Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

A Popster Is Born 11,934

Rewatching Gaga VMAs speeches from last year and wow... the amount of screentime they gave her :bradley: plus a 9 minute performance :bradley: One of her best nights at any award show

• yaas, gaga 2

22 minutes ago, Doncho said:

The best song on Joanne did that! Glad to say I was on Team Million Reasons since first listen. Really one of Gaga s best ballads

I wonder how the era would've been if she'd started it with Million Reasons. We'll never know 

I love Perfect Illusion but it wasn't the best comeback single.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,879
Just now, Doncho said:

Rewatching Gaga VMAs speeches from last year and wow... the amount of screentime they gave her :bradley: plus a 9 minute performance :bradley: One of her best nights at any award show

I watched the whole show but i don't even remember other artists' performances or who was there wtf

basically Lady Gaga Show

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,887

I think there was some form of payola influencing from Gaga's team to turn the VMA's into her show tbh (or maybe it's just 'cause she was performing)

Not complaining but even the GP knew something was up

Best night of Chromatica era though

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,887
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if bobe signed a deal with MTV that the VMAS would be the only award show she performs at for 2020 :dead:

This omg in turn they have to give her all the awards so she's able to showcase all her sickening looks

It was so fishy tbh

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,887
5 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

I wonder how the era would've been if she'd started it with Million Reasons. We'll never know 

I love Perfect Illusion but it wasn't the best comeback single.

Million Reasons had so much more potential and was a better representation for the whole era lmao, either that or a-yo shortly followed by mr.

Gaga probably knew that but was forced to make PI lead single, that's why she paid PI dust and made 10000 performances for MR

• shook 1

1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Million Reasons had so much more potential and was a better representation for the whole era lmao, either that or a-yo shortly followed by mr.

Gaga probably knew that but was forced to make PI lead single, that's why she paid PI dust and made 10000 performances for MR

Wait, she was forced to make PI the lead? Which marketing genius was responsible for that?

MR or Diamond Heart would've been so much better

Pop-a-911-ster 26,626
7 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Also the ONLY night of Chromatica era :flirtga:

OT: Million Resurrections winning and proving the Joanne era was successful in its own right whew

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,934
6 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I think there was some form of payola influencing from Gaga's team to turn the VMA's into her show tbh (or maybe it's just 'cause she was performing)

Not complaining but even the GP knew something was up

Well yeah... VMAs wins dont really mean much, since they go to the people that attend, most of the time. And since Gaga was willing to go, it was the perfect chance to show her some love :ohhh:

Thats why winning Grammys and Oscars is more important, since it seems to be (a bit) more transparent and real

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,887
12 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Wait, she was forced to make PI the lead? Which marketing genius was responsible for that?

MR or Diamond Heart would've been so much better

I mean it's just speculation but people say P.I. might have been a song recorded with the specific intention of being a lead single. I think they were scared of alienating the fanbase or sumn little did they know Gaga was about to get a whole new fanbase obssessed with ballads :dead:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

If PI had been promoted like MR i think it would been a huge hit in the long run. One of her worst singles on first listen but one of her best songs after you get used to it :oscar:

The video is also the best of the era :oscar:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 6
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,589
1 minute ago, artgagapop said:

If PI had been promoted like MR i think it would been a huge hit in the long run. One of her worst singles on first listen but one of her best songs after you get used to it :oscar:

Purrr. Great song, horrible single. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,879
Just now, Delusional said:

So Happy I Could Die needs to be brought back for TCB 

Would fit right in before or after fun tonight

TCB is not happening

Enigma 2.0 yes :'(

And a WW tour in 2024 which will be cancelled because of covid-24

Pop-a-911-ster 26,626
20 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Thats why winning Grammys and Oscars is more important, since it seems to be (a bit) more transparent and real

And thankfully the Tricon also has these two :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,934
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Exactly. I tell fans all the time PI never had the proper opportunity to be a single. Literally 2 weeks after dropping the single she did some acoustics and scattered interviews, then introduced A-YO and MR. And embarked on a Dive Bar Tour introducing more songs. :icant:

Sadly, I think promo wouldnt be enough to save PI. People in general just didnt like it. Stupid Love on the other hand had potential! But apart from release week, we got no promo

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Moderator 24,724

Spotify update 

Bad romance: 525,056,247 (+494,274)

ARUTW: 570,940,288 (+500,695)

Rain on me: 551,990,035 (+920,384)

stupid love: 236,446,868 (+256,415)

Spoiler

Edited by Sir.Sim
  • paws up 6
  • shook 1