Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 23,272
5 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Does anyone know what Shallow's best single day on Spotify was? After the Oscars right? Probably did like 7m-8m right, but then just had really high average daily streams forever lol

5,451,577 on the chart and 5,692,296 on the counter.

• paws up 5
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Does anyone know what Shallow's best single day on Spotify was? After the Oscars right? Probably did like 7m-8m right, but then just had really high average daily streams forever lol

Shallow never had a huge peak but it's longevity was just insane. In Sweden for example it's not even in the top 100 for biggest daily stream but the song has the 3rd longest time at #1 of all time on spotify Sweden :oscar:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Shallow never had a huge peak but it's longevity was just insane. In Sweden for example it's not even in the top 100 for biggest daily stream but the song has the 3th longest time at #1 of all time on spotify Sweden :oscar:

That's what I thought, since it wouldn't be the 27th most streamed song of all time without amazing longevity :oscar:

Popster for Sale 44,888
34 minutes ago, Artur said:

ROM's Monday update two weeks ago was +779.486. Grammys boost lasting longer than expected! :dragon:

coult it be that some bts stans became quite enamored with the song and are listening in secret? :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 4

Popstanne 7,917
14 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Shallow never had a huge peak but it's longevity was just insane. In Sweden for example it's not even in the top 100 for biggest daily stream but the song has the 3rd longest time at #1 of all time on spotify Sweden :oscar:

True. Just compare it to 7 rings. It topped the Spotify charts for like 8 weeks (with record breaking numbers at the time) meanwhile Shallow only peaked at #3 for 2 weeks. Shallow just had more and better longevity, hence why it has passed 7 rings in total streams last year.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,888
5 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

it just fell out of the top 200 so probably 600k-700k/day 

spacer.png

edit: it didn't though :bradley:

180 Stuck with U (with Justin Bieber) by Ariana Grande 753,597

at least it's below ROM

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,888
1 minute ago, little legend said:

I hope i will be alive the day Marry The Night reached 100m . That would be really a historic day

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Her Magnum Opus, too good for the simple minds of the populace 

• yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 12,831
29 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

13 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

True. Just compare it to 7 rings. It topped the Spotify charts for like 8 weeks (with record breaking numbers at the time) meanwhile Shallow only peaked at #3 for 2 weeks. Shallow just had more and better longevity, hence why it has passed 7 rings in total streams last year.

A good example of that is ROM performing better on AM/Spotify in the UK vs Shallow for however many weeks, but then falling off the chart much earlier. Also everyone used to say 7 rings was a lot bigger, and that Shallow would never outstream it or Havana. 

Shallow also took ages to peak in some countries, it didn't peak  until after Christmas in a lot of WW charts and tended to just hang around in the top 20/30. I think in one country it was a talent show performance that helped it reach a high peak

Basically it was like a very strong slow burn that carried on going which pulled it over the songs that had the bigger debuts at the time - which tends to be the hallmark of a ballad tbh. 

• paws up 1

Just now, little legend said:

I hope i will be alive the day Marry The Night reached 100m . That would be really a historic day

Just 2 more years :laughga:
Expected to hit 100,000,000 on: 2023/06/02 

When MTN hits 100m, every video of hers that was a single will have passed 100m :oscar:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 5

Popster for Sale 44,888
Just now, artgagapop said:

Just 2 more years :laughga:
Expected to hit 100,000,000 on: 2023/06/02 

When MTN hits 100m, every video of hers that was a single will have passed 100m :oscar:

And her best video will be her last to reach it :billie:

Meanwhile Million Reasons is on its way to 300M :icant:

I swear half of MTN views are mine, a few years ago I would watch it weekly because of how inspiring and profound I thought it was 

Popster for Sale 44,888

Top comment on the MR video:

«I dont think she's recognized enough for the immense artistry she weaves every time she opens her heart and shares her vision with us.»

Even on her worst video, the GP really fell under her spell. :icant:

On ROM it's just essays of BTS stans apologizing for the behaviour of the fanbase. :icant:

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 2
  • lol 7

Moderator 24,725
2 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

Gaga´s Spotify update:

Just Dance - 378.104.104 (+411.271)

Poker Face - 511.305.243 (+450.314)

ARUTW  - 577.387.356 (+475.199)

Bad Romance  - 531.725.628 (+496.417)

Rain On Me  - 563.208.358 (+841.218) [+87k more than yesterday]

Shallow  - 1.449.125.405 (+973.060)