Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 44,768
Just now, Delusional said:

Releasing things only has positive effects in the streaming era but I think a rerelease would make more sense... 

Exactly

Unless you spend millions promoting something which ends up bombing anyway (which clearly Gaga won't) I don't see the issue, the best way to stay relevant is to release a continuous stream of things, even if they aren't meant to smash or make a lot of noise which would obviously be the case with ARTPOP act II, as it would be with Chromatica remixes or even C3C

• paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
9 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I'm terrified they're gonna see a few tweets and artpop #1 in iTunes (remember her team think iTunes is relevant still) and actually think that this is what people want and release smthn that bombs. We don't need that rn lol 

I stopped reading at "release something"

the critic GIF by Priya

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
11 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Releasing things only has positive effects in the streaming era but I think a rerelease would make more sense... 

Gaga isn't a legacy artist - releasing things is positive correct - but it's not like she's Xtina or Knee and she's feeding them Glory/Bionic lol

For an 8 year old album that wasn't a hit with the GP, does 300k daily, and is her least acclaimed album I don't think they should bother doing anything substantial - Chromatica is right there! 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

streaming ARTPOP again

giphy.gif

been streaming it the whole morning and even left it playing on repeat during my Zoom classes :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,351

Spotify Achievements (4/12/2021)

Shallow crosses 1.462b streams (1,462,313,596)

Bad Romance crosses 538m streams (538,270,405)

Poker Face crosses 517m streams (517,255,204)

INLA (Film) crosses 232m streams (232,037,544)

John Wayne crosses 84m streams (84,018,524)

La Vie En Rose crosses 57m streams (57,025,765)

Free Woman crosses 48m streams (48,007,925)

Starstruck crosses 34m streams (34,009,614)

Highway Unicorn crosses 11m streams (11,000,005)

tumblr_n56wccnHqS1sronnqo1_500.gif

Babylon is now Gaga's 49th (+1) most-streamed track, surpassing Teeth

Do What U Want ft. Xtina is now Gaga's 100th (+1) most-streamed track, surpassing her Tony duet: The Lady Is A Tramp

• paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 12,825
16 minutes ago, Delusional said:

301k daily - how could you forget the collective POPa911 streaming party that happened a couple hours ago? :icant:

But yeah facts. They won’t do anything for this album. 

It's not that I want to be a party popper @ChromaticaOreos i guess that it was a bad era for me too as a fan and its revisiting smthn that wasn't great :katy: especially when we have Chromatica which doesn't have any of these... Shall we say... Bad 'aura' around it. Remember Gaga changed massively after that era, we didn't get a pop for years. Alls I'm saying is I can see both sides of the coin. I just hope nothing would backfire after all the hard work she put it cancelling out the bad PR and critics hating her. 

I just think it really says something the fanbase are focusing so much on this when she's literally supposed to have released the project to avenge artpop :gaga-scream:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

I think that the chance of us actually getting some songs from Act II is really-really small, but I don't understand why some of you are complaining. Releasing some songs, even if they're only for the fans, would help her streaming + she wouldn't fall out of the top 10 streamed females list. Y'all are always  thirsty for new material, but when there's a small chance of actually getting something, you start complaining and acting as if it's a bad thing if she releases something for the fans.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1