Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 44,755

@Ms I am a local would you be so kind to help me understand how is Bubblegum b.tch doing so well on Spotify? I'm assuming it's a viral trend on tiktok but I want to know how big it is vs. how much is people just reacting positively to the song and wanting to actively hear it

Thank u sis :prideheart:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

Welp not 200k likes in a hour for this new bop 

The music industry 

Level of Concern was a bop too back in quarantine 

Glad to see a fellow TOP fan on this site! I managed to see them live a few years ago and it was honestly one of the most fun concerts I’ve been to.  

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 162
6 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

I hate Stanning for a business woman only these days

she already was a big one in the past but nowadays she’s only that and nothing else chile can’t wait for her second big film aka Gucci 

I think this is the reason why she doesn’t engage with fans. I’m not trying to be b*chy. But like…. It’s this right here. She’s posting these things because of contracts. The wine is related to chromatica obvi which is why she delayed it this far. 
Summer rerelease is imminent it’s pretty much obvious. Why else would she drop the new Vinyl? And new merch? Something is coming, but the impatience is why she just doesn’t talk to us

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

@Ms I am a local would you be so kind to help me understand how is Bubblegum b.tch doing so well on Spotify? I'm assuming it's a viral trend on tiktok but I want to know how big it is vs. how much is people just reacting positively to the song and wanting to actively hear it

Thank u sis :prideheart:

Ok, so I've been investigating for a bit. There was a TikTok trend, yes, but that was months ago... Maybe the trend is coming back (although I checked a few of the most popular videos and they were all released on January 2021 or on 2020).

EDIT: I just found another viral sound with more recent popular videos, so maybe this is what is causing the sudden rise of streams. It has 179,1k videos as of now. I can check it tomorrow if you want.

As of now (in total), the song has a viral sound (1M) + Other viral sound (current trend) + 2 official uploads = +1,2M videos

I'd need to see the amount of videos/day that it's getting to really get how big it is as of now.

THEORY:

The recurrent streams increased because of the first trend that ended around January 2021 and now it's seeing a "2nd wind" thanks to the current trend (again, I'll have to check if that's really the reason). Maybe because of these "big" trends, more BIG accounts have played the song on their TikToks (making a large audience hear it). Maybe this have caused TikTok to be more familiar with the song, therefore more willing to stream it since they have heard it multiple times already. OR due to the "1st wind" of the song, it got better playlisting on Spotify already, which all combined and caused it to do good numbers now.

TikTok is sometimes random. I guess Marina's song has more appeal to TikTok audience and is more known to the audience of TikTok because she got viral not too long ago, with the same song, creating some sort of "supporters" or "fanbase" on the app. Melanie's Play Date got really big because of a trend, but it was more understandable, since she appeals to that audience and it wasn't the first time Melanie got viral there.

Sorry for making such a long post. In reality I'm assuming the 95% of everything I just said, so you can't take my word as the truth, but yeah, I try my best to understand it :)

Have a nice day BESTEA!

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
10 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Ok, so I've been investigating for a bit. There was a TikTok trend, yes, but that was months ago... Maybe the trend is coming back (although I checked a few of the most popular videos and they were all released on January 2021 or on 2020).

EDIT: I just found another viral sound with more recent popular videos, so maybe this is what is causing the sudden rise of streams. It has 179,1k videos as of now. I can check it tomorrow if you want.

As of now (in total), the song has a viral sound (1M) + Other viral sound (current trend) + 2 official uploads = +1,2M videos

I'd need to see the amount of videos/day that it's getting to really get how big it is as of now.

THEORY:

The recurrent streams increased because of the first trend that ended around January 2021 and now it's seeing a "2nd wind" thanks to the current trend (again, I'll have to check if that's really the reason). Maybe because of these "big" trends, more BIG accounts have played the song on their TikToks (making a large audience hear it). Maybe this have caused TikTok to be more familiar with the song, therefore more willing to stream it since they have heard it multiple times already. OR due to the "1st wind" of the song, it got better playlisting on Spotify already, which all combined and caused it to do good numbers now.

TikTok is sometimes random. I guess Marina's song has more appeal to TikTok audience and is more known to the audience of TikTok because she got viral not too long ago, with the same song, creating some sort of "supporters" or "fanbase" on the app. Melanie's Play Date got really big because of a trend, but it was more understandable, since she appeals to that audience and it wasn't the first time Melanie got viral there.

Sorry for making such a long post. In reality I'm assuming the 95% of everything I just said, so you can't take my word as the truth, but yeah, I try my best to understand it :)

Have a nice day BESTEA!

Thank you for this! This is really interesting and it makes sense because it's already her most popular song and has been having really good recurrents for a while (my boyfriend who follows a Marina fanpage told me a few weeks ago they where talking about the song crossing 100M and it's already at 128M). I'm guessing that like you said the song is just really clicking with the TikTok community since it is rising very fast and will therefore keep reappearing in trends (just like it has) and be listened to because people just like it that much. But let's see.

• paws up 1

9 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Thank you for this! This is really interesting and it makes sense because it's already her most popular song and has been having really good recurrents for a while (my boyfriend who follows a Marina fanpage told me a few weeks ago they where talking about the song crossing 100M and it's already at 128M). I'm guessing that like you said the song is just really clicking with the TikTok community since it is rising very fast and will therefore keep reappearing in trends (just like it has) and be listened to because people just like it that much. But let's see.

EDIT 2: I found 2 other viral sounds with another 256,7k and 112k videos (some being quite recent videos, lots of VERY KNOWN accounts on the TikTok community).

EDIT 3: Another one with 80k videos.

Yeah, I keep on finding other viral sounds with solid numbers... yeah, this has been/probably still is around everyone's TikTok... It just clicked with the audience of the app I believe. This is probably a Judas situation that was already high on Mary Jane Holland (:billie:), on steroids that was able to be liked by TikTok's audience.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
7 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

EDIT 2: I found 2 other viral sounds with another 256,7k and 112k videos (some being quite recent videos, lots of VERY KNOWN accounts on the TikTok community).

EDIT 3: Another one with 80k videos.

Yeah, I keep on finding other viral sounds with solid numbers... yeah, this has been/probably still is around everyone's TikTok... It just clicked with the audience of the app I believe. This is probably a Judas situation that was already high on Mary Jane Holland (:billie:), on steroids that was able to be liked by TikTok's audience.

Yeah it screams TikTok viralness so I'm not surprised. It's a song with a lot of personality.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's spotify update brings us.

Thank you!

• hugs 1