Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Popster for Sale 57,446
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Allat promo and for what

Well it's really not bad for today's standards for female dance pop + it's only peaking now after 1 year meaning that the previous promo (especially the Grammys) is paying off now

It'll easily end up at 2xPlatinum 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
37 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Literally, why? What is the actual harm in;

• Designing an FYC ad / single art in Photoshop
  • Writing an FYC for both Spotify and Radio playlisting
  • Writing a press release, social media posts, descriptions, etc.
  • Pre-recording soundbites / video of Gaga discussing mental health, its influence on Chromatica / Replay, and why awareness is important during COVID
  • Coordinating production and release of physical singles + all promo assets

Other than MV / physical singles, $ is minimal and would be recouped by the impact of another single. No matter what you say about dance-pop/Radio, stations are STILL playing songs like Levitating, K&Q, and even MHMH enough for them to Chart. Gaga is a big name who'd generate much higher initial streams vs. someone like Ava Max; you don't think 1) stations would give Replay a few spins, and 2) it couldn't perform as well as a MHMH?

• YT + Spotify Increase >> Chromatica back onto the Charts in most countries (isn't there a rule in the UK where the streams of the top 2 tracks are weighted down?).
  • Buzz from MV + Mental Health + Gaga >> decent Ai for a few weeks.
  • Streams + AI >> Replay Charts (low peak) for ~3-6 weeks; even if the exposure doesn't lead to increase in streaming + stability (for ~16-20 week run), that'd give the album another track w/ 911+ recurrents.

Yes, it'd be random to release a 3rd single 10m after the 2nd, and this entire strategy would've been much smarter for 911. As I've posted, had they done the bare minimum then, 911 would've had a similar/better run as Golden (#54 peak, 20-week run, peaked below Top 10 on Radio).

Regardless of sub-genre, 911 would've certainly pulled Golden #s, which would've been solid for a 3rd (solo) single and kept LG6 alive. Also, 911 / Replay are top-quality songs that have inspired lyrics and message that'd only help promote the brand Gaga is building at this point. 

Replay is from a 10 month old album.. It wouldn't be given a launch on TTH/HHUK unless it was updated and launched as a new song. Even if it did it wouldn't be placed in the top 10 immediately - we literally saw what happened with 911, they even sent it to radio in Europe countries and only Italy picked it up, but no playlisting followed :ohhh: at least it stabilised its streams by 60k+ tho 

I mean its cute that you think these fan favourite tracks off an album that stopped charting everywhere weeks ago can compete with 20 year old Ava and Dua's remixes/brand new deluxe tracks, but I'm not seeing it. I mean we saw what happened with an Ariana Grande collab - it bombed callouts and was pulled after 12 weeks - that had the MOST potential. 

There's just no singles left on Chromatica - especially not if SC is out the equation :dean_scream:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,473

March Daily Streams

Week 1 — 58.88M

Week 2 — 58.24M

Week 3 — 57.35M

Day 22 — 7.82M

Day 23 — 8.04M

Day 24 — 8.17M

Total — 198.5M

2020 vs 2021 Monthly Streams

Jan 20/21 — 175.1M / 247.81M (+72.71M)

Feb 20/21 — 180M / 234.92M (+54.92M)

Mar 20/21 — 239.7M / 198.5

2020/21 Total  — 3.340B / 680.6M

Compared to 2020 through the end of Feb — +127.63M

Notes: 
Biggest Day of the Year - Feb 26 — 9.06M

Biggest Day of the Month - Mar 05 — 8.91M

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 39,473

Spotify Achievements (3/24/2021)

Shallow crosses 1.443b streams (1,443,023,452)

ARUTW crosses 574m streams (574,427,311)

Rain On Me crosses 558m streams (558,097,233)

Stupid Love crosses 238m streams (238,218,007)

Paparazzi crosses 225m streams (225,156,286)

INLA (Extended) crosses 137m streams (137,067,941)

911 crosses 83m streams (83,114,383)

giphy.gif

Babylon is now Gaga's 51st (+1) most-streamed track, surpassing Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

Enigma is now Gaga's 54th (+1) most-streamed track, overtaking Sinner's Prayer

• paws up 5

Moderator 3,690
49 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Allat promo and for what

US is probably one of the weakest markets for Dua in North-America+Europe so it is still an achievement. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,446
4 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

US is probably one of the weakest markets for Dua in North-America+Europe so it is still an achievement. 

Yes, the fact that in 2020 she sold 3.3M WW with probably like 1.2M from the US for the year and 300k in the UK is actually great, and the album will continue to sell until it surpasses 5M global units 

It’s not a TF-kind of slayage but pretty solid for the streaming era 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
16 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Dula delivered a pretty solid era and y’all are envious, it shows

Dua Lipa Backbend GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Manifesting that Dua x Gaga collab coming for FN next rerelease bestie 

@Fame Romance her stans over rate this era like you say TF/TD it's not - but for dance in a dead sales climate as a female pop act this is a very good run. Although she's absolutely embraced by the most important metrics to get her songs going they wouldn't be going towards 600m streams and above just on payola. Don't forget Katy/Gaga had good support back in the day too lol 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,129
13 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It’s better. I’m a Swiftie and although folklore is artistically clever and well written Justin’s has some BOPS which have some really deep themes and messages and overall just feels like a more enjoyable piece of work

You just want to farm reactions at this point :icant:

Maybe we have to remove the "flop" react as well :enigma:

• paws up 1
  • lol 6

Moderator 17,129
Just now, MANiCURE1295 said:

So close to platinum :katy:

Just like ARTPOP and Joanne, Chromatica will end up as a platinum album and that is enough for me to call it a success. Not every album has to be ASIB or BTW kind of slayage. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 12,830
17 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Just like ARTPOP and Joanne, Chromatica will end up as a platinum album and that is enough for me to call it a success. Not every album has to be ASIB or BTW kind of slayage. 

Yes definitely, and I believe it was designed the same as those albums in terms of rollout. 911 GUY JW being the post album visual singles for their album, the 2nd single the era seller not far from the lead (in Joanne/Chromatica case) .

2 proper radio singles for all albums. All 3 singles respectively above 3xPlatinum eventually, and then a moderate sized album with well rounded global certs and peaks. That's your box check successful era imo. Its weird how much continuity there is actually - I would compare it to Shakira's 2009 and 2014 eras, 2 hits and a 2-3m WW album. 

The album could've definitely been more towards BTW ballpark (in terms of US chartrun at least) with the original promo run and SC, but it is what it is. Onwards and upwards :katy:

• paws up 1