Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 12,831
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Releasing 4 lead single until one wotks is for artists with no artistic integrity I fear so not for Gaga :oops:

yeah... back when SL was happening and there were daily arguments, it was a point brought up: Other artists would;ve had a SL and released other songs until one stuck, or gone into hiding to re-build hype and drop something very thought out. GODGA said 'here i am!' and dropped her lead with tenacity

sv4VPG1.gif

Gaga could have actually squeezed another 2nd single in-between SL and ROM (for the sake of ROM being a surefire hit later on) but then if it pulled 5-OUT again it wouldn't have looked good so what we got was better I guess. 

Edited by Thrasher
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
23 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

So, Katy Perry with her droplet era?

I feel like it was a different scenario. Daisies was clearly the lead single, but they added a song that was intended to be a random droplet because it had good numbers. Katy Perry never announced NRO as the launch of a new era, actually iirc she specifically said she wanted to release random songs through 2019 that were not tied to any album. So it's a different situation to the artists that release on lead single, it flops, and then another ones etc and leave the original lead out of the actual album. Not saying it's any better tho.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,855
32 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Releasing 4 lead single until one wotks is for artists with no artistic integrity I fear so not for Gaga :oops:

Gaga's more of no releasing at all, wbk

sv4VPG1.gif

• paws up 2
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 14,855
Just now, Delusional said:

This is why it makes me laugh when Katy Kats say NRO is the bigger lead single than Stupid Love. NRO wasn’t the lead and even Katy said so!! :icant: It was just slapped on for the streams.

TC lead of Jolene, wbk

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Inna gets her fourth #1 single in her home country romania this week :oscar: SEVEN years after her latest chart topping single :oscar:

Inna's current single Flashbacks has reached the #1 on the Romanian singles chart (which is based off radio, but they don't have a consumption chart so we have to take this one as a reference).

Flashbacks also reached #3 in Russia last week, becoming Inna's first top 3 since Sun Is Up in 2011. It also hit #1 on the russian dance charts. And is currently the 55th most shazamed song WW.

I can't say I am a big fan of this song or her latest album, but she hadn't had such a big hit in years so I am very happy for her because I actually thought she would never get any more.

Full press note on the spoiler:

Spoiler

INNA’s latest single “Flashbacks” is number 1 on the radio în România, on 3rd place in Russia and on #55 in Shazam Global

e2243d83-f8b9-4341-b334-0e83dd1b69ce.png

INNA’s latest single “Flashbacks” is number 1 on the radio în România, on 3rd place in Russia and on #55 in Shazam Global.

The song written and produced by Marco and Seba, Alex Cotoi, David Ciente, Minelli and INNA surpassed 11 million views on YouTube and is climbing the charts as follows: 1 on TV in Bulgaria for 4 weeks in a row, on 23 on radio in Turkey, on number 3 in Radio in Russia and on 1 in Dance charts Russia.

Regarding Shazam, “Flashbacks” got to the highest position until now #55 and it surpassed 585 000 shazams. The artist went live on TikTok for her fans in Turkey and it reached 110 000 views.

The song is part of the album “Heartbreaker” that includes 10 songs written and produced during Dance Queen’s House session. The artist isolated herself in a house for 3 weeks with the best producers and songwriters Marco &Seba, Alex Cotoi, David Ciente and Minelli and worked with them for the album that it’s released on INNA’s YouTube channel.

The tracklist includes ”Maza Jaja”, ”Heartbreaker”, ”One Reason”, ”Flashbacks”, ”You and I”, ”Beautiful Lie”, ”Gucci Balenciaga”, ”Sunset Dinner” and ”Thicky”. You can check the album here!

Edited by Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
15 minutes ago, Delusional said:

This is why it makes me laugh when Katy Kats say NRO is the bigger lead single than Stupid Love. NRO wasn’t the lead and even Katy said so!! :icant: It was just slapped on for the streams.

It's funny how they went to "it did OK for droplet with no commercial pretentions" to "Smile's SMASH lead single" once they so the subsequent singles did infinitely worse. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,855

Dula Lipa stomping on other girlies

2L7Ursg.gif

Lowkey screaming at the mess DWTDTAOSO sounds like, the new WWAFA, WDWG?

2L7Ursg.gif

• paws up 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,855
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Justin stomping on everyone 

Justin Bieber Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

His album came out literally less than a month ago, tho

2L7Ursg.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Weeks Bad Bunny has spent at #1 in Spain

2017 3 weeks with 2 songs

2018 6 weeks with 2 song

2019 7 weeks with 2 songs

2020 14 weeks with 5 songs

2021 2 weeks with 1 song

TOTAL: 32 weeks with 11 songs

Music Video Dancing GIF by Bad Bunny

A Popster Is Born 18,466
10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the filming of HoG was going to finish April 10th, and it looks like this is what happened

They’re still filming apparently.

• paws up 2