Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

6 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I wonder if maybe they just see no potential in her singles anymore? 

Imagine not seeing the potential in songs like ARUTW and SC that are already bigger then many of her actual singles :icant: 

Edited by artgagapop
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 14,850
1 minute ago, Thrasher said:

Fun fact: Gaga has still more singles released between 2008-11 than between 2012-now :icant:

no negativity on this site, thank you so much Exb0symXAAAM11f?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

:bradley:

Edited by danwasd

A Popster Is Born 12,830
18 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I wonder if maybe they just see no potential in her singles anymore? 

I think albums in the streaming era are very strategically planned before hand. Gaga for ASIB/Chromatica basically gave her best tracks out all at once to sell the album vs. Starting the era long before release like Dua and The Weeknd and stunting singles.

They may not have seen SC as its own single, but it still could've had its moment getting a visual not long after Chromatica release and thus maximising its precarious TTH position. Also, it's hard to get a post album single going because by the time one has burnt out the other has also lost its playlisting. However she could definitely the deluxe trick and add a new song as a single. Streaming era seems all based on timing and momentum, its just not Gaga's thing lol 

• paws up 1

22 hours ago, Ms I am a local said:

GIRLIES! THRE IS A TIKTOK EMERGENCY 🚨 A Paparazzi trend MAY be coming back!

Paparazzi TikTok Trend

87,3k videos (NEW)

I’ll keep an eye on it!

Reveal hidden contents

TikTok Trend Paparazzi - 22h update

93,1k videos (+5,8k)

Flopping, just like its creator Miss GaGa. I’ll give it a chance tho but as of now, I don’t think this will go far :enigma:

Sad Mood GIF by Cat's Cafe Comics

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,625
1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Not OGHs saying Gaga is fighting for scraps as if Chromatica aint pulling 2M daily, and Shallow/ASIB ain't smashing, and Gaga ain't in top 10 female for daily streams :rip:

Truly can't argue with crazy

NlzQ.gif

Edited by DeanClownchester
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Just now, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think albums in the streaming era are very strategically planned before hand. Gaga for ASIB/Chromatica basically gave her best tracks out all at once to sell the album vs. Starting the era long before release like Dua and The Weeknd and stunting singles.

They may not have seen SC as its own single, but it still could've had its moment getting a visual not long after Chromatica release and thus maximising its precarious TTH position. Also, it's hard to get a post album single going because by the time one has burnt out the other has also lost its playlisting. However she could definitely the deluxe trick and add a new song as a single. Streaming era seems all based on timing and momentum, its just not Gaga's thing lol 

There are quite many recent examples of post album singles good though, so it's still doable even in the streaming era. Watermelon sugar, Golden, Levitating, Save your years, Streets etc

A Popster Is Born 12,830
13 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

There are quite many recent examples of post album singles good though, so it's still doable even in the streaming era. Watermelon sugar, Golden, Levitating, Save your years, Streets etc

(Although I'm not excusing the lack of singles btw lol) It is possible but I do think its harder, I personally don't know of songs re-added to TTH after leaving when put on for the purpose of release week. It seems you have to tempt Spotify to do it in some way. The MV for 911 was healthy but wasn't enough. 

I think Streets went viral on Tiktok - Levitating had a DaBaby remix, and in terms of actual post album singles w/ no changes to the original re Dua, she had 'Hallucinate' but it did poorly tbh. 

Fine Line and AHs are crazily successful so there's demand, especially with younger arists that have a payola machine vs. Chromatica that started nose diving after 3/4 weeks. I think she'd be better either stunting the smash single before album release or adding it later via deluxe 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,830
8 minutes ago, danwasd said:

She looks gorgeous :love:

Exl4hceXMAQ7XXV?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

Even if it weren't to get smash hits, post-album releases should at least give the album and previous singles some longevity

A flop single always averages higher than the rest. With JW and 911 they did a MV and added it to AM playlists and by just putting the toe in they pushed the album streams without having it bomb as a full single (GUY), or eat into MR/ROM radio plays. How ever it seems like they had no plans to do it again for other tracks. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
1 hour ago, artgagapop said:

the fact that we haven't had a post album release single in 8 years and even with that one Gaga had to pay for the mv herself and the song got no promo. Her last fully supported post album single being Marry the Night 10 years ago :mess:

and look how it went :mess:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
13 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Even if it weren't to get smash hits, post-album releases should at least give the album and previous singles some longevity

yeah this. Even just video

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,886

I can't believe Montero CMBYN is stabilizing at 11M views. Due to the fact that the views for the MV kept growing into it's third day I'm expecting it to remain stable on Spotify tomorrow, maybe even growing a little (which would be insane for a Sunday update) but let's see. Definitely not seeing a steep drop. 

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,022
x3
17 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Jason Derulo expecting a baby

was low-key hoping it would be happening with Gags because I ship - but we stan anyway

It’ll probably be born in a tik tok video too

spacer.png

I am watching Jason Derulo right now on the TV. I am watching the greek Survivor and Jason Derulo is performing here. So random

Edited by little legend
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
21 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:
A flop single always averages higher than the rest. With JW and 911 they did a MV and added it to AM playlists and by just putting the toe in they pushed the album streams without having it bomb as a full single (GUY), or eat into MR/ROM radio plays. How ever it seems like they had no plans to do it again for other tracks. 

I think they did but it ended up in cancelled folder along with all other plans and ideas from the past.