Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 57,446

Spotify March 30th:

The Fame(Monster) : 2,787,843,544 (+2,265,114)
A Star Is Born : 3,495,398,451 (+2,140,508)
Chromatica : 1,477,460,950 (+1,985,455) *+25k compared to last week*
Born This Way : 977,254,819 (+735,764)
Joanne : 1,196,634,140 (+458,465)
ARTPOP : 770,629,782 (+320,934)
Cheek to Cheek : 108,805,690 (+38,263)
  • paws up 13
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 18,446
11 minutes ago, donatellab said:

at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he said that just to annoy us :icant:

Actually, same. And tbh many people said it does look a like a Chromatica look and it was shot months ago so him tagging it Chromatica might really be irrelevant. Let’s wait and see.

A Popster Is Born 11,934

So Gaga announced this "film" with more anticipation than 911 music video :icant:

The visuals will be a slay, I can already imagine. Another ad delivering better visuals than her videos? Stay tuned :enigma:

Pop-a-911-ster 22,810
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

So Gaga announced this "film" with more anticipation than 911 music video :icant:

The visuals will be a slay, I can already imagine. Another ad delivering better visuals than her videos? Stay tuned :enigma:

the way all of the Chromatica era MVs have been paid sponsorships :icant:

and now she will deliver a high budget film for a campaign but her lead single was filmed on an iPhone :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 5

A Popster Is Born 11,934
Just now, donatellab said:

the way all of the Chromatica era MVs have been paid sponsorships :icant:

and now she will deliver a high budget film for a campaign but her lead single was filmed on an iPhone :icant:

Cant wait for C3C lead single sponsored by McDonalds :katy:

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 11,590
28 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Well Nick Knight confirmed working on both photoshoot and music video last year. So definitely some music involved. 

Did he though? 

21 minutes ago, donatellab said:

at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he said that just to annoy us :icant:

The new Bloodpop wbk :katy:

Popster for Sale 41,933
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I have 0 hype for this new commercial honestly 

why the hell would they announce a new jazz record coming, Gucci era etc. and then drop all of this NOW 

we were ready to move ON. Now they are gonna drop Chromatica related content and then ditch the era again?

it’s such a messy move  :rip: it’s like we are in 3 eras at the same time

She’s a TRICON for a reason, Malinda

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,429
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

why the hell would they announce a new jazz record coming, Gucci era etc. and then drop all of this NOW 

we were ready to move ON. Now they are gonna drop Chromatica related content and then ditch the era again?

Dom Perignon spent millions on this campaign, not to mention Gaga has already signed a 2 year contract with them. Did you want them to drop a luxury champagne campaign in the middle of the pandemic last year? :katy:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,429
Just now, Delusional said:

As far as i’m aware this campaign targets literally 0 of her main fanbase unlike Oreos. Who is spending hundreds on champagne in this fanbase?

Maybe you need to do your research then. Dom Perignon has been the official drink partner for Gaga’s Vegas residency ever since it started. All the guests at the jazz show drink champagne from Dom. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,810
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

well we don’t know for sure if this is Chromatica related, but it was planned for fall at first, when the era was still somewhat alive. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, and why they postponed it exactly, but she is obligated to release it. Even if it isn’t Chromatica related, we will still get amazing visuals and content. Maybe even something to track on Youtube/Spotify if it’s music related.

And technically we aren’t in the jazz era yet, since Gaga hasn’t officially announced anything. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
3 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

.....:katy: with less than 300M Spotify streams and barely scanning Platinum in the US can someone tell me how SL is even close to 3.7M copies?

what is this 1.3M other?

• Digital sales ~ 280.000
  • Physical sales – 10.000
  • Spotify (242M/150) - 1.610.000
  • YouTube (161M/350) - 460.000 
  • Others (~ 207M/150) - 1.390.000

Total ~ 3.750.000

Others: Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal, etc.

! This is basically Chartmasters methodology, the only difference is that they use 1.175 views = 1 single unit.