chromatica album + ARTPOP everyday religiously to see that you are not a fad and to be forgiven by Miss GODGa herself :ohhh:

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,578
1 minute ago, Replay said:

They cleared BN, Temple and NOBTR legally and they were ready for original edition so they could at least throw these three in, and add Tea since DJWS always hypes that one

Exactly, no need to release it physically, just add them on streaming platforms and release the new version digitally. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,751
4 minutes ago, Replay said:

Ggd thread said its recreation, is it accurate or bit different

Mess i didn’t listen before posting but it wasn’t that. The drop was full there wasn’t only instrumental.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
2 minutes ago, PanPikus said:

Exactly, no need to release it physically, just add them on streaming platforms and release the new version digitally. 

I mean physical rerelease isn't issue either, if they could rerelease it without DWUW they could it with extra tracks too

A Popster Is Born 14,819
Just now, ChromaticaOreos said:

yes how are you going to shove it up your butt if it's not released physical? some people are so selfish :billie:

giphy.gif

• love 1