Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 16,282
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

omg apparently it's coming out this summer according to a random person on the internet with a lana del rey picture

Hide contents

must be true

They are realible

Popster to Popster 4,833
2 minutes ago, Replay said:

But even chromatica wasn't supposed to be like this. Post pandemic pop era won't look like this. I know era was frustrating but we need to look at wider picture. 

Yeah I'm sure her next eras will be promoted and not like this, it might not be heavily promoted but I'm sure we are going to see her perform and other stuff. For example if her intention was from the beginning to make Chromatica look like this then I would have agreed with everything else but since this was not what she planned then I don't really agree, at the end of the day she's a hard worker and she loves to do a lot of projects.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,282

Some of the gigs she was supposed to do according to her team and realible insiders 

BBMAs
iHeart Music Awards
Olympics
Coachella
Apple Music Concert
We Will Survive
KIIS FM Jingle Ball
Z100 Jingle Ball

Edited by Replay
  • sad 8

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379
9 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

THIS JUST IN: Babylonhooker posted on GGD saying the movie with the Gaga song is "Top Gun"

just like she was supposed to fight multiple versions of herself at the 911 video?

Just like Sour candy was definitely coming?

Just like Babylon EV was going to be the background music for the champagne ad?

EsMVg_DWMAEKfSK.thumb.jpg.9bed7130468410

• lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 29,701
3 minutes ago, donatellab said:

It makes me so sad how huge Chromatica was supposed to be

She would’ve really ruled the world :bradley:

The final phase of the era will be the cancelation of the tour coming in the upcoming weeks 💓⚔️

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,701

God help me 😭😭😭 the way I’m not excited by that ad seriously I’ve a problem it disappoints me so much that I’m not excited idk what happened but something « broke » in my Stan card chile 😭

• hugs 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,823
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

God help me 😭😭😭 the way I’m not excited by that ad seriously I’ve a problem it disappoints me so much that I’m not excited idk what happened but something « broke » in my Stan card chile 😭

You probably prefer the HAC Lady side and not the Gaga side 

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,311

The way I LITERALLY came here to tag admin to demand that we switch out the Nas horses for Gaga Champagne for the “like”

...and it was already done....thank you very much, truly an incredible @admin

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• paws up 6
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,837
26 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Also I’d like to add its kind of sad that clearly one of Gaga’s favourite songs on the album is Free Woman yet majority of fans slander it :rip:

She also loved A-YO aka one of the worst songs on Joanne :mess:

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,238
14 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

well, we all want some content for music, and we didnt have that since 911 MV, and this era is the worst ever...only good part of this era is  when she announces Rain on me and first day of chromatica, she was all the time online...all other thing she left after two days....i'm not even excited for gucci movie.

• paws up 5
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,311

LONG POST (DON’T CARE)

Honestly lookin back on Chromatica era the lack of content and communication with Gaga really stinks and is obviously extremely unfortunate...

WITH THAT BEING SAID....without barely lifting a single finger Gaga had a pretty successful 2020. She added another platinum top 5 hit to her already ICONIC discography...she got another multi platinum #1 iconic pop collab with Ariana. Chromatica also went on to become her HIGHEST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ALBUM.

She added another #1 US/UK album which is shortly going to go platinum adding another platinum album to her discography. Her streaming numbers were incredible and up there with some of the BEST streaming artists, the album is on its way to 2B streams by early 2022.

Award wise, she added 5 VMA awards to her cabinet becoming the 3RD MOST AWARDED ARIST in VMA history :oscar: in addition to becoming the first TRICON winner. Regardless of your thoughts of the VMAs it was literally her night. 

After all the doubt she added another GRAMMY to her cabinet, becoming a 12x winner and tied for 9TH MOST AWARDED female in GRAMMY history :oscar:

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

• paws up 11
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 44,722
1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

LONG POST (DON’T CARE)

Honestly lookin back on Chromatica era the lack of content and communication with Gaga really stinks and is obviously extremely unfortunate...

WITH THAT BEING SAID....without barely lifting a single finger Gaga had a pretty successful 2020. She added another platinum top 5 hit to her already ICONIC discography...she got another multi platinum #1 iconic pop collab with Ariana. Chromatica also went on to become her HIGHEST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ALBUM.

She added another #1 US/UK album which is shortly going to go platinum adding another platinum album to her discography. Her streaming numbers were incredible and up there with some of the BEST streaming artists, the album is on its way to 2B streams by early 2022.

Award wise, she added 5 VMA awards to her cabinet becoming the 3RD MOST AWARDED ARIST in VMA history :oscar: in addition to becoming the first TRICON winner. Regardless of your thoughts of the VMAs it was literally her night. 

After all the doubt she added another GRAMMY to her cabinet, becoming a 12x winner and tied for 9TH MOST AWARDED female in GRAMMY history :oscar:

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

It really was an year full off ADDing stuff, a lot of ADDitions going on for sure. :billiecat:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 333
4 hours ago, Doncho said:

She also loved A-YO aka one of the worst songs on Joanne :mess:

Is it? :gaga-scream: That album / era is so hard to reimagine even as a little manager; Diamond Heart > Million Reasons is a solid album I've come to enjoy and the era, too, has aged well. Now we're a few years removed, I'm able to filter the -- at least, IMO -- fluff of it being an "authentic" / "back to roots" record, and appreciate it as an abridged Gaga era that got her from ARTPOP > ASIB without much friction.

Had she not pretended she was a country gal at heart, and went harder with the singles (more John Wayne MV vibes), and the aesthetic (more Joanne (PV) MV / Alan Carr Show vibes... 2010s flower girl... vs. the MR MV look which was, umm..), it would've felt more permanent.

You don't think A-YO + Joanne as a double lead / staggered release in late July could've done well across both Top 40 / HAC? I don't LOVE A-YO, but the performances were fun and the song was 1 of few on the album that stood a shot at being a successful single.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,837
21 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Is it? :gaga-scream: That album / era is so hard to reimagine even as a little manager; Diamond Heart > Million Reasons is a solid album I've come to enjoy and the era, too, has aged well. Now we're a few years removed, I'm able to filter the -- at least, IMO -- fluff of it being an "authentic" / "back to roots" record, and appreciate it as an abridged Gaga era that got her from ARTPOP > ASIB without much friction.

Had she not pretended she was a country gal at heart, and went harder with the singles (more John Wayne MV vibes), and the aesthetic (more Joanne (PV) MV / Alan Carr Show vibes... 2010s flower girl... vs. the MR MV look which was, umm..), it would've felt more permanent.

You don't think A-YO + Joanne as a double lead / staggered release in late July could've done well across both Top 40 / HAC? I don't LOVE A-YO, but the performances were fun and the song was 1 of few on the album that stood a shot at being a successful single.

I loved the era too! It was great. I disliked the videos though (JW being the best one but still flawed). I think A-YO would BOMB as a single. A PI/SL vibe :katy_pie:

I feel like MR was the only good choice for a single