Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

So many big accounts are tweeting about ARTPOP.

When the album entered the top 10 last night I didnt even think of it getting into the lower rungs of the BB200 (requires about 6k units) but now that its #2 and all this hype I need to see the Spotify numbers tomorrow.

• paws up 8

Popster for Sale 44,771

All this just goes to show that basically anything Gaga-related nowadays generates a LOT of buzz, which we sort of already knew but damn, this was unexpected. 

• paws up 5

Moderator 3,690
55 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Would R K*lly get royalties if Gaga were to re-record a solo version of DWUW? Similar to how Taylor is re-recording her catalogue.

If not then it might be worth it to re-record it lol

It depends on how they re-record the song. Currently R Kelly is listed as a songwriter so if they re-record the song "identically" (same lyrics and melodies) then R Kelly will still get songwriting royalties. If they remove the R Kelly rap part then it gets muddied. Theoretically they removed the part that R Kelly wrote, but there could be a nasty legal battle if R Kelly had a part in writing any other part of the song.

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 41,873
4 minutes ago, bloody grammys said:

bloody grammys from ggd, just made an account hihi

That avi helped a bit for me to recall

Welcome!

• paws up 1
  • love 1

1 minute ago, Ms I am a local said:

Richy posting an IG Story inciting US lm to keep on buying...

Buying it is cute but we should be focusing on US fans continuing to stream it after they buy.

• paws up 2